Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 10:56 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times

Advertisements

I think the OP should just stay away from his brother's family. From what I could tell the brother could have very good reasons for putting him at a distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 05:51 PM

315 posts, read 300,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I hope the OP comes back, if only to explain what "social posture" means. I know the meaning of each of those words, but together...?

Completely agree with this. The kids aren't the problem. The relationship between you and your brother is. Why would you want to punish them for it?
Grace by "social posture" I meant being the one to look like (or not look like) I'm desperately trying to makeup the relationship. Of course in this case I prefer being the one to "not look like" I'm trying to be friends as I certainly have enough friends and obligations of my own to keep me busy.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:27 PM

315 posts, read 300,141 times
Default I replied to the kids

Well, thanks for all your honest responses and feedback. I did respond to the kids text messages. From looking at the responses it was obvious that they found me helpful in that regard. It also helped that I listen to certain podcasts that preach positivity.

Much love and thanks for the needed insight and opinion :-)

Old 10-14-2018, 06:34 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
Why are you jealous of your brother and his "cushy" job? (Computer programming jobs are not cushy in the least). What do you do for a living and if you think programming is "cushy," why don't you take it up?

You are being a bad uncle.

I don't know what those kids need or why they are reaching out to you, but pick up the phone and find out. Quit playing games.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:37 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheuss View Post
Well, thanks for all your honest responses and feedback. I did respond to the kids text messages. From looking at the responses it was obvious that they found me helpful in that regard. It also helped that I listen to certain podcasts that preach positivity.

Much love and thanks for the needed insight and opinion :-)
Good for you. Keep on in that general direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships