Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 12:27 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
So this happened back in May.

Now like I said she read my message the first time and responded and said we should get together. She actually wrote 2 messages that looked nearly identical. And then I responded and talked a little about the family tree on ancestry.

Right after that like the next day she liked my post and turned off her active status and it shows that she didn’t read my message. So I’m just trying to connect the dots. The timing was weird.
So recently I sent another message about a get together and it shows unread.
Well, if it happened back in May, then my theory about the scam messages probably doesn't apply. What about my other suggestions? A facebook event or a family group? Do you have any interest in doing either of those things? I think it's worth a try, considering how much you'd like to get together with her.

Also, what about the phone number? You didn't answer me on that part - how is your mom going to call her if you don't even have her number? I'm confused.

Just trying to be helpful with suggestions for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM

749 posts, read 481,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Well, if it happened back in May, then my theory about the scam messages probably doesn't apply. What about my other suggestions? A facebook event or a family group? Do you have any interest in doing either of those things? I think it's worth a try, considering how much you'd like to get together with her.

Also, what about the phone number? You didn't answer me on that part - how is your mom going to call her if you don't even have her number? I'm confused.

Just trying to be helpful with suggestions for you.

I can try an event. Possibly a group, but the group wouldn’t be very big for this side of the family. Just my family and a couple other cousins. It would be 7 people or so. Maybe I can find out if the other cousins are on fb.

As far as the number my mom says she has the number of the cousin’s uncle, on her other side of her family. Hasn’t talked to them either in 30 years lol, so it will be interesting to see if they give it to us. But the story is my cousins family feuded with their uncle and his family. Nothing to do with us. But I noticed that overtime their mom slowly started to want to see less people and less came overtime to the holidays. We were the last outside their immediate family.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:37 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
I can try an event. Possibly a group, but the group wouldn’t be very big for this side of the family. Just my family and a couple other cousins. It would be 7 people or so. Maybe I can find out if the other cousins are on fb.

As far as the number my mom says she has the number of the cousin’s uncle, on her other side of her family. Hasn’t talked to them either in 30 years lol, so it will be interesting to see if they give it to us. But the story is my cousins family feuded with their uncle and his family. Nothing to do with us. But I noticed that overtime their mom slowly started to want to see less people and less came overtime to the holidays. We were the last outside their immediate family.
I really can't believe you don't understand how your insistence on contacting this woman is inappropriate.

This is clearly your disorder at work.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I really can't believe you don't understand how your insistence on contacting this woman is inappropriate.

This is clearly your disorder at work.

I don’t understand how it’s inappropriate. She comments on my posts. Others have said I could still invite her.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
She comments on my posts.
Right, and that is HER choice.

She also modified her online activity once you began pressing for a reunion. Now you are escalating the situation, talking about digging up a phone number from 30 years ago and rustling up what may be decades-old conflicts by forcing her to help you satisfy your OCD-driven desire to complete this side of your family tree.

Does that make the inappropriateness any clearer?

This has gone way beyond, "Can you take a hint?"

Old 10-17-2018, 05:40 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
I don’t understand how it’s inappropriate. She comments on my posts. Others have said I could still invite her.
Commented. Didn't you just say upthread that she went no contact in May? You haven't heard from her in 5 months. That's a pretty big sign that contacting her more is not what she wants.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Right, and that is HER choice.

She also modified her online activity once you began pressing for a reunion. Now you are escalating the situation, talking about digging up a phone number from 30 years ago and rustling up what may be decades-old conflicts by forcing her to help you satisfy your OCD-driven desire to complete this side of your family tree.

Does that make the inappropriateness any clearer?

This has gone way beyond, "Can you take a hint?"

She isn’t part of the reunion cus she’s on another side. My mom has to call her uncle because she lost her number. Her uncle has nothing to do with us. That’s her other family. He’s not in my bloodline.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
She isn’t part of the reunion cus she’s on another side. My mom has to call her uncle because she lost her number. Her uncle has nothing to do with us. That’s her other family. He’s not in my bloodline.

Those details are beside the point.

Are you still not able to see what is inappropriate about your approach to this situation?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Those details are beside the point.

Are you still not able to see what is inappropriate about your approach to this situation?

I know that it’s not good to be obsessed but I own what I am. I sent 2 messages unread. What’s the harm?

Others have said I can still send an invite?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I know that it’s not good to be obsessed but I own what I am. I sent 2 messages unread. What’s the harm?

Others have said I can still send an invite?
I'm done. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships