Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 08:13 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,455,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Maybe you need a better shower head, one that will wash away the hair as the person showers. I've never had "chunks of public hair" in my own bathtub, nor does it ever happen in the rentals I help my dad manage.

Otherwise, you can instruct your guests to clean the bathroom before they leave. Just know that not everyone is going to want to do chores when a guest in someone's house.
We have a Moen two head shower in that bathroom so it's not that. I think it's just that this last guest was quite hirsute and may have been doing some manscaping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 08:14 AM

603 posts, read 445,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Uh huh.

I'm so flattered that you are following what I post! If you are you might have read a post that said we do have a cleaning service on our primary home and that certain relatives took exception to this. We also have a cleaning service for our Airbnb but because these are relatives and not paying guests there was no reason to expect it needed to be engaged.

Really people need to stay in hotels.

I haven't read your other posts so much of this ^ makes no sense to me.

Instruct your relatives that they are no longer welcome to your other properties in the future.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
And then the hair is all over your washing machine and in the other towels you wash with that load. To me that's worse than having to rinse out the tub with water.
A paper towel would work. Or toilet paper. Or an extra long rinse off the tub. Anything. It's gross.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:16 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
We also have a cleaning service for our Airbnb but because these are relatives and not paying guests there was no reason to expect it needed to be engaged.
You didnt think you would have to clean your airbnb between guests? That's gross for whoever was staying there next.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:16 AM

I really can't believe people are defending someone's right to leave their body hair all over a shower! This has got to be a new low for C-D.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:17 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
So it's okay with you to walk in and see chunks if pubic and body hair all over your bath tub after they leave? I can't believe anyone would think that was a polite way to turn over a guest facility. A hotel? Sure. But a relatives home? Uh no.
Customers OR guests, I would never expect them to clean out a bathtub or shower.

When we are renters or visitors, we strip the beds, collect the dirty towels to the laundry, take out the trash, wipe the kitchen counters down, do or help with the dishes and I might sweep if we dirty the floor, but NEVER would I clean the bathtub or shower.
That's something a guest just isn't expected to do.

With Airbnb, people pay the renters the cleaning service fee, so it's up to YOU or your maid to clean the unit up to your standards.

With guests, they are visiting, they aren't there to clean hairs in the shower.

Whether you think it's gross or not, it seems that you are VERY outnumbered in the way you feel about this issue. By the answers, it appears that you just need to suck it up and accept that cleaning a shower/tub is something you'll have to do EACH AND EVERY time the unit is used by ANYONE.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
You didnt think you would have to clean your airbnb between guests? That's gross for whoever was staying there next.
We have a cleaning service for that. These are relatives. Not paying guests. In fact we lose money when they stay because the property is off the market. I'm not hiring a maid for them too. They should know better.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:18 AM

6,559 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
And that's a great way to get your guests to stop coming, which I'm sure the OP would like.
Two birds...

Old 10-29-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Customers or guests, I would never expect them to clean out a bathtub or shower. We strip the beds, collect the dirty towels to the laundry, take out the trash, wipe the kitchen counters down, do or help with the dishes, but NEVER would I clean the bathtub or shower.

With Airbnb, people pay the renters the cleaning service fee, so it's up to YOU or your maid to clean the unit.

With guests, they are visiting, they aren't there to clean hairs in the shower.
They were staying for free in one of the properties we own because we can't deal with more visitors. We do have a cleaning service for the Airbnb.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:24 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
We have a cleaning service for that. These are relatives. Not paying guests. In fact we lose money when they stay because the property is off the market. I'm not hiring a maid for them too. They should know better.
These relatives are still a guest in your home though. And no, it is not their responsibility to clean and prepare the place for the next guest. If that is what you want them to do, then you need to make that clear before they make arrangements to come visit. That way they can chose to stay in a hotel instead of being required to do your house guests.

Even though your relatives are not paying, the next guest who is paying deserves to have the same level of cleanliness as any other paying guest. Either hirer the maid service to clean after everyone staying in the house, or do it yourself. Either way it needs to be cleaned, and don't count on your guests to be the one to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships