Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 08:03 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
It's good to have both friends and family in your corner if you can. Giving up one for the other, or neglecting them in favour of a romantic partner, isn't so clever.
Unfortunately for you, that hasn't even been brought up here, so you can go back to Relationships to tell people how bad love is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 08:04 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Okay I’ll make an exception for you. Too bad your cousins are bad spirited.

Not sure why family is bad with people here. Friends are families to others too...
It's not that family is bad. What's bad is your suggestion that family is always good and friends are always overrated. That simply is not always the case.

I'm not an exception. MANY people have friendships like mine.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:05 PM

749 posts, read 481,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's not that family is bad. What's bad is your suggestion that family is always good and friends are always overrated. That simply is not always the case.

I'm not an exception. MANY people have friendships like mine.

But I’m just saying how I think it should be in general.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:

You don't get to decide that.

When you are in a relationship, you are only a part of the equation. You have to consider the other person's feelings, or it won't work.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Like this, from your other thread:

Get it???

You claim you want a "real, emotional relationship," but I don't think you really know what that means. And this behavior:

... proves that.

You are gonna do what you wanna do, regardless of their feelings, which are shown in the "same pattern repeating."

The worst part about this is that you also appear to be getting some kind of thrill from repeatedly posting here, too, which makes me less inclined to try to help you.
Well I want her to complete the set because I care about her. Without completing this set, that’s another hole in my heart.

I don’t know her feelings but she has made it ambiguous.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Well I want her to complete the set because I care about her. Without completing this set, that’s another hole in my heart.

I don’t know her feelings but she has made it ambiguous.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Well it's not, and I'm thankful it's not. I get to choose the people I'm close to because we have things in common beyond the chance of genetics.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Well it's not, and I'm thankful it's not. I get to choose the people I'm close to because we have things in common beyond the chance of genetics.

I just don’t understand why you can’t have things in common with people you share blood with. If anything you should have more in common since things run in families. Look at how much the families in Godfather loved each other.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I just don’t understand why you can’t have things in common with people you share blood with. If anything you should have more in common since things run in families. Look at how much the families in Godfather loved each other.
You CAN ... but it's not always possible. Distance, age differences, different lifestyles, etc. There are many reasons why you may not have anything in common with people.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
You CAN ... but it's not always possible. Distance, age differences, different lifestyles, etc. There are many reasons why you may not have anything in common with people.

But what about being more flexible? You can always learn from others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships