Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 11:58 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Thanks.

The Coat Inquisitor is still at it!

I've said the following in response:

"You really enjoy that question", and smiled.

"Always such an interesting question, I don't really have anything new to add."

He doesn't get it! SHUT UP, dude!
lol! This makes me laugh. I love the name you gave him: "The Coat Inquisitor". haha, it's quite the Inquisition, isn't it? He just doesn't let up. lol

C.I.: "No coat, today?"

Our Hero: "I value consistency. At least people will never accuse me of being inconsistent."

I think we should get jiggy with it. Members? Any bright, entertaining, perhaps even droll ideas for the OP?

Oooh, oooh, I have one, OP!

C.I. "Still no coat?"

You: "To coat, or not to coat; that is the question."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 12:03 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
You could also bore him with all of the details of an honest answer.

My body chemistry is different than yours, I don't get cold easily. I only walk one minute from the car and I don't have time to get cold or feel a coat is necessary. I only wear a coat when I am outside in weather under X degrees for more than Y minutes.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:08 PM

1,279 posts, read 852,412 times
Thanks, everyone. I just don't want to be rude to him. I Googled him and we actually have a lot in common, so if he'd ever shut up about my clothes, we could probably be friends.

I've just never had another guy even notice what I wear (other than a "sharp suit!" comment or the like). It's so weird!

Old 12-23-2018, 12:14 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,648 times
Wear a coat one day.

See what happens.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Thanks, everyone. I just don't want to be rude to him. I Googled him and we actually have a lot in common, so if he'd ever shut up about my clothes, we could probably be friends.

I've just never had another guy even notice what I wear (other than a "sharp suit!" comment or the like). It's so weird!
Being humorous or wry isn't being rude. Just saying. You could show a little imagination, just for fun and giggles.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:54 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Wear a coat one day.

See what happens.
I vote for this ^^^.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:48 AM

So my gym was closed today because of New Year’s Day. This I went to another gym that was open (one at my school’s alumni center). I wore my coat there and placed on a table at the entrance, in front of the sign stating, “Athletic Center Check-In”, and took a picture of my coat in front of the sign.

Tomorrow when the Coat Inquisitor comes up to me, I’m going to excitedly show him the picture, saying, “My coat has something to show you! It went to the gym yesterday! And it took a picture since it wasn’t sure if you’d believe it!”

Hopefully that will end this.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:58 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,648 times
Quote:
So my gym was closed today because of New Year’s Day. This I went to another gym that was open (one at my school’s alumni center). I wore my coat there and placed on a table at the entrance, in front of the sign stating, “Athletic Center Check-In”, and took a picture of my coat in front of the sign.

Tomorrow when the Coat Inquisitor comes up to me, I’m going to excitedly show him the picture, saying, “My coat has something to show you! It went to the gym yesterday! And it took a picture since it wasn’t sure if you’d believe it!”

Hopefully that will end this.
It won't.

You're just perpetuating it.

And giving this way too much room in your head.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:06 PM

OK, thanks. I won’t then. I’d rather just ignore the Coat Inquisitor Bully anyway. When he asks about my coat tomorrow, I'll give him a visibly faked smile and say, "You're asking that again?"

Last edited by PuppiesandKittens; 01-01-2019 at 01:18 PM..

Old 01-01-2019, 03:42 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,821 times
Quote:
OK, thanks. I won’t then. I’d rather just ignore the Coat Inquisitor Bully anyway. When he asks about my coat tomorrow, I'll give him a visibly faked smile and say, "You're asking that again?"
I totally would have done the coat picture thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships