Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 01:49 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
The great thing is that we DO have choices. Some like them and some don't.

I've had people tell me they wanted a "human" to help them. Well, I AM human and I'm always happy to help. Also, when working self checkout, I actually had more time to interact with customers because I wasn't caught up in paying attention to what *I* was doing....scanning, checking prices, bagging items, etc..

Nobody in my store lost a job because of the additional self checkouts installed. Now there are three attendants instead of one and they are hiring every day. I trained a dozen new ones when they added so many to our store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I would starve to death before I went to Walmart on Black Friday. I'd eat crumbs from the bottom of the cereal box and make soup from the limp remnants of vegetables in the refrigerator. I'd lick the butter wrapper for flavor.
I don't think that's a good analogy. There was nothing better IMO than that last bowl of Cap'n Crunch, topped with all the crunchy crumbs from the bottom!

Throwing out the crumbs in the cereal box is like throwing out the box from crumb donuts, with all the crumbs that fell off still in there. That's the best part!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 04:06 PM

574 posts, read 382,241 times
If you must ask, very possibly so. Not the worst thing in the world, but its petty over something minut

Old 12-08-2018, 10:37 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I use self-checkout, but I prefer the self-checkout lines that have the full-size belt. I feel like I don't have any room at the other ones, and am trying to put bags of groceries in my cart while there's still items I haven't paid for still in there. My preference in order is 1. Self-checkout with full size belt, 2. Manned cash register, 3. Regular self-checkout.

I don't use the regular self-checkout if I have a full cart unless told it's okay, but I feel like the one with a full size belt is designed for those with more than a few things.

You are right. They added the belt scanners just for those large orders. I like them and use them regularly. I was also glad that they added the hand scanners so people didn't have to lift those heavy items anymore to scan them.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:19 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
You are right. They added the belt scanners just for those large orders. I like them and use them regularly. I was also glad that they added the hand scanners so people didn't have to lift those heavy items anymore to scan them.
I like the hand scanners too, they’re fun lol

Old 12-09-2018, 08:34 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I like the hand scanners too, they’re fun lol

They are fast too. One cashier I knew raised their SPH a lot by hand scanning every item.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:53 PM

561 posts, read 323,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Lazy or too good for it??? I find that an odd way to look at it.

It's pretty annoying and rude when people with full carts use the self-checkout while there are a bunch of people with small baskets waiting, as most everybody is slower than the professional checkers, plus something often goes wrong with one of the items and you have to get the helper over, which slows down the line further.

I personally don't like self checkout much at any store as I don't enjoy searching for all those bar codes and searching for the produce codes in the system (and I am slower than the checker at it!), but I use it when I have just a few items that make it more convenient than waiting in line.
Interesting. I can scan a full cart of groceries in less time than I've seen some people figure out how to scan a bag of apples. I personally don't care how many items you have, I only care if you act like you are terrified and confused by the whole process and spend a ridiculous amount of time searching for bar codes and produce codes. If that's the case please stick to the manned checkout lines and leave the self check outs to those of us that know what we're doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships