Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2018, 10:42 AM

149 posts, read 100,568 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by iron_stick
I work at this special education school and part of the job requires driving students from home to school. I pick up 6 students (severely autistic) with 2 other staff members.

Except you don't do that.
You don't pick up anyone.

You typed "I" and to boot, in all actuality, there are 3 employees on that bus

So no "I" either.

It's all about you to the point you omitted everyone else on the bus, talking in the first person, even placing yourself in the bus driver position.

You need to stop thinking of yourself. Be glad you have a job. Don't look for offenses, look to the positive of your job. Including the positive within your co-workers. The next time a song comes on the radio about love, actually listen to the words. You might learn something

Old 09-24-2018, 10:50 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Limit the music choices to instrumentals, rather than vocals; a piano can't proselytize.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:55 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
At least it's not trap music. I would slit my wrists if I had to listen to that crap all day long while working.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
People going out of there way to bash Christians for having the nerve to listen to music they like.

FWIW "Christian" music on the radio, sure, it tends to be sentimental and cheesy. But I'd MUCH rather have my kids listen to that than the absolute filth on the other stations.
FYI, there are stations that play neither religious music nor filth.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:44 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
Originally Posted by iron_stick
I work at this special education school and part of the job requires driving students from home to school. I pick up 6 students (severely autistic) with 2 other staff members.

Except you don't do that.
You don't pick up anyone.

You typed "I" and to boot, in all actuality, there are 3 employees on that bus

So no "I" either.

It's all about you to the point you omitted everyone else on the bus, talking in the first person, even placing yourself in the bus driver position.

You need to stop thinking of yourself. Be glad you have a job. Don't look for offenses, look to the positive of your job. Including the positive within your co-workers. The next time a song comes on the radio about love, actually listen to the words. You might learn something
You're going to bold only a small part of the sentence and then act like they didn't include the rest? OP idn't omit everyone else on the bus. They were right there in same sentence. Perhaps you just stopped reading three words in.

And OP didn't actually say that s/he was behind the wheel. Part of the job requires driving students to school, whether as the actual driver or as one of the accompanying assistants. The OP is part of a team that is responsible for providing transportation.

Last edited by hertfordshire; 09-24-2018 at 12:58 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 12:48 PM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
As a kid, I was frequently in the car or bus with people who insisted on playing Christian music even though they knew I was Jewish - 4H trips, public school band trips, etc.

I never said anything, despite how DEEPLY uncomfortable it made me, because I would be the only one complaining and I didn't want to make a fuss. It was deeply offensive to have to listen to music praising what I believed and still believe to be a false messiah.

While the OP is an atheist, who knows if any of the students on the bus (who are nonverbal) have religious opposition to Christian music being played. There is no excuse for Christian music in a non-religious professional setting.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:19 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,872 times
"I'm HIGHLY offended, but I don't want to SAY anything. What should I do?"

Old 09-24-2018, 02:01 PM

149 posts, read 100,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You're going to bold only a small part of the sentence and then act like they didn't include the rest? OP idn't omit everyone else on the bus. They were right there in same sentence. Perhaps you just stopped reading three words in.
She talks in the first person as if she is the bus driver. I included the entire sentences, CUT AND pasted. Not a small portion of sentences. That makes no sense. We know the rest, that is what we are discussing.
Self centeredness to the point of her thinking she is on par with the authority of the bus driver. She is only an AIDE. She'll need to move up to that position.

Quote:
And OP didn't actually say that s/he was behind the wheel. Part of the job requires driving students to school, whether as the actual driver or as one of the accompanying assistants. The OP is part of a team that is responsible for providing transportation.
No. She said, "I pick up"
You need to read my posts before responding
Repeating myself takes time

She picks no one up
She is not a bus driver
No part of HER job requires driving students, or "picking" anyone up.
She is a lower level bus aide.

There is no real TEAM here except if she is included alongside his teacher & her Aides
participating in that particular students goals
She and the other bus aides are not part of the same "Team"
Each Bus Aide is responsible for this or that particular student(s)
Not each others assigned students
If they need bus aides, there is behavioral issues involved here
Only that particular certain person trained with that student deals with them
Behavioral and safety issues only
Bus driver drives the bus, she/he is responsible for transportation
They are Aides for the students, not involved in any transportation issues
They sit there and do nothing but keep the students safe.

The Bus driver is responsible to drive the students & staff, safely to and from, school
And is responsible for the busses safety.
I also taught special education as a substitute during College.
Did respite care for 2 individuals diagnosed Autistic.

I now work with mentally ill adults deemed "criminally insane" transitioning from mental hospitals.
My co-workers and I are a TEAM
I am their Supervisor -AND- Co Worker
Our team includes a few social workers
We all work TOGETHER, as a team, with the same individual who requires 24/7 support.

As a Bus Aide, complaining about christian music on the bus is nuts
She sits there for a short time monitoring those assigned to her.
This is a woman who is looking for offenses where they do not exist.

Last edited by ByeFelicia.; 09-24-2018 at 02:18 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 02:22 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
She talks in the first person as if she is the bus driver. I included the entire sentences, CUT AND pasted. Not a small portion of sentences. That makes no sense. We know the rest, that is what we are discussing.
Self centeredness to the point of her thinking she is on par with the authority of the bus driver. She is only an AIDE. She'll need to move up to that position.

No. She said, "I pick up"
You need to read my posts before responding
Repeating myself takes time

She picks no one up
She is not a bus driver
No part of HER job requires driving students, or "picking" anyone up.
She is a lower level bus aide.

snip ...
You're presuming to know an awful lot about this group that you can't possibly know..

What she said was (including the part you're ignoring)

Quote:
I pick up 6 students (severely autistic) with 2 other staff members.

She didn't omit anyone.

Stop embellishing to fit your narrative of what's going on. You don't know what their roles are in relation to each other, unless you are somehow involved in their HR department.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:46 PM

178 posts, read 230,464 times
LOL probably feels like he/she is going to hell and doesn't want to be reminded. The driver controls the station nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships