U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 08:17 PM

1,914 posts, read 962,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I don't think we are being played.

Her other threads in Work and Employment are similarly dense.
OK, upon checking some of the other threads, I have to agree that somebody CAN be that dense....

Old 02-02-2019, 09:32 PM

359 posts, read 188,540 times
Just got back from work and grocery shopping. Heard her on the phone again while I was downstairs and her door was closed. Annoying after being away for 11 hours hoping to prepare dinner, relax and eat in peace. Luckily it didn't last toooooo long.

I'm in the kitchen eating a meal and she comes downstairs. First it's the usual plain Hello (in a low tone). So I ask how was her day, what did she do and this opened her up a bit. Shopping..OK.. She asks me what's my plan for my next day off: I say to relax. Predictably she asks for my help in moving something cumbersome to her master bedroom she plans to move into (it's one where she leaves her bathroom and bedroom doors open when showering and washing her feet). I say OK to helping her. Am I such a bad person? And no for once I'm not thinking of how this could benefit me.

After that she did something else that I knew she would do (she's so predictable). Today I bought a half gallon jug of milk knowing I still had 1/3 a jug left. Why? Because the current one is almost empty and I don't feel like going shopping twice. She looked into the fridge and noticed that. She asked me: why did I buy a new milk when you already have one? (just like a whiny mom would say to their teenager). So I explained the current one is almost finished, and besides it's my money, what do you care? Then she repeated how she thinks it's a waste to buy more when I already have some. I repeat I don't want to go shopping again soon and spend more time and gas just to get milk when this one runs out. She repeats her stance that it's a waste. Sometimes I think she starts a debate on purpose for the fun of it. She once told me she wanted to become an attorney but thinks she's too old for it. So nowadays she's taking part time online courses in poli science, psych, sociology, 1 per semesters...lol as if this will help her achieve her dreams. Ah did I tell you how she's on long term disability? No wonder she stays up all night and sleeps all day. This week she went to bed early once at 12:30am and so I asked her today, did she get better sleep if she goes to bed early? She said it doesn't matter what time she goes to bed, it's the length of time. Then she said if she sleeps at 3:00am and gets up at 11:00am , she feels good. Well no wonder she's talking on the phone until midnight and banging around, showering past 1:30am ... if she only gets up at 11:00am. Ridiculous.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I’ve read the whole thing, unfortunately, so I don’t need to report back. There are no hairs to split. She’s your landlord, not your roommate.

One thing that is obvious: You need professional therapy, preferably an inpatient setting.

By the way, she says we're roommates and friends and that's how she justifies refusing to clean my bathroom, room, changing the towels and sheets like a good airbnb host is supposed to do. Plus she says we're friends and so friends do each other favors right?

You folks say she's my landlord, not roommate. Plus that she's taking advantage of me.

Oh and you know what? I'm in the kitchen eating dinner now and I hear her clearing her throat, shooting snot out of her nose (you know where you press on one nostril and blow out the other?). Lovely..

Old 02-02-2019, 10:43 PM

12,647 posts, read 7,559,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
By the way, she says we're roommates and friends and that's how she justifies refusing to clean my bathroom, room, changing the towels and sheets like a good airbnb host is supposed to do.
They do all that after you leave. But you've been there for over a year. During your stay, it's on you to clean up after yourself.

If you want daily maid service, stay at a hotel.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
They do all that after you leave. But you've been there for over a year. During your stay, it's on you to clean up after yourself.

If you want daily maid service, stay at a hotel.

That has not been my experience living with other women. And no one said daily service was needed. Weekly cleaning from a woman who's at home on disability (mental, from what I gather) is reasonable and if even that's too much, monthly is fair.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:41 PM

15,028 posts, read 21,748,212 times
Good lord, stop complaining and move out.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:47 AM

696 posts, read 237,429 times
Quote:
Just got back from work and grocery shopping. Heard her on the phone again while I was downstairs and her door was closed. Annoying after being away for 11 hours hoping to prepare dinner, relax and eat in peace. Luckily it didn't last toooooo long.

I'm in the kitchen eating a meal and she comes downstairs. First it's the usual plain Hello (in a low tone). So I ask how was her day, what did she do and this opened her up a bit. Shopping..OK.. She asks me what's my plan for my next day off: I say to relax. Predictably she asks for my help in moving something cumbersome to her master bedroom she plans to move into (it's one where she leaves her bathroom and bedroom doors open when showering and washing her feet). I say OK to helping her. Am I such a bad person? And no for once I'm not thinking of how this could benefit me.

After that she did something else that I knew she would do (she's so predictable). Today I bought a half gallon jug of milk knowing I still had 1/3 a jug left. Why? Because the current one is almost empty and I don't feel like going shopping twice. She looked into the fridge and noticed that. She asked me: why did I buy a new milk when you already have one? (just like a whiny mom would say to their teenager). So I explained the current one is almost finished, and besides it's my money, what do you care? Then she repeated how she thinks it's a waste to buy more when I already have some. I repeat I don't want to go shopping again soon and spend more time and gas just to get milk when this one runs out. She repeats her stance that it's a waste. Sometimes I think she starts a debate on purpose for the fun of it. She once told me she wanted to become an attorney but thinks she's too old for it. So nowadays she's taking part time online courses in poli science, psych, sociology, 1 per semesters...lol as if this will help her achieve her dreams. Ah did I tell you how she's on long term disability? No wonder she stays up all night and sleeps all day. This week she went to bed early once at 12:30am and so I asked her today, did she get better sleep if she goes to bed early? She said it doesn't matter what time she goes to bed, it's the length of time. Then she said if she sleeps at 3:00am and gets up at 11:00am , she feels good. Well no wonder she's talking on the phone until midnight and banging around, showering past 1:30am ... if she only gets up at 11:00am. Ridiculous.
Why are you focusing on the mundane, is this the highlight of your day? What are your future plans? If you don't find a job, you'll have to move back in with your parents. Now to get to steppin'!

Old 02-03-2019, 07:58 AM

2,869 posts, read 6,408,999 times
This thread is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I think the OP is in love with this woman.

OP-I agree with the others. Get out before this gets worse.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:20 PM

I was relaxing in the living room last night minding my own business when my landlord/roommate/whatever you call her asked if I still planned to take a shower. I said yes and asked why? She then replied because she plans to go to bed early. I asked her what time is early? She said 1:00am. That's early for her on a Saturday night. But OK, I took a shower and sure enough, she prepared for bed such that after 1 it was quiet. Surprising..
Oh yeah and remember how last night I was eating dinner and she asked what I planned to do today- with me replying, relax? That's exactly what I did. I lay in bed until late morning, even past noon watching some videos and surfing the net.
Then suddenly the woman calls my name from the hallway: Sedona, what time will you get up today? Time to eat!

I responded I don't know I want to rest.
Twenty minutes later I hear her yell out: Lunch time !! Stop being so lazy!!

OK so I eventually got up and got dressed. If I want to be lazy on my day off , why does she care? Next I got dressed...noticed she was in the master bedroom. She asked if I wanted some small set of drawers (tiny plastic thing that's half the size of a night table), otherwise she'll use it. She emptied it out for me but it was still dirty. So I asked if she could clean it and then I'll take it. Nope, that's too much for her. Taking a damp cloth and wiping out her dirt is too much. Nice host huh? I have to do it or she'll take it back. This is a landlord/host who is so cheap that there isn't even a set of drawers for clothing in my room. I've been living out of a suitcase for close to a year! Sheesh

But...the positive thing about the interaction was she was wearing yoga pants I hadn't seen before, in fact they still had the tag on them, so new. As we all know, yoga pants can be great for accentuating a woman's figure. Combined with the shirt with a couple of buttons undone and her bending over for a few seconds, it made me wonder if moving out was really the right decision. I know it should, but I just feel like I'd be losing out on some potential connection that could maybe develop between us one day. But again, I know that's just a fantasy , not reality.
Update: bad news, she just changed out of the yoga pants and added a layer over the revealing top. Oh well, looks like I'll have to tell her I'm too busy to help her.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:10 PM

43,305 posts, read 41,880,675 times
Quote:

By the way, she says we're roommates and friends and that's how she justifies refusing to clean my bathroom, room, changing the towels and sheets like a good airbnb host is supposed to do. Plus she says we're friends and so friends do each other favors right?
You're so delusional you can't even make sense.

If you're roommates and friends, then she's not an AirBnB host, so those supposed rules don't apply.

Quote:
Oh and you know what? I'm in the kitchen eating dinner now and I hear her clearing her throat, shooting snot out of her nose (you know where you press on one nostril and blow out the other?). Lovely..
So? According to you, she's your roommate. She's not worried about being attractive to you so she's not trying to attract you.

You've gotten a couple of accidental peeks down her shirt, and you're now jumping off on some sick fantasy that will never come to fruition.

It's honestly disturbing that there are people like you walking around out there without warning signs on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or