Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 10:00 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
In those situations, I’ve always paid for my ticket and food/drink. I’ve never presumed the person asking if I want to go someplace is offering to pay my way.

You should not presume he’ll pay your way or ask him to do so - he did disclose the ticket price up front so that’s a clear sign he expects you to pay your way.

I’ll go if I have an interest in the event and/or spending time with that person and if I can afford it. You should consider following those same guidelines.

Editing to add: Do NOT invite anyone else to go along.
This, exactly. OP, why would he buy you a game ticket and food on his birthday? That makes no sense.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:09 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
He said that tickets �� are about 50 bucks but there’s a free bobble head. I was wondering if I should ask him to pay for my food and drinks and ticket since he’s the one inviting me. Maybe I’ll pay for parking just to help him out. What do you think? Should I offer to pay for something? He did invite me so do you think it’s safe to assume he should pay for me? I think that the food is overpriced so should I sneak in my own food and eat before hand? Or is it okay if he pays?

Plus it’s his birthday, he’s the one who came up with this idea. Would it be too much if I also brought my cousin and asked him to cover?
Are you kidding?

If he told you the tickets are $50, I think he expects you to pay your own way. If he OFFERS to pay, fine. It would be really rude for you to ask him to pay, and beyond rude for you to ask him to pay for another person.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,201,883 times
Quote:
He said that tickets �� are about 50 bucks but there’s a free bobble head. I was wondering if I should ask him to pay for my food and drinks and ticket since he’s the one inviting me. Maybe I’ll pay for parking just to help him out. What do you think? Should I offer to pay for something? He did invite me so do you think it’s safe to assume he should pay for me? I think that the food is overpriced so should I sneak in my own food and eat before hand? Or is it okay if he pays?

Plus it’s his birthday, he’s the one who came up with this idea. Would it be too much if I also brought my cousin and asked him to cover?
This isn't a straight question: OP is obsessing and has crafted a "set-up" post for us based on his anger and irritation about people's opinion about fees for his family reunion and the freak-out flurry of comments he posted last night on the thread about the guy with the $50 fee to attend his birthday party.

Einhander, you're going to get yourself thrown out of here, if not just ending up with another locked thread.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:59 AM

1,225 posts, read 632,431 times
Quote:

Don't be "Freddie the Freeloader." If money is an issue for you, kindly decline the invite.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:04 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,076,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
This isn't a straight question: OP is obsessing and has crafted a "set-up" post for us based on his anger and irritation about people's opinion about fees for his family reunion and the freak-out flurry of comments he posted last night on the thread about the guy with the $50 fee to attend his birthday party.

Einhander, you're going to get yourself thrown out of here, if not just ending up with another locked thread.

Good catch... I hadn't been following those other threads.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:06 AM

24,470 posts, read 10,793,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Good catch... I hadn't been following those other threads.
Pull up some Einhander games:>)

Old 11-19-2018, 11:50 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
Thread closed pending moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships