Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 03:54 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
thanks. yes i do try to follow everyones advice. i also filled out fafsa. i want to be in school. but work and home stuff is up in the air right now so i need to focus on trying to get on my feet. i might be moving and other stuff might be happening, not sure yet. i want to be in school more than anything. stuff keeps getting in the way but i'm trying not to let it.
Excellent that you did the FAFSA app!

Why move unless to a cheaper place? If you can't swing the motel rent, can you afford an apartment with pet deposit?

Of course the obvious q is has the fella vanished/withdrawn assisstance?

Old 06-22-2018, 08:30 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
i don't want to work on a cruise. it sounds fun to go on a cruise but not work for one. really, i want to get away from customer service, i don't want to get drinks or food for people or deal with that. the kind of work i would want to do in law is help families. at mc'donalds I am being taken advantage of and overworked but am not making a difference.
There are many, many ways to help people - directly and indirectly. You can get trained in social work or work at charitable organizations (but for money). Work at an animal shelter...etc. These are not high-paying jobs but neither is McDonald's. You can work your way toward your goals while keeping your eyes open to all possibilities.

People on here are being very harsh - I think it is the "piling on" phenomenon that people make a comment and each person has to get more and more extreme.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Your plan to physically get to college when you get around to going is to hope the guy you’ve been casually dating will drive you back and forth to classes?

There are....a few flaws in this plan.
Yes...there are flaws. It'd be great if everyone here could nicely point out the flaws, offer suggestions and otherwise help Daisy to see issues like this and learn to figure out ways around roadblocks. Daisy is here asking for advice...does that count for nothing?

Old 06-22-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I'd agree.

Has she actually made any progress in the last 2 years? I haven't seen much. She is an entertaining person.

I never understood the dog thing. For someone poor, why take on the additional expense of a dog? She should be going to CC and for something useful. Becoming a paralegal is an ok option. I think medical assistant or dental hygienist would be better.

I don't understand how a fast food worker who grew up in poverty can get a sugar daddy. Usually sugar daddies go for females with a little more sophistication than she has. I see a woman with a sugar daddy as a pretty young female at a public university, or a public university graduate no more than 5 years out of school (30 and under) living in a large metropolitan area.

She has moved away from a toxic home situation from a family of users - using her.

Daisy hasn't had many people caring about her - what's wrong with a dog she can love that loves her. If that takes some pressure from her overrelying on potentially bad people taking advantage of her then the dog is worth it's weight in gold.

It's easy to call the guy a sugar daddy but he really doesn't fit the description. All he's done is take her out to eat and, yes, they have sex with no committment. Sounds like a lot of casual dating experiences. I guess any "couple" where the guy makes $40k more than the woman is a sugar daddy?

Old 06-22-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No passport, no dog care, no spending money, no plans for what happens when daddy is working all day...

Not to mention, how many employers would put up with an employee sneaking one of his uncommitted some-time sex partners along on a business trip? That could get you fired where I work.

It all seems very half-baked as a concept.
Seriously? I dunno where you work but I work for a very large respected company and I could book a "companion fare" that I'd pay for myself right through the company! Nothing weird at all about it and it was done all.the.time by married AND unmarried couples - hell, you could take anyone you wanted to - a kid or whatever.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm not so sure it would be that easy. What if she needs a reference and her current employer tells them that she's difficult and not a team player? And, as I said to jackwinkleman, she doesn't have a car.
Nobody gives references any more - too much liability...only dates of employment are confirmed.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Sucks View Post
Paris is constantly in the news for attacks, though.
You're kidding, right? I went to London a few weeks after their bombing - no way was I gonna cancel. Does everyone in a city that gets bombed move out? Daisy has far more pressing things to deal with than a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of a bombing.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:06 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Seriously? I dunno where you work but I work for a very large respected company and I could book a "companion fare" that I'd pay for myself right through the company! Nothing weird at all about it and it was done all.the.time by married AND unmarried couples - hell, you could take anyone you wanted to - a kid or whatever.
Did you miss the post when she said he was going to have to sneak her in since he didn't want anyone to know she was staying with him?

Old 06-22-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
It seems more like an endlessly repetitive thread, not off topic, with the OP coming back repeatedly with the same info/stories, no progress whatsoever, and multiple empty promises to change. And the same responses, many trying to be helpful, some just pointing out the obvious.
Less than a month has passed from start to finish of this thread - how much progress was she supposed to make? And if her life is too crazy at this moment - it's not the end of the world. I know it's better if she immediately take a class but if she needs to get her life more stable before starting school, waiting a semester for something she really wants is not that big a deal. Half the people on here say her life is too unstable so they should have no problem with her getting stuff worked out, right?

Old 06-22-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Did you miss the post when she said he was going to have to sneak her in since he didn't want anyone to know she was staying with him?
Yup - I did. HE not wanting people to know is far different than getting in trouble with the company. It's not good, but it is an FWB thing so if she can handle him not wanting to be seen by coworkers with her, big deal. Might be fun having an "illicit" affair in Paris. Everyone is taking this sooooooo seriously. She's a kid in her early 20's who just might be going to Paris. If HE gets in trouble, or gets embarrassed, so what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships