Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 01:43 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,076,604 times

Advertisements

You have expectations that are not healthy or reasonable to expect out of any casual friend.

She has the right to hold her phone and be online and be focused on other things besides you.

If you keep acting like this, you will force a choice you really won't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 01:45 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,751,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny.29 View Post
and i can't tell my mom because if i do i can kiss my phone and laptop goodbye lol gonna be livin' like it's 1978
Maybe that's not such a bad thing. You are being obsessive. She has cut you off without being mean to you. Can't be any clearer than that. YOU are making yourself miserable, not her.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:55 PM

45 posts, read 21,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
She has told you ... without words. Her lack of communication is sending a message that she's just not that into you.
this comment made me really sad i can't even describe

Old 07-21-2018, 02:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
You are suffering a break with reality. This is someone you have never met. An online friend, who has other online friends, and you are jealous and possessive of a virtual stranger. This is not about her, this is about your hunger for her attention.

I suggest you ask your parents to set you up with a therapist. I promise, once you come back to the real world and your 3-dimensional life, you will feel much better.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:13 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
this comment made me really sad i can't even describe

I'm sorry it made you really sad, but it's the reality of the situation. There's no point in sugar coating it. You need to hear it bluntly.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:28 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
One of the best solutions would be to work on developing more relationships in real life!

Old 07-21-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are suffering a break with reality. This is someone you have never met. An online friend, who has other online friends, and you are jealous and possessive of a virtual stranger. This is not about her, this is about your hunger for her attention.

I suggest you ask your parents to set you up with a therapist. I promise, once you come back to the real world and your 3-dimensional life, you will feel much better.
she actually doesn't have any other online friends it's just me which makes it worse
she isn't a stranger tho and i'm not living a 3 dimensional life i just enjoy talking to her. it makes me happy. it's not like i don't have friends but she means a lot to me right now. i don't think i need therapy if i were to ask my parents they'd ask me why i want to and then i'd have to get into everything and it's too uncomfortable, they don't really understand me much. especially my mom

Old 07-21-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
One of the best solutions would be to work on developing more relationships in real life!
i don't understand this expression. people use it all the time like it's not like talking to someone online is "fake" i just can't be near them physically. but our souls connect and that's what matters i actually don't have any other online friends either just her

Old 07-21-2018, 02:49 PM

125 posts, read 64,362 times
Quote:
i don't understand this expression. people use it all the time like it's not like talking to someone online is "fake" i just can't be near them physically. but our souls connect and that's what matters i actually don't have any other online friends either just her
Your souls aren't connecting though. She is trying to sever that connection. She doesn't feel the same way you do. She has shown you that by not talking to you. And you honestly don't know how many friends she has.

"Real life friends" are those who can give you a reciprocal relationship that is good for both of you. You are being too needy and clingy and asking too much of this person you don't know. You need to back off.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:49 PM

and now my earbuds just broke down so my one escape (music) is gone i think this world hates me idk what i'm even doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships