Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:08 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I really can't believe people are defending someone's right to leave their body hair all over a shower! This has got to be a new low for C-D.
It's not that.

It may be that this is the umpteenth rendition of "I don't even want these people here so I'm going to complain about [this thing they did]." We're kind of tired of you not addressing the real issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 09:10 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,455,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Well if you put them up in your house, either hire your maid to clean up after themselves or charge them a bit of money to cover the maid costs (OR do it yourself)

You can't possibly expect a GUEST to clean the house top to bottom in readiness for a AirBnB client! It just ain't going to happen and shouldn't be expected.

If you do trust that your guests will leave it clean, expect either complaints from your paying clients or expect crappy comments and low ratings at the bottom of your listing about how dirty the unit was.
Again we went to clean up after our family members because we did not expect to have to engage a professional maid service to make sure they left it in decent condition. There were other isses besides the hair but I guess everyone just allows sloppy guests to stay with them. I am sorry but I have different standards and would not put out any hosts this way. We were always raised with "campground rules" leave it better than you found it.

I think many people don't realize that they are shedding in this way. Perhaps it causes some embarrassing self reflection to think what they might have inadvertently left behind. I'm glad to have brought this up because it seems to be a blind spot. But I'm done here. I think guest etiquette really needs to be more of a focus for those who impose their presence for weeks at a time. Its surely lacking by the responses seen here.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:11 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
Quote:
As I posted we have had a lot of guests of late. One left a few days ago and was staying at a house we rent out as an Airbnb so we went there to clean and do some work over the weekend.

The bathroom this person used was clean except for the shower. Lots of curly hairs all over the tub. SO GROSS. We have run into this with a few of the Airbnb customers we have too. I wonder if its something people aren't aware of-- we have a thing in the drain to catch hair, but for some (men in particular) there seems to be a smattering of body hairs that lingers when they use a bath. These hairs don't go down the drain. They stick even with rinsing at times, so you really need to get a towel and give the tub/shower a quick wipe.

I am admittedly just sick of so many guests but this added insult to injury. Its my PSA to make others aware of this issue and proactively remedy for your exhausted hosts. Wipe down the shower. Thank you.

If you're renting out your house, then it comes with the territory. Heck, even if you have simple guests staying with you.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:11 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It's not that.

It may be that this is the umpteenth rendition of "I don't even want these people here so I'm going to complain about [this thing they did]." We're kind of tired of you not addressing the real issue.
I think you may be on to something here.

OP, you need to re-direct your houseguests to a hotel and stop allowing them to use you for free accommodations, especially given how stressful this situation clearly is for you.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:14 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Again we went to clean up after our family members because we did not expect to have to engage a professional maid service to make sure they left it in decent condition. There were other isses besides the hair but I guess everyone just allows sloppy guests to stay with them. I am sorry but I have different standards and would not put out any hosts this way. We were always raised with "campground rules" leave it better than you found it.

I think many people don't realize that they are shedding in this way. Perhaps it causes some embarrassing self reflection to think what they might have inadvertently left behind. I'm glad to have brought this up because it seems to be a blind spot. But I'm done here. I think guest etiquette really needs to be more of a focus for those who impose their presence for weeks at a time. Its surely lacking by the responses seen here.
Now we're getting to the 'insulting anyone who disagrees with me' portion of the thread. That happened quicker than usual.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:15 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
We have a Moen two head shower in that bathroom so it's not that. I think it's just that this last guest was quite hirsute and may have been doing some manscaping.
TMI!!
lol

Old 10-29-2018, 09:21 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I think short haired people just don't think that they leave anything behind from other areas of their body.

I understand it is gross for the person cleaning, but ... it just is what it is...I mean.. whatcha gonna do???

Old 10-29-2018, 09:21 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
I really can't believe people are defending someone's right to leave their body hair all over a shower! This has got to be a new low for C-D.
Now I'm ROFL! OP, you posted elsewhere, that your husband's relatives (the entire herd) took issue with the fact that you didn't do your own cleaning, in the house. It's probably safe to assume, that the men are used to trailing their "detritus" around the bathroom, fully expecting their wives will scurry after them with mops, and that the wives are amenable to this. What you're encountering in your guest bathrooms are the evidence of the attitude, that wives are for mopping up after their husbands.

Sorry. I'm glad that at least your husband is on the same page with you. You could ask him to talk to his relatives about it, but I'm afraid the response would be outrage. But you probably know that.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:23 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Now we're getting to the 'insulting anyone who disagrees with me' portion of the thread. That happened quicker than usual.
Yep. No surprise at all.

"I'm glad I was raised with manners..." ***gag*** I can't believe she didn't get in one more mention of THE BABY.

The hypocrisy of accusing people of being ignorant of etiquette while insulting them is a not-so-new low for CD.

Next thread will be, "How can I gently suggest to my father-in-law that he should wax his body hair?"

Old 10-29-2018, 09:27 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:

You know what? I feel for you, truly, that your inlaws and family see fit to put you out, and tromp all over you. Seriously.

But don't take it out on us.

And if you have guests staying for weeks at a time, then use the maid service. It makes no sense that you're NOT, unless you like having a persecution complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships