Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2018, 04:41 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post

The mail isn't being forwarded. It is addressed to the OP's current address.
OP said the mail follows them from their last address. I assumed he meant forwarded.... reason for linking USPS policies on length of time.

But, I'm sure OPs already aware mail isn't forwarded for more than a year and his son keeps track of his fathers address.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
OP said the mail follows them from their last address. I assumed he meant forwarded.... reason for linking USPS policies on length of time.

But, I'm sure OPs already aware mail isn't forwarded for more than a year and his son keeps track of his fathers address.
Because he said his son "has his address" I assume the mail is going to that address. If it was being forwarded from the old address, there would be no indication the son has their new address.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
We don't know how many pieces of mail are being received. I just can't imagine it being some overwhelming amount though.

Regardless, I don't see it as a big deal. And, whatever the situation is, I think alerting the authorities is wrong. This is his son.
The OP said it is "ALL" of his mail. That makes it sound significant to me.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:05 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,259 times
Quote:
We don't know how many pieces of mail are being received. I just can't imagine it being some overwhelming amount though.

Regardless, I don't see it as a big deal. And, whatever the situation is, I think alerting the authorities is wrong. This is his son.
He wrote the word "ALL" in all caps, which implies that it's quite a bit of mail. You don't see it as a big deal, but according to the OP his WIFE does think it's a big deal and that's all that matters - not how you feel about it.

Also, I never said that he should alert the authorities. In fact, I didn't tell him to do anything or give him any advice whatsoever. All I did was say how bizarre I think the whole thing is and I asked him a few questions - none of which were answered by the OP.

So anyway, to the OP - how about it? What aren't you telling us?

Old 12-28-2018, 05:07 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,148,339 times
Quote:
A few pieces of mail per week or month is harming his wife emotionally? That is a pretty big stretch. But if that's true, then she should probably seek counseling as that's not a normal reaction.
Quote:
Reread the OP. Someone who hates her, has been physically violent toward her, and who she believes is capable of murder knows where she lives. That is not a stretch.
A 15 year old kid got in what sounds like a minor scuffle with his stepmother - which she started by grabbing his wrist. He likely just pulled his arm away and she fell as a result.

But even if he did throw her to the ground and he's a horribly violent person, we are still just talking about some mail. Mail that he's not even picking up. Do you really believe that he's holding a 10+ year grudge over that incident and he might go there and murder her?

Please stop exaggerating, Kibbiekat. This is crazy. It is a huge stretch to say his mail is causing her emotional harm.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:24 PM

1,225 posts, read 632,431 times
You should have all tools at your disposal to find your son. Nobody knows why has is sending his mail to you. The easy answers are that your address is valid, and he can do as he pleases. If you can't find him, you can DM me, his name, age, and last known location. I'll try to find an address where you can forward his mail.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:36 PM

9,397 posts, read 11,143,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Yes, contact the DMV and the Board of Elections and let them know. Did he vote using your address? Since he doesn't live there, that's vote fraud.

Find out his address and send in a change of address form to the USPS.

Problem solved.
Pretty much.

Somehow you communicate? Or do you just put all his mail in the fireplace? Or you forward it? Or what?

Let him know he can do a change of address or you'll be heating your house with his junk.

And if your bidness is PI, you have more answers than you're letting on.

Your wife is correct, he IS capable of violence, she's gotten it first hand. And mix a propensity for violence with mental health issues of unspecified nature, maybe bipolar and substance abuse?, then yes he is a very dangerous person with little self-regulation.

You can find his address online in a number of ways.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:39 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,148,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
He was really terrible towards her, but really not violent. He threw her down only after she first grabbed his wrist because he was trying to run away again.
^^^^

Old 12-28-2018, 05:43 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,190,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Of course he can find his son and return mail to sender....its irrevalent to the issue.

Then my earlier advice was spot on then, he needs counseling .

Old 12-28-2018, 05:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Because he said his son "has his address" I
Obviously.

I don't understand his point in stating 'the mail follows him'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.