U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 10:46 PM

12,651 posts, read 7,564,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
A creep, how so and which line do you suppose I'm crossing?
I think telling your landlord when she needs to go to bed is one of many lines you are crossing.

She is not a child. It is not up to you to tell her when to go to bed.

I'm sure you'll respond with "But, but she does the same!"

Yeah, because you are constantly complaining to her about staying up late and having to go to bed early because of work. I doubt she is demanding you go to bed at a certain time, she's probably just saying it to be snarky. I would do the same if I lived with a roommate who tried to get me to go to bed at a certain time, but then was always up past that time. "I thought you need to be in bed early for work???"

Obviously this living arrangement is not working for you. Move out. You've been complaining about the same thing for almost 2 weeks on here... And probably for much, much longer in real life. It's a nightly airbnb room rental. It's not like you have a 12 month lease at this place, or even a month to month lease. YOU are choosing to stay here by booking the same room over and over again through airbnb. Either move, or stop complaing about the living arrangement that YOU are choosing to be a part of.

She is an adult woman, not a child. You are not going to change her. You are not going to be able to tell her what to do. You have to decide if you can live with her staying up late, talking on the phone, etc... It is none of your business what she does. Paying her a few bucks a night does not entitle you to control her.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:29 PM

359 posts, read 188,540 times
Let's say if by some miracle, one day she decides to go to bed at 11pm and keeps it up a few nights in a row, allowing me to relax and go to bed on time myself. What can I do to reward her for more considerate behavior besides calling her a good girl?

Old 02-01-2019, 11:31 PM

12,651 posts, read 7,564,060 times
Quote:
Let's say if by some miracle, one day she decides to go to bed at 11pm and keeps it up a few nights in a row. What can I do, if anything to reward her for better behavior? I'd want to do more than just call her a good girl. Maybe pamper her a little for her behavior.
Is your landlord a dog?! If not, you don't "reward her" for good behavior.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:04 AM

44,884 posts, read 36,203,761 times
Good lord, MOVE OUT. And get some professional counseling.

I think you've been told that over and over to no avail but I finally had to just add to the chorus myself.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:05 AM

1,548 posts, read 1,281,412 times
Quote:
A creep, how so and which line do you suppose I'm crossing?
Since you let me know I'm not on your ignore list (thanks for that), if I may: I think your crush on her is clouding how you see things. This is pretty common.

You see certain behaviors of hers as invitations, but once you move out and look back on it all, you'll see that you were reading too much into it. The one true signal she IS sending you is that she's spending a lot of time in her room, she is scurrying from the bathroom to the bedroom and slamming the door only when she's pretty sure you're not watching, she's telling you "none of your business" in not so many words when you ask about her phone calls. Listen to these signs.

As I said in a previous post, what happens if you push things too far and she gets the police involved or calls your job? You're a young-ish person trying to climb the career ladder - you can't afford that kind of set back. I would move out so you can A) get some clarity on the situation and B) avoid anything like that. Whatever pleasures you think await you in this house are not worth it if things go south with her.

Do you have a sibling or friend you could talk about this situation with? What you need is some clarity.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:25 AM

7,255 posts, read 6,591,773 times
Quote:
Let's say if by some miracle, one day she decides to go to bed at 11pm and keeps it up a few nights in a row, allowing me to relax and go to bed on time myself. What can I do to reward her for more considerate behavior besides calling her a good girl?

Moving out of her home of your own free will and forgetting about her would be a good reward for her and a smart move on your part. It beats you being forcibly evicted and having a restraining order filed against you and having a criminal record with the police because of your controlling and predatorial nonsense. That's a real career buster if ever there was one and it seems to be the direction you're headed in.

You are being so very smug and arrogant about the way you objectify and are condescending and contemptuous towards your landlady I can't help but think you are fully aware of your psychopathy and are nurturing it and enjoying being cruel. Certainly you are enjoying trolling the forum and talking about it online.

As has been mentioned over and over again by several people now you need to get psychiatric help, your behaviour is not normal, it's creepy, bizarre and dangerous. You need to get help soon before it's too late and the matter of your own autonomy and decision making is taken out of your own hands.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:28 AM

1,914 posts, read 962,322 times
I think we're being played. Nobody could be this dense.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:03 PM

22,571 posts, read 24,160,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Or we're getting a front row seat to the beginning of a Dateline episode.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:25 PM

16,797 posts, read 14,552,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
You are being so very smug and arrogant about the way you objectify and are condescending and contemptuous towards your landlady I can't help but think you are fully aware of your psychopathy and are nurturing it and enjoying being cruel. Certainly you are enjoying trolling the forum and talking about it online.

Perhaps it's a bot. It posts the same nonsense at the same time every day, check the thread. The early morning hours when it is complaining about not being allowed to sleep.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:58 PM

2,869 posts, read 6,409,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I don't think we are being played.

Her other threads in Work and Employment are similarly dense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or