Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 03:39 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Well she has contacted me. Seems either she was not clear, or she misspoke or even I am mistaken.

She claims to not have adopted any kids, fostered some kids but not since 2012.... But I did have a phone chat where she mentioned the "Kiddos" so am not 100% she's lying or being honest.

But we have agreed to meet (I mean if she's telling the truth, then I guess it can't hurt) so we'll see what happens...
I just saw this topic and was just reading through it thinking I bet she doesn't want this guy to see the kids because they don't exist.

Well, sure enough.

No, you could be right. She could have said she adopted children. But really didn't. Some people can say the strangest things only to say later...oh, no I never said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 05:32 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,941,543 times
wow.

this sounds just like my niece's husband's sister (yes, that is convoluted).

although i have only heard my niece's side of the story, she is grounded enough for me to trust her.
bottom line: her husband's sister has a history of marrying servicemen, having at least one child, and divorcing.
then it is on to the next one. she has done this twice that i know about. the children in this case provide her
with more "support" money than just a divorce without children. then she "makes" her mother care for the children.
as above:
go to the meeting.
prepare yourself for multiple lies.
do not argue. she does not care about your opinion.
listen, learn, and evaluate later. do not make a "deal" at Denny's.
and, above all, please have a happy, merry, and all that Christmas.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:09 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
No, you could be right. She could have said she adopted children. But really didn't. Some people can say the strangest things only to say later...oh, no I never said that.
Or since she was fostering these children, it's more likely that she said she might be adopting them, or was hoping to adopt them.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:24 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,754,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Sounds like your and her communication skills are clearly lacking. There is no reason to have so much mystery and ambiguity, especially with family.
Well, ponder on the fact that it had been 10 years. Since we spoke. Now she "Might" be telling the truth, maybe not. But what stopped her from contacting me? She does have my number (Hasn't changed in all that time) and I wasn't unwilling to talk to her.... She could have called and said "Hey, why haven't you called me?" or "Hey, thinking about you"..... (Yes I could have done the same, but being the "Injured" party, why would I want to speak with such a person?

Quote:
If she does or doesn't have kids, I would think, would be a thing someone would know about their sibling, so there is quite a bit to this story you have left out.
Not if she's not been in contact for several months or (In this case) years. I knew were she lived, never cared to meet with her. But that was due to the "Communication" we last had. In all honesty, I didn't care either way. Reflecting back....I didn't speak with her from 2005 till that phone call earlier this year. (Excluding the short call when I was in the hospital in 2010 with a CHF)

Quote:
Also, your surmising that she might think you'd go "all KKK" if you knew she had kids of color says something about your moral character and I hope that is untrue (only because it would be nice to have one less racist person in the country, but I understand that is just wishful thinking about a stranger).

I take it, you missed this part?>>> (I suspect she adopted children of color which I think is great as she sees the need of the child and not race but thinks or feels I'll go all KKK about it....sheesh..)<<<< But my younger sister can "Surmise" like I did (Incorrectly) and be wrong totally. As you seem to have done also.

Note: I work with hispanic, russian, asian, black, crazies (We're graveyard) so if I was such, I'd not even be employed there.

Quote:
Good luck.
Um....Thanks.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:31 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,754,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Or since she was fostering these children, it's more likely that she said she might be adopting them, or was hoping to adopt them.
Well, admittedly, the conversation was long ago.... I am fairly sure she said what she did.... But I am willing to say "I could be wrong"

Old 12-21-2018, 06:34 PM

6,783 posts, read 4,767,713 times
Honestly, your sister sounds strange, unless there's something about yourself that you haven't told us.

I would be wondering what she wanted after all this time. A kidney? Has she burned all her other Bridges? Maybe I'm just the suspicious type.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:30 PM

323 posts, read 217,284 times
I wouldn't bother meeting her. She already<bleep> up saying what she did. I'd never forget it and just not bother with her nastiness anymore.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-24-2018 at 04:48 AM..

Old 12-21-2018, 07:50 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,257,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallie225 View Post
I wouldn't bother meeting her. She already F-ed up saying what she did. I'd never forget it and just not bother with her nastiness anymore.
I'd be leaning a little in this direction. But DENNY'S??!
Oh HAIL no!

Old 12-21-2018, 07:56 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,620,113 times
I just think it's weird that you wouldn't be more direct, like, "Hey, What's up, sis? Haven't heard from you in ten years! and WHY Denny's?" - that alone would make me leary!

But I think you should go so you can report back to us.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:39 PM

17,379 posts, read 8,962,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Or she actually did adopt but is now saying she didn't because the OP confronted her about it (and she still doesn't want the OP to meet the kids but doesn't want to further upset the OP). I'm guessing there's a reason why the meeting is at a Denny's as opposed to her house.

OP, just curious and hopefully this question isn't too personal but are you homeless? I noticed that you list your location as "in a vehicle".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships