Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 AM

919 posts, read 608,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny.29 View Post
isn’t it kind of rude to just tell someone to “go home” lol
No, why would you think that's rude? Especially if a person has nothing better to do than 'hang' when you do. I think it's rude not to call or txt before I visit someone. Everyone's got a mobile these days, so there's no excuse.
What if you were intending to garden? Or take the dog for a walk? Maybe I was intending to meditate or finish a book. Sometimes I'm grumpy/irritable due to pain & lack of sleep. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to entertain an acquaintance (especially not the types like Mighty Queens 'friend' who decide to latch on, who are more often than not quite draining to be around)
My mates txt or call first. (I really don't like unexpected knocks on my door) And before I visit anyone, I txt or call & ask what they're doing & if they'd like to hang out. Why? Because it's the respectful & polite thing to do.

As for your 'friend' from social media; you don't really know her. She could be a guy or an obese middle-aged mental patient with nothing better to do. You just don't know.
I've made quite a few 'good friends' on the internet over the years. Some you think you've really clicked. You look forward to their e-mails. Then somethings said & they just drop off. It happens.
It's disappointing, not because I've lost a friend but because they weren't who I thought they were.

You sound young Jenny. This is just a part of life, friends come & go. Real friends will always stay in contact. Just go about your business, pursue your interests & you'll make new friends.
Chin up & let it go. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 07:55 AM

45 posts, read 21,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
jenny: I re-read your first post, and I am not sure what VSCO is. What was the subject of the photos put up by your online friend?
it’s a photography app. it’s kinda like keeping an online portfolio so the pics are usually cool high tech photos of aesthetically pleasing views/subjects etc.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
No, why would you think that's rude? Especially if a person has nothing better to do than 'hang' when you do. I think it's rude not to call or txt before I visit someone. Everyone's got a mobile these days, so there's no excuse.
What if you were intending to garden? Or take the dog for a walk? Maybe I was intending to meditate or finish a book. Sometimes I'm grumpy/irritable due to pain & lack of sleep. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to entertain an acquaintance (especially not the types like Mighty Queens 'friend' who decide to latch on, who are more often than not quite draining to be around)
My mates txt or call first. (I really don't like unexpected knocks on my door) And before I visit anyone, I txt or call & ask what they're doing & if they'd like to hang out. Why? Because it's the respectful & polite thing to do.

As for your 'friend' from social media; you don't really know her. She could be a guy or an obese middle-aged mental patient with nothing better to do. You just don't know.
I've made quite a few 'good friends' on the internet over the years. Some you think you've really clicked. You look forward to their e-mails. Then somethings said & they just drop off. It happens.
It's disappointing, not because I've lost a friend but because they weren't who I thought they were.

You sound young Jenny. This is just a part of life, friends come & go. Real friends will always stay in contact. Just go about your business, pursue your interests & you'll make new friends.
Chin up & let it go. Good luck.
i think it’s rude because the person who posted that basically said she kicks her friend out of her house when she’s had enough. like from what she described, i think it’s just insensitive because that other lady obviously likes her a lot and wants to hang out. it’s not like she’s being annoying on purpose. from what I can understand anyway .
then again to each their own

Old 07-23-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This online friend sounds like a creepy old man playing around. Have you OP thought of that? I think you need to get out more and meet real world people.
She’s not catfishing me lol trust me if she was I’d get a vibe but she isn’t you can just tell

Old 07-23-2018, 08:25 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,060 times
Quote:
it’s a photography app. it’s kinda like keeping an online portfolio so the pics are usually cool high tech photos of aesthetically pleasing views/subjects etc.
Thanks.

I know it can be really tough to do what you KNOW you should do, especially when you feel things so intensely. Some of us are just wired that way.

Have you tried journaling about this? Whether handwritten or online somewhere, spilling it all onto paper can help drain you of these unpleasant feelings and also give you a sense of perspective.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:51 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
i think it’s rude because the person who posted that basically said she kicks her friend out of her house when she’s had enough. like from what she described, i think it’s just insensitive because that other lady obviously likes her a lot and wants to hang out. it’s not like she’s being annoying on purpose. from what I can understand anyway .
then again to each their own
But the point is that the woman who takes up MQ's time is not her friend, she's a neighbor who can't take a hint. MQ is not obligated to be held hostage in her home by someone she doesn't want to spend time with when she has other things to do. That you can't see that there are real boundary issues here is going to be a problem in your relationships.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:34 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
isn’t it kind of rude to just tell someone to “go home” lol

It's never rude to tell a rude person to go home..... or to get lost.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:04 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
op, it would be wise to step back from the technology and cultivate your real life. You're asking online strangers about what to do with an online stranger. Online relationships are not completely real until they are validated by physical reality.

This shouldn't be so important to you. Here are some steps:

1. Step back from the technology. No online discussion boards. No social networking.
2. In the inevitable silence that follows, consider: What is missing from my real life? What am i avoiding?
3. Consider the problems you're dealing with or avoiding in your real life. What can you change for the better?
4. Change
5. Turn your focus outwards to see how you can help the strangers.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2018, 03:33 PM

263 posts, read 230,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It's never rude to tell a rude person to go home..... or to get lost.

go to bed is a bit more polite

Old 07-23-2018, 03:34 PM

263 posts, read 230,659 times
Quote:
She’s not catfishing me lol trust me if she was I’d get a vibe but she isn’t you can just tell
skepticism can be healthy

listen to the voices of experience in this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships