Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:17 PM

1,066 posts, read 764,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
twowildo's "evidence" is garbage. Anyone that has ever spent a significant amount of time around elderly people will tell you that they have good days and bad days.

The old guy may be capable of running on the beach on his good days, but that certainly doesn't mean he won't/doesn't experience mobility issues on his bad days.
I merely re-quoted the OPs statement, if that seems like "garbage" to you then I suggest you go back and re-read what the OP actually wrote and take it up with the OP.

You have absolutely NO idea about the person's health - good days or bad days - any more than the rest of us.

You make an awful lot of assumptions and sweeping generalizations plum. Why are you so defensive? Maybe because you see this behavior in yourself? Didn't you suggest that a certain poster would harm the elderly with baseball bats and kick their dogs? Aggressive much?

How do you know who has spent time around the elderly and who hasn't? Again with those assumptions, geez.

There is a saying... when the hole gets too deep, it's time to put down the shovel. Well... I think you need to put that shovel down.

Last edited by twowilldo; 06-23-2018 at 06:26 PM..

Old 06-23-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
OMG, I forgot about this. My estranged mother is in an adult community, and the whole place is worse than a high school with the way they talk crap about each other and "shun" people and whatnot. Any time I was at one of their "mixers" I felt the hair prickling on the back of my neck. And yeah, there were a few entitled bullies that made it ugly for everyone.
Yes I see this at my mom's retirement home also. She is 90. There are some real pieces of work in there... maybe due to dementia, sadly.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:23 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,148,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You’re defending a guy who when asked politely to not park in the OPs spot called her a b****.

I don't see where he was politely asked. It sounds like the OP was pretty pissed off when she went over there. And, in my experience, it would be extraordinarily unusual for a polite request to result in being called a b****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
My husband later asked him nicely for his spot back. He moved and I thought we had the issue resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Today, he parked in husband's spot and left his two spots vacant. I went over there and asked him if knew they were our spots and he said yes. I told him that we need those spots available for us at all times. He said that he was used to parking there because the last owner was never home (vacation property) He said it was hard to break habits. I said yep, but we need our spots.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Actually we do. He knows he’s parking in spots that don’t belong to him. He’s been doing it to other people as well. They just haven’t called him out on it. He agreed to take care not to park in the OP’s spots. Then he called her a B and kept right on doing what he wanted. It’s pretty clear what’s going on in his mind: That he’s entitled to park wherever he damn well pleases and has no plan to change that regardless of the burden it places on other people. He is a classic bully.

No, we don't know. What you posted tells us nothing.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
No, we don't know. What you posted tells us nothing.
Pot, meet kettle.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:32 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
I don't see where he was politely asked. It sounds like the OP was pretty pissed off when she went over there. And, in my experience, it would be extraordinarily unusual for a polite request to result in being called a b****.
Nothing in the OP indicates she was upset or angry. She asked him if he knew he was parked in her spot. That indicates she was aware it may have been an innocent error. Then he said he knew and was used to parking there since the previous owner was rarely around. She said it was important her spots were kept available for her and her husband. He agreed and then threw out the B word under his breath as she was leaving. Seems like he’s used to parking in her spots and is resentful at being asked not to do so.

Regardless of how it all went down, best thing for the OP to do is document his parking in her spots and let the HOA deal with him via fines or towing. Expecting your neighbor not to park in your designated spots is not unreasonable.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
I merely re-quoted the OPs statement, if that seems like "garbage" to you then I suggest you go back and re-read what the OP actually wrote and take it up with the OP.
If I'm not mistaken, you're the person that thought it would be an excellent idea to have a whole bunch of dementia literature sent to this guy's home.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 06-24-2018 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Rudeness

Old 06-23-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, you're the person that thought it would be an excellent idea to have a whole bunch of dementia literature sent to this guy's home.

Moderator cut: Orphaned
I thought the comment was funny, nothing more. So do you want some cheese with that whine tough guy?

Again unable to stay on topic... explains why so many of your comments were deleted (as this one will likely be).

Last edited by june 7th; 06-24-2018 at 08:59 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 06:55 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
You make an awful lot of assumptions and sweeping generalizations plum. Why are you so defensive? Maybe because you see this behavior in yourself? Didn't you suggest that a certain poster would harm the elderly with baseball bats and kick their dogs? Aggressive much?
I think when discussing disagreements with other persons in the discussion you should restrict yourself to debating their ideas, and avoid conjecture that would lead to casting aspersion on the person you disagree with.

Part of the problem with this topic is that the OP has not been back often as the replies and many of us are running on not enough knowledge regarding the OP's situation.

There is also the possibility that the OP has been disingenuous about representing the true situation.

I see no reason to comment further until the OP makes an appearance, and she has some explaining to do.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I think when discussing disagreements with other persons in the discussion you should restrict yourself to debating their ideas, and avoid conjecture that would lead to casting aspersion on the person you disagree with.

Part of the problem with this topic is that the OP has not been back often as the replies and many of us are running on not enough knowledge regarding the OP's situation.

There is also the possibility that the OP has been disingenuous about representing the true situation.

I see no reason to comment further until the OP makes an appearance, and she has some explaining to do.
^^^ Agreed. Thanks Lovehound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.