Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 02:19 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
With the house in your name, I would sever ties now. Tell him you want him out now. Even if he tells you his daughter won't come to live with him, would you believe him? I sure wouldn't.

Drop the price of the house and get it sold. You owe him nothing financially IMO.
Change d locks.

Just saw d posts-yea at d sale. All d best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 09:49 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
We've got a contract. He has a dresser and chair left in there and hasn't finished the sump pump YET.
He keeps telling me "this Sunday" for several weeks - well since November.
He's in an apartment. Poor guy. Having to pay rent. Welcome to my world. He could have had his house renovated or at least livable by now. He's had it since about June.
Still hard for my heart...

Old 03-12-2019, 10:27 PM

8,149 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
We've got a contract. He has a dresser and chair left in there and hasn't finished the sump pump YET.
He's in an apartment. Poor guy. Having to pay rent. Welcome to my world. He could have had his house renovated or at least livable by now. He's had it since about June.
Gotta harden your heart, swallow your tears......... (my divorce song by Quarterflash)

Old 03-13-2019, 07:53 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Stay the course.

Sell it. Renting means it's not a clean break.

I'm not sure why you're so against the daughter staying there, especially if her father will be there. Unless she trashes the place (Which he'll be around to clean up), then it's really no skin off your nose. And I don't get the desire to make him pay all the mortgage either. That sounds unnecessarily punitive.

The person you should be prodding is the realtor in this situation. If they are raving about the place, then tell them to get busy.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:47 AM

There's a lot of history with the daughter. None of her blood relatives want her under their roof either.
If they had stayed there it would have been equivalent to a rental situation. My house, My loan, my mortgage payment the ENTIRE time we lived there (3+ yrs). His part was to renovate which he never completed until I basically left him and promised him half of the "profit".
If they we're there I wouldn't have paid a cent for her housing (as I've done the times she lived with us in the past). When it was just him there "finishing the renovations" I covered half. Right now, with him whining about all his expenses I didn't even ask for his half of the March payment. I'll have control of "final disbursement" so I can get his share out before I hand over his half. I think that's the only reason he's halfway being nice. He thinks if he ticks me off I won't share.
I can't be like that even though some days his very presence in the world ticks me off.
He's facing heart surgery. I really want to be there for that. Not sure if he wants me there or not. He's tethered to his daughter (court orders) for a while now.
He also has his awesome carpenter son there working with him. I think they're kind of helping each other. He's staying in the not-yet-livable house with his 2 dogs.
My son lives in the area still. And my last remaining aunt. I'll be going back that way eventually.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:45 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Congrats on the contract! He needs to deal with the unfinished work...escrow won't last forever. Impress on him what breach of contract might mean (unfortunately for you). What are the terms relating to the sump pump?

Old 03-13-2019, 04:12 PM

Thanks! He just needs to have the pump finished. I disclosed some moisture seepage in the basement and that's our mitigation. Plus there's a gaping hole in the basement floor from his work. A previous radon test was high and he (finally) put plastic down in the crawl space. It's still not under 4 (almost). Having the pump finished and the hole capped may help. Realtor called and said buyers want to test for radon (we're not mitigating per contract). So they amended the contract. I signed it. Called to ask when he was finishing the pump. He blew a gasket - typical. Then called me back to apologize- typical. Girlzilla took off. He has to report her. I can only imagine what a blow that is to him. He also called the realtor and they talked. (Calmly!) Pump is scheduled to go in this week. *fingers crossed*

Old 03-17-2019, 01:13 PM

Sump pump install is complete. Works like a charm. Everything capped/plugged/finished.
*the crowd goes wild*

Old 03-17-2019, 01:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Sump pump install is complete. Works like a charm. Everything capped/plugged/finished.
*the crowd goes wild*
Praise the lord and pass the closing papers!

Old 03-17-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Praise the lord and pass the closing papers!
You made me laugh.
Inspection tomorrow. (3rd one)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships