Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 08:03 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,446,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I stopped absolutely to hire women under 45 and off course all the mentoring. I had few millennial already and they were offered to work from home permanently (with some other guys for cover). I don't have time for all of this drama.
For me, all of my interactions with women at work done with open doors. All the one/one are recorded by camera.
I worked very hard to get this position, and there is no way that I will risk it with this crazy metoo thing.
None of this would have any effect on you if you didn't behave inappropriately. Don't be a jerk and you have nothing to worry about.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Woman who made false rape claims against two football players 'rolls her eyes' during court hearing | Daily Mail Online

A slap on the wrist (1 year in jail) for ruining the lives of two men at Sacred Heart University -- including expulsion.
Are we going to compare the number of false allegations to the number of real victims.

No one should have false allegations made against them but I'll save my tears for the millions of real victims.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:10 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,719,497 times
Quote:
I stopped absolutely to hire women under 45 and off course all the mentoring. I had few millennial already and they were offered to work from home permanently (with some other guys for cover). I don't have time for all of this drama.
For me, all of my interactions with women at work done with open doors. All the one/one are recorded by camera.
I worked very hard to get this position, and there is no way that I will risk it with this crazy metoo thing.
Congrats on making things worse. That kind of discrimination is even more obvious!

Old 08-27-2018, 08:11 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,650,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
None of this would have any effect on you if you didn't behave inappropriately. Don't be a jerk and you have nothing to worry about.
It's not about me. It's about young women that will try to make a quick one (very easy in this climate), to get settlements and to ruin my life. I'm a cautious man.

Also, I had a very bad experience. I hired a very hot young lady, and she almost ruined my department. Half the men started to orbit her, get nasty to each other and even few times do the job for her. I don't need all of this drama.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
It's not about me. It's about young women that will try to make a quick one (very easy in this climate), to get settlements and to ruin my life. I'm a cautious man.

Also, I had a very bad experience. I hired a very hot young lady, and she almost ruined my department. Half the men started to orbit her, get nasty to each other and even few times do the job for her. I don't need all of this drama.
So why stop hiring women ? Why not reprimand the horndogs???

Old 08-27-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So why stop hiring women ? Why not reprimand the horndogs???
Because those "horndogs" are bringing productive results that I can show to my bosses, and to keep my job that pays my mortgage.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Because those "horndogs" are bringing productive results that I can show to my bosses, and to keep my job that pays my mortgage.
Of course they are. And that's exactly how a harmful environment gets perpetuated. SO yes, even with all your preventive efforts, you are part of the problem.

Now young women, who could be daughters of you or one of the horndogs, won't get the advantage of your professional expertise. Since those men who bring productive results can't control themselves, another person who could be great in your field misses out on an opportunity. But hey ... you can just bring on another young horndog and train him in your toxic ways. It's easier and WAY more fun! Score another one for the good ole boy system!

All because you guys can't see a woman without thinking of her in bed. It's ridiculous.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,547,897 times
So I work in a male dominate industry (Chemical) at least in the hiring and upper management area most of the folks are men.

It is more than "don't do X" and you don't have any thing to worry about. For example now all the male supervisors are petrified to even be alone with the female staff. We are getting ready for year end evaluations. Chemist are now requesting HR reps to be at every evaluations. this is a hassle so yep, the 5 interns we are taking for the fall? all male.

It's simply easier (in their eyes). I know it's absolutely paranoid but the chemist have said, they are not going to run the risk that saying "you look nice this morning" is going to become an issue. Senior chemist spend a lot of time with their Jr staff, and now there is a perception that saying absolutely anything could be construed as "harassing" They are not going to run the risk of saying critiquing their work negatively so now they are simply not going to fight to get them better raises.

We have a women's networking group and it's all they talk about. They are worried that they will get passed over on the prime projects.

We've spent a few thousand incorporating a new sexual conduct "language" training program that everyone is now required to take. That is money that is coming out of bonuses.

I'm retiring soon but I can 100% say that, whether right or wrong it's having minor negative repercussions. We usually do the college hiring fair, it will be interesting to see if we see a trend.

again I'm not saying this is right or wrong

Old 08-27-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Of course they are. And that's exactly how a harmful environment gets perpetuated. SO yes, even with all your preventive efforts, you are part of the problem.

Now young women, who could be daughters of you or one of the horndogs, won't get the advantage of your professional expertise. Since those men who bring productive results can't control themselves, another person who could be great in your field misses out on an opportunity. But hey ... you can just bring on another young horndog and train him in your toxic ways. It's easier and WAY more fun! Score another one for the good ole boy system!

All because you guys can't see a woman without thinking of her in bed. It's ridiculous.
I don't give a flying ****. I have a mortgage to pay. You will not pay it for me, right?

Also, about this hottie, she was using them. She enjoyed the fact that her lead was treating her specially. And the result was that the lead instead of managing his team and getting me the reports on time, was coding some of her part.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
So money is more important that unethical or improper behavior in the workplace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships