Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times

Advertisements

I have more than a few people on ignore in just this thread. It's easy enough to read their posts by clicking the "View Post" link in the upper right hand corner of the post from a person you have on ignore if I wish to do so. In total, I probably have well over 100 people on ignore. It helps keep me out of trouble, and I really don't care what these people have to say.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:10 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
I find it fun arguing with people whom I know to be wrong, therefore no one is on my ignore list.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:22 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,175 times
I have one person on my ignore list. He's just a total a$$hat. Since I've ignored him, I almost never see a post from him anymore. I'm guessing a lot of other people have ignored him as well and he's not getting enough internet feeding due to being ignored, LOL!

I've come across a LOT of other internet mystical beings on these forums but the vast majority of them don't follow you around harassing you. I had one doing that who is actually NOT on my ignore list, but after posting PMs to me a couple of times I posted in a thread to him to NOT send me PMs any more since he was acting like a creepy stalker.

I got a note from a mod asking me to make a formal complaint, but he stopped after that - don't know if the mod got involved or if my specific statement in the forum was enough to stop him. I WOULD have put him on ignore if I'd ever heard from him again.

Mostly I don't remember the names of anyone on here. If I notice them enough to remember who they are, they are posting quite a lot of pure horse hockey. When I put them on my ignore list, they have to be REALLY REALLY bad or I'd never remember them. WAY out in the weeds. Totally bat guano crazy.

If my memory were better there'd probably be more than one person on my list, but if I can't remember them between incidents anyway, they must not be around often enough to have made it worthwhile anyway, LOL!

Old 08-06-2018, 11:27 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
My Ignore list is currently empty.

There were at least two posters on there, but I must have ignored them long enough that I gave them a "second chance".

Hope they don't "blow it"!

Old 08-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,592 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I purposely try not to look at the poster's name when I first read a post. Because there's almost no one who doesn't sometimes say something worth considering sometimes.

I designed a survey for a statistics class in college. I made up quotes that I thought everyone would agree with - "In general, people benefit from a good education", "A good way to save time is stay organized", "All children deserve healthy nutritious food", etc. Made up about 20 statements. THEN, I attributed them to various people. Walter Chronkite, Adolph Hitler, Albert Einstein, etc.

And jumbled them up who said what on the surveys. Some people got a survey that attributed the quote to Einstein, some that attributed it a Hitler, etc.

Turns out, it wasn't a surprise. When asked to rate "strongly agree" all the way to "strongly disagree" we can all guess what happened. People agreed with Chronkite and not Hitler.

I don't want to judge the message by the messenger.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:20 PM

723 posts, read 570,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Are you sure you don't want their names?
Yes, I'm sure. Thanks. :-)

I only asked the question to see if there are certain forums where civility breaks down more often than not, or where common courtesy is no longer the norm.

I mostly participate on Wyoming, Retirement, Real Estate, Investing/Personal Finance, and sometimes Dogs. I haven't had any problems.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:40 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
Yes, I'm sure. Thanks. :-)

I only asked the question to see if there are certain forums where civility breaks down more often than not, or where common courtesy is no longer the norm.

I mostly participate on Wyoming, Retirement, Real Estate, Investing/Personal Finance, and sometimes Dogs. I haven't had any problems.

Usually Politics....the most fierce!

Old 08-06-2018, 12:49 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
I've had a few that I have temporarily ignored simply because I would get into trouble in my responses to them! But I always ended up looking at their posts anyway so...

Old 08-06-2018, 01:02 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
I didn't know that was a thing, but I don't have anybody I'd want to ignore. There's one person I wish I could hide from. I never see them post, they send me creepy reps on posts I make.

I don't engage if threads get hostile. I will discuss and have respectful debate, but there's a line.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:02 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Usually Politics....the most fierce!
I just don't go on the politics board mostly. There's enough unhinged people taht I encounter in the world without me visiting their clubhouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships