Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 10:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Wow. Did you never learn to give a wide berth to people who make poor decisions and needlessly complicate their lives?

Those folks make terrible friends, as you have figured out. Teach your children this lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 10:53 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Run fast, run far! She is bad news and will suck you into her drama.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:30 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
She makes poor life decisions, but FWIW, child support is NOT alimony. It is for the children and not the parent. If the kids are living with her, he is mandated to pay it even if she has a job.

I don’t think you should remain friends with her because she seems to have a lot of issues, but the kids will get child support until they turn 18.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:58 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
She makes poor life decisions, but FWIW, child support is NOT alimony. It is for the children and not the parent. If the kids are living with her, he is mandated to pay it even if she has a job.

I don’t think you should remain friends with her because she seems to have a lot of issues, but the kids will get child support until they turn 18.
Yeah. I think the past couple of week's I was at my wit's end with her. Too much drama, and I am just done with it.

I don't think I am going to cut it off just like that. I will definitely let her know how I feel and that I no longer will hear her drama. If she doesn't like it and gets all dramatic, that's on her. I will move on.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:10 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
It puzzles me that this relationship is a model for what you think of as "friendship."

Have you had other friendships? Maybe you have nothing to compare it to.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:59 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Aren't you the guy that once told us you manage your many friends and levels of friendship with a spreadsheet? This person needs to be moved to a different column.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:09 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
She sounds like a user, and probably a liar, and prone to violent tendencies. I think, what she's done, she has brought on herself.

That's all way too much drama for me.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Aren't you the guy that once told us you manage your many friends and levels of friendship with a spreadsheet? This person needs to be moved to a different column.
I already did. Lol. Good memory.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:17 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
It's interesting that you all say this. Because lately I have been thinking if she never wants to talk to me again because I am colder towards this and over all her drama I would be okay with that.
Yeah, I was wondering myself, OP, reading your story, why you got back together with her, after that initial rift. What was the point?

Old 08-17-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It puzzles me that this relationship is a model for what you think of as "friendship."

Have you had other friendships? Maybe you have nothing to compare it to.
I think it's worked because there has been distance. The six years of our friendship, only 1.5 is when we lived in the same city. Outside of that she was either living with her mother in another city or she moved to another city with her ex-husband. Also it was a little volatile between us when we were living in the same city. Then when she moved away things stabilized.

Also, I would say the past 3-4 years we didn't talk THAT much. We would exchange texts or calls maybe once every 3 weeks. It's been the last six months were communication has intensified. With that being said I also ignore her a lot. Because there are weeks where she texts me every day (not always drama) and I really don't need to talk to someone every day, unless close family our significant other.

For example, when she sent me a text about her ex-husband being arrested. i actually ignored her for 3 days and told her I was on DND and just didn't want to hear anything as I needed some quite time.

It was all manageable in that regard. And many times i have put a stop to it. So then she doesn't tell me any drama for months, and then little by little, she starts creep up again with it. But this time I am really done with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships