Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 07:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I was at a McDonald's today and a worker came by one of the tables. She was talking to two women customers. One of the women reached over and straightened out the apron the worker was wearing. Then she straightened up the name badge. It just seems rude to touch someone you don't know well, without their permission. I would never do this and to me it is rude, but wanted to get an idea of what other people think.
How do you know that she didn't know them??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 05:06 AM
KeysDreamin2019

n/a posts
Hopefully they are friends!

Old 07-07-2018, 07:44 AM

765 posts, read 473,105 times
it doesn't sound rude because i do believe they all knew one another. sorry.... i'm taking a guess because who truly knows based on the information you gave? based on that, i don't think rudeness played a part.

but then again, it's really hard to reach conclusions about anyone or anything.... even some of the ruder and more obnoxious people here on city data. i wonder why they are so rude so often, but since there seems to be adequate moderation of these forums, i'm not going to complain or jump to conclusions. there are many things about situations and people i refuse to judge because it ain't up to me to judge anyone or anything. i like to live....and let live. jumping to a conclusion that some kind of rudeness was involved in this instance just seems futile and none of my business.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:51 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Things can always look bad. Case in point:

DH seems to enjoy remembering lines from movies (him and the boys, seems to be more common in men), and we were out doing something and DH barks, in Drill Master Style (loudly ) "DO YOU MIND IF I AM IN CHARGE FOR AWHILE???!!!"

It's from some military movie.

Anyway, I start to crack up, but see this woman stopped dead in her tracks, and get this horrified look on her face, until she saw me laughing, and I still felt obligated to explain to her.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-07-2018, 11:06 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,778,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I was at a McDonald's today and a worker came by one of the tables. She was talking to two women customers. One of the women reached over and straightened out the apron the worker was wearing. Then she straightened up the name badge. It just seems rude to touch someone you don't know well, without their permission. I would never do this and to me it is rude, but wanted to get an idea of what other people think.
Did the worker say "Thanks Mom" or Grandma"? If not then yes quite rude and I have had people try that at Walmart and slapped their hands and told them "You don't touch me and you won't get hurt"...They'd storm off...Weird OCD people.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:08 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Sounds like something Mr. Monk would do.
That was the first thing that popped into my head!

Old 07-07-2018, 11:10 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
I've never had a staff member stop by my table at McDonald's. My immediate assumption would be that there was a pre-existing relationship.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:10 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,778,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Things can always look bad. Case in point:

DH seems to enjoy remembering lines from movies (him and the boys, seems to be more common in men), and we were out doing something and DH barks, in Drill Master Style (loudly ) "DO YOU MIND IF I AM IN CHARGE FOR AWHILE???!!!"

It's from some military movie.

Anyway, I start to crack up, but see this woman stopped dead in her tracks, and get this horrified look on her face, until she saw me laughing, and I still felt obligated to explain to her.
Full Metal Jacket. Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sgt. Harkman.......'Naming the recruits"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Lft6EQh-Y 3:06 (Love that movie)

Old 07-07-2018, 11:53 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Full Metal Jacket. Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sgt. Harkman.......'Naming the recruits"

(Love that movie)

Yes, and you prove my point.

Why do guys remember this stuff?

It is ironic because we just had mini-argument over something I told him that he doesn't remember.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-07-2018, 02:40 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,200 times
Obviously OP has too much time on their hands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships