Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 07:38 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times

Advertisements

OP was last on this board 12 days ago, BTW...probably won't ever return to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Honestly, I can say that it's never happened to me in which I missed going into an open stall & am still just standing there. I've gone to quite a few events in my day w/ long bathroom lines & I'm quite observant & alert & so let's say there are 2+ LONG sides of stalls...well my eyes are constantly scanning them all up & down to see if I don't see a pair of feet standing in one of them & I don't miss things like that.

HOWEVER, IF I did manage to miss seeing a stall which hasn't happened yet, I would hope that someone would be nice enough to go to the 1st person in line & point & say, "There's one there" rather than just go on in yourself. I mean come on OP, you obviously know people aren't just standing in line for the heck of it. So, it's little differences like that that make certain people not as kind as others and God rewards kinder people. Cutting corners one's whole life, seeing what you can get away w/, acting entitled, etc. isn't really a high-caliber person...that's being a smart @s$.
I know God's blessed me in many ways throughout my life!

RE: handicapped stalls, if no one around me is handicapped, I'll go ahead & use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
These people also don't merge properly on the freeway and zoom by everyone on the shoulder forcing their way into traffic at the last second, nearly causing a pile up.
Absolutely 200% right, Mr_Geek! It's the bigger picture & the OP is showing what kind of a #$!&^* character she has...(you fill it in w/ whatever). A person isn't going to just do 1 rude thing, but be a kind soul all other times UNLESS they think it benefits them somehow. It's like what I said above (post #62).

People like the OP are entitled narcissists & narcissists feel it's ALWAYS:

- about them
- they don't have to follow the rules like everyone else
- it's always someone else's fault (everyone else is too dumb, slow, not as talented, etc.)

People like the OP obviously have no sincerity, kindness, compassion, warmth, modesty, humbleness, AND the TON of other POSITIVE qualities we hope mankind to have.

ALL the members of my fiance's family are the same type of B@$tArd$ too, which is why he's through w/ them. I couldn't stand them since I 1st met them on day 1.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 04-26-2019 at 08:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 01:08 AM

808 posts, read 541,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I don't think the hordes of ladies standing there crossing their legs are just too dumb to look under the doors.
That's the point. Sometimes there are long lines of women too dumb to look under the door to make sure all the stalls are being used.

People here call it being polite!?!

Old 04-27-2019, 01:11 AM

808 posts, read 541,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
It never even crossed my mind to go in front of a line that is waiting to peer under the doors - I would think the next person waiting is already in need and had done that (well.. not peer under the door but determine whether that stall was usable).
Why would you think that? I usually wait a bit, and after a while realize there's a problem, so I look. If I knew the person at the front of line had looked (I am watching) then there would be no need for me to look.

I only look if I know the people at the front have not looked. They've just been standing there, assuming they know everything, therefore, no reason to verify.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:22 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
If I saw you go past me to a stall that was empty, but the person at the front of the line was not paying attention, I'd most likely follow your lead and go around the sheep.

If there is a place with a mens room with no line, and a long line at the women's door, I'll go check the men's door and if it's a one-seater and no guys waiting, I'll just go in the men's door.

I'm much more assertive in my old age. And my bladder is, too.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:09 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
If I saw you go past me to a stall that was empty, but the person at the front of the line was not paying attention, I'd most likely follow your lead and go around the sheep.

If there is a place with a mens room with no line, and a long line at the women's door, I'll go check the men's door and if it's a one-seater and no guys waiting, I'll just go in the men's door.

I'm much more assertive in my old age. And my bladder is, too.
I would simply make a general announcement toward the front, “hey I think the end stall is emptyâ€. Half the time they know but the toilets clogged with poo or something.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:40 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
if I was You I’d be more worried about why I was getting so angry over something so trivial.
Bingo. You may want to have that checked out.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:03 PM

11 posts, read 5,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretBartle View Post
It happened again today, and I argue with myself over it.

I'm in line at a venue, usually an entertainment venue, and there's a line leading out the door of the womens' restroom. I walk past everyone in line, and glance at the floor of every stall. Often, there is an empty stall that is being ignored. No one ever comes out of it, so no one ever goes in to it. So I do.

I want to turn to the woman at the front of the line and yell at her " You'r making all these women wait because you're too <bleep>stupid to check for an empty stall? All you can do is wait like some sheep for someone to come out, before you go in?"

But of course I don't, I prepare a response for an outraged accusation (which never comes) of "I assumed no one wanted it so I took it".

I first noticed this at a huge 4th of July fireworks event. The line for the 30 or so port-a-potties was at least 40 minutes. After about 10 minutes of waiting, I walked up to the semi-circle of port-a-potties, and noticed one was empty so I opened the door and waved the woman at the head of the line in, and walked until I found another empty port-a-potty and waved the next person in, for about 4 or 5. I wasn't even half-way through, I just thought "screw 'em. If they are so brain-dead they can't check, even after I've clearly shown that probably a third of the port-a-potties are empty, they deserve to stand wait in line."

I can't figure out this extreme hostility I have to people who refuse to take any initiative, and prefer to stand aruond like sheep, but there it is. Take a deep breath and let it go.

But I'd like to hear feedback from women - how would you feel if you're standing in line, and someone walks right past you, finds an empty stall and takes it? I'm not talking about someone taking a stall that the first person in line is heading for, I'm talking about a stall that no one will take because no one ever comes out of it. The people in line only go to stalls when someone comes out, and the empty stall is ignored by eeyone except me. I've just done everyone a favor, because they have one more stall than they did before.

Actually, the other reason I've done everyone a favor is that perhaps, maybe, someone else might take the hint, and check to see if there are maybe more ignored stalls!

I can't imagine getting so worked up about public rest room line etiquette.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
OP was last on this board 12 days ago, BTW...probably won't ever return to this thread.

Absolutely 200% right, Mr_Geek! It's the bigger picture & the OP is showing what kind of a #$!&^* character she has...(you fill it in w/ whatever). A person isn't going to just do 1 rude thing, but be a kind soul all other times UNLESS they think it benefits them somehow. It's like what I said above (post #62).

People like the OP are entitled narcissists & narcissists feel it's ALWAYS:

- about them
- they don't have to follow the rules like everyone else
- it's always someone else's fault (everyone else is too dumb, slow, not as talented, etc.)

People like the OP obviously have no sincerity, kindness, compassion, warmth, modesty, humbleness, AND the TON of other POSITIVE qualities we hope mankind to have.

ALL the members of my fiance's family are the same type of B@$tArd$ too, which is why he's through w/ them. I couldn't stand them since I 1st met them on day 1.

People that quote themselves are narcissists.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsSST View Post
People that quote themselves are narcissists.
I don't know about other people but when I do it, it's to stress a point, agree w/ someone, or clarify what someone failed to understand initially w/ what I said.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I don't know about other people but when I do it, it's to stress a point, agree w/ someone, or clarify what someone failed to understand initially w/ what I said.
I didn't read what you wrote the first time around or when you reposted it.
It didn't seem interesting.
But I noticed "narcissistic" because it was in bold print and I thought it was funny because only a narcissist would use their own posts as an example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships