Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 03:50 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
don’t be close minded. You never know if they have something in common with you. I feel like you just chose to think that.
I see you've chosen to ignore the physically distant part. These cousins live NO WHERE CLOSE TO ME.

And yes, I do know they do not share my interests. I see what they post and support on Facebook. It's nothing close to what I do and support.

And as stated before, we have no shared experiences, no shared history, etc.

So let it go. A forced relationship between me and my cousins is NOT going to happen. Sorry to disappoint you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 03:52 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
OK folks. Here's an example why C-D desperately needs that beating-a-dead-horse emoji. You are talking to a brick wall.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:57 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
OK folks. Here's an example why C-D desperately needs that beating-a-dead-horse emoji. You are talking to a brick wall.
Yep. It's definitely circular "logic."

Old 10-20-2018, 03:58 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I hope he has plans to call a therapist first thing Monday morning about these compulsive behaviors and thought patterns.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 10-20-2018 at 04:26 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 04:11 PM

749 posts, read 481,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I hope he has plans to call a therapist first thing Monday morning about this compulsive behavior.

But at least I have good reason and my compulsion comes from
Love. The world needs more love.

Look at all the people here putting down relatives and saying I’m the crazy one.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:12 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
To fast-track things next week, your therapist will tell you this ^^^ is called rationalization.

We aren't calling you crazy. We're concerned that you have an undiagnosed neurological disorder that is causing difficulty in your life.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:17 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
To fast-track things next week, your therapist will tell you this ^^^ is called rationalization.

We aren't calling you crazy. We're concerned that you have an undiagnosed neurological disorder that is causing difficulty in your life.
And it may ultimately drive away the people that you are hoping to connect with and be close to.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:58 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,043 times
Quote:

Look at all the people here putting down relatives and saying I’m the crazy one.
Neither of those things have happened here.

The fact that you misinterpret this is a big part of your problems in your personal relationships, not just here.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:03 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
For some reason, the older I get, the less interested I am in meeting new people unless they're very connected to my family. Like an old family friend that has lots of stories of my grandparents, etc..

I see so many people that talk about friends. What's the deal with friends? They aren't blood. Unless they have a deep connection to the family.

I don't know... Nothing wrong with having friends. I'm not weird like that. I just think friends are overrated unless they are your best friends. So many cousins you can find. To me it's weird to just not care about your blood, but to go out and buddy up with random people.

Blood is thicker than water they say.
DH and I don't really have much family (no kids or grandkids, parents dead), so we have to depend on relationships we have with friends. We have a sibling apiece, but don't have a lot of communication with them.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:20 PM

749 posts, read 481,031 times
Well this is a big problem in 2018. I can see here that people don’t have the same values as I do. Funny cuz I was never a family man and one day I woke up. And I think I should be proud of myself for the love I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships