Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 06:46 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times

Advertisements

I suggest investing $300 or $400 in about eight security cameras like the kits they sell at Costco and Walmart. Make sure every inch of your property is covered. A month is plenty of time for them to cause some serious mischief. Beyond that, I second the suggestions to keep the police in the loop on criminal activity. The management office can't dodge responsibility if they own the lot. Go ahead and file a lawsuit against the company in small claims court to recover your deductible. Encourage the neighbors to do the same.

Good luck and here's hoping you end up in a nice house with better neighbors (hint: check them out as thoroughly as you can before closing)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 06:56 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,832,812 times
There's a reason I like lots of distance between myself and neighbors. Sometimes that doesn't even do the trick.

I did have a noisy neighbor that kept me up in a situation very like yours (saving for a house) and he was the young buff sportscaster on the local TV station and a party animal. I asked him multiple times to keep it down after midnight as I had to be up early but no luck. So I took to vacuuming (I had an old loud high pitched squealing machine) at 5am on the mornings after his parties. It took about a month to retrain him. He never said a word. About midnight, things quieted down for the duration of my living there. I was ready for the early thirty bagpipe music if the vacuum didn't work.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:56 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
OP, you should have offered a reward for "Information leading to the prosecution" of the hit and run driver. Then watched your neighbors eat their own.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:36 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,374,083 times
Default AGAIN, where's management??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Some have pretty strict rules. The ones in CT, anyway.
I grew up in trailer parks from Ottawa to Kansas, Oklahoma to the northern bush in Alberta, than on to California. There is always a manager, usually on site.

Rosealee, our neighbor in Cal, now OWNS four parks in Indiana. You'd love Rose. She'd be on this in a moment. RV parks have management, even in Reno or El Monte.

fyi; parks are HILARIOUS places for kids/dogs to grow up in; now they're often segregated for retired, etc. but if you watch Canada's TRAILER PARK BOYS, yeh, that's pretty much it without a lot of the illegal stuff. Well, maybe moonshine.

You want management TODAY for very good reasons: one crackhead mean more move in. but picking a fight with idiots never ends well.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:14 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
It appears that Park management doesn’t want to get involved which is contributing to the downfall of the entire park. The private owners info for that trailer may be confidential to you but management knows the name and could contact him with a report of all the complaints from other residents, so why aren’t they doing that. Also by now management should have already been contacting the owner with possible fines for his tenants causing so many disturbances.
At this point continue with your plans to purchase and close on a home. No need to bother moving for just a few months as it’ll only eat up money you need to use for the home you will own. You’ve handled yourself and this situation well. Just keep focused on the tasks at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships