Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 05:27 AM

7,589 posts, read 4,161,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well you made me literally LOL. If you read my previous comment, I got out of the way of a few thousand Koreans that I believed deliberately jumped in my path to force me to change directions....then I finally got mad enough to just say okay, you crazy and I crazy....let's rock. I figured it would have taken 3-4 in shape to take me down but on hindsight and the benefit of time, I probably should have just avoided.
Yes. I would have jumped out of your path because I am only 5'4. I get out of the way for two reasons. I don't want to interact with clueless or crazy people. I also want to make sure nothing intentional happens to me.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:22 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
Few things to clarify:

- I was not a "mall walker" (those who do their laps around the mall for exercise) but a mall shopper with a clear direction based on the briskness of my walk. You would know not to walk in my path, is what I am mean.
- I did not tell her to "get out of the way"- my tone was sharp, and meant to convey that, but I actually said "You see me walking this way!!!" outloud to her twice
- Her unpleasant grumpy expression was as she walked TOWARDS me deliberately in my path, it was not my imagination- therefore because of that expression, I decided to speak up. If she had a neutral or clueless look, I would've let it slide, but her expression signaled to me "I'm walking in YOUR way and YOU BETTER Move"!

- I do bring up the race because it seemed very deliberate how she barreled her way into my path. I do NOT imagine she would have done that to (for instance):
- another white older lady or man
- a scary tough looking big guy
(She would've moved to the side or give more space to pass)

Someone brought up "Asians respecting elders"
Not necessarily if they are rude and entitled!
"You would know not to walk in my path ...".
As I have not been in a mall in years I was not aware that one has to file a flight plan to reserve walking lanes.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:24 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Recently there have been Asian realtors in my area with their realtor signs defaced (vandalized with racist comments)
There have been acts of racism directed towards Asians captured on video various incidences on local transit and in other public places.
And where might that be?

Old 11-17-2018, 06:45 AM

75 posts, read 62,780 times
OP. Sounds to me like you handled it well. Do not let those white women with their white privilege take advantage of you.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:00 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
You sound like a nasty, unhappy person. It’s no wonder you cause people to react the way they do.
Why not try an experiment, in which you act kindly towards others? You reap what you sow.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:04 AM

245 posts, read 152,847 times
Quote:
Was walking in the mall yesterday, I walk briskly and purposefully and this crazy older lady walks right in my way on purpose- towards the store she was heading to.
For her age, she was walking very briskly and as she past me she had the most unpleasant grouchy expression!

I turned to her and snapped "You see me walking this way!!! You see me walking this way!!!" (Meaning she should move out of my way) She ignores but it was deliberate she was barging her way thru.

Another time, as I was standing in line at a fast food outlet, another older lady deliberately nudges me so that I move. I told her "You can say excuse me, plus you have enough room to move around!"

Neither of them likely expected that they will get told off...

Recently there is racial tension in my city. I wonder how much of it is related to that? (I'm Asian and they have been white)
Probably none. Most Whites don't have anything against Asians. It sounds like you have a major chip on your shoulder for some reason. Also, there are rude people everywhere. Being rude back to them gets you nowhere.

If a stranger in public is rude to you, so what? You'll probably never see that person again in your life.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:07 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Maybe you could have a couple heralds precede you in order to announce your arrival and clear a path before you.
Did you see "The Princess Bride?" Have Andre the Giant shout out, everybody move

Old 11-17-2018, 07:12 AM

587 posts, read 423,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
And where might that be?
Won't specify the state, but in my particular suburb, it is mainly white and Asian (not many Latino or Blacks)

Old 11-17-2018, 07:21 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
I was surprised by how fast and nimble she was, prob in her late 60s

Of course I would never bump into her, it was more how deliberately rude she was barging her way
Or you were deliberately rude. You realize everyone on this thread is telling you this? So we are all wrong?

Your comments are completely racist. Take a look at yourself and your actions.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:25 AM

587 posts, read 423,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well you made me literally LOL. If you read my previous comment, I got out of the way of a few thousand Koreans that I believed deliberately jumped in my path to force me to change directions....then I finally got mad enough to just say okay, you crazy and I crazy....let's rock. I figured it would have taken 3-4 in shape to take me down but on hindsight and the benefit of time, I probably should have just avoided.
They tried to make you feel like an outsider, in their own way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships