Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:56 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Alright... So I want some of your opinion's on this...

Each week I've been meeting with a mentor from my Church.. And he gives me tips on how to better my relationships. He knows that my cousin didn't read or respond to my messages. What he wants me to do is send her another message, but make it into a heartfelt letter and explain to her how I feel. And he wants me to write that I forgive her no matter what. Do you think this is a good idea if I'm sincere? Or does it come across as too much?
Absolutely not.

He might have a different take if he had read the more than 10 threads you've started here in the last couple of weeks and some of the things you have said.

I know how this Christian forgiveness thing works but for you to tell her that you forgive her would be not only highly manipulative, but frankly, unbelievably ARROGANT.

Let's face it, you don't forgive her!

Nor is it your place to "forgive her" for – your hurt feelings!

Turn to another place in the bible: "Physician, heal thyself." Don't be literal. That isn't calling you a doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 10:26 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
You should seek help from a mental health professional such as a psychiatrist.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:35 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Wow. Just wow.

Mind boggling.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:01 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Wow. Just wow.

Mind boggling.
This nonsense has been going on since MARCH?

Does anyone think that the OP’s difficulty in making friends is directly related to his obsession with family members? I think he believes that family can be forced to accept him. After all, “family”.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:02 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,243,800 times
Oh, for the love of all that is sweet and crunchy. Just let it go.

People have a right not to respond to communications.

This constant harassment of relatives who probably just want to be left in peace will not end well.

Just. Let. It. Go.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:03 PM

749 posts, read 481,894 times
I know that I'm not a bad person. Many have made me out to be. I only messaged her one time and she responded and then I re responded. Then recently asked her about getting together with the new family. That is IT. I have talked about her on here just for getting advice and seeing what answer is the best for me. But I don't like how people have claimed I have harassed her. I just don't read her ver well because she says one thing then does another. She shouldn't be posting sentimental comments on my sentimental posts about the past if she does not mean it. That is disingenuous. Now, right now I'm in an uphill battle. I have posted about the new family on FB and have gotten no reactions from her. But I know that she saw my ''story'' because you can see who views your story. This is not someone I have only met one time folks. This is someone we spent every holidays together with. For over 50 years. Please stop trying to make me out to be some creep.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:08 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
There is a saying: "You are your own worst enemy." This pretty much sums up the OP from the multiple threads and posts I have seen.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
I know that I'm not a bad person. Many have made me out to be.

Please stop trying to make me out to be some creep.
Wanting to be in close contact with your family is not the problem!!!!!

Your incessant and circular posts here are troubling because you are posting an abnormal number of times about the same subject. You are clearly exhibiting extreme OCD symptoms here on this forum, and I am going to challenge the other posters here to STOP REPLYING to your posts.

You've already started MULTIPLE THREADS ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC.

YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL AND YOU NEED TO BACK OFF FROM POSTING ABOUT THIS.

We aren't saying you are a bad person. But you are obviously at the mercy of your disorder, and our continued replies to you are making it worse.

I am not going to feed into your obsession any more. YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:53 AM

749 posts, read 481,894 times
Well... I was scrolling through her timeline just to see if I can sense anything that's going on and I stumbled across my father and her interacting on FB about a year ago. She said that she would like try to see if we could reconnect, said we could play cards. And wrote a 2nd comment that it's been too long, we need to see each other... And my dad responded back and wrote tell me when and where and we'll be there. But then the conversation ended. That is what he is talking about when he said that she never responded.

Last edited by Einhander; 10-30-2018 at 03:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships