Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 04:12 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Well, it took close to 50 posts to get to the actual issue. All of this other nonsense has just been a distraction.
No offence, but looks like it was bang for the buck

Old 01-21-2019, 04:39 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
The more to this story is that I like the sound of her voice- it's soothing when we speak face to face. Oh and when she asked me to do household chores, we would have close interaction, sometimes we'd brush our hands together and the way she dressed and acted around me made me feel happy. She had a tendency to wear revealing clothing and there's no way a woman would dress like that around her roommate if there wasn't trust. So there's more than just the host / guest business relationship and usual roommate dynamics. I also thought she trusted me since she keeps her bathroom door open when she showers, her bedroom door open too, almost tempting me to come visit her. But today when I was going upstairs, she slammed her bedroom door suddenly as I reached the top of the stairs, and I asked her why, don't you trust me? I thought you trusted me 90% like you told me before? Then she said, she's changing her clothes, it's private!
OK so I misunderstood her intentions when she was using me and getting close. I thought she was somewhat into me.

And just like what the other poster said... There it is.

P.S. I'm a female.... and I've had female roomies. If they're the type to wear "revealing" (whatever that means to you), it had absolutely nothing to do with trust. That's just what they liked wearing. Unless you mean like sheer items, and barely there negligee? Then... just wow... definitely not something I'd want to see, regardless of whether roomie trusted me or not. The fact you've tied "trust" into this is very strange.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:45 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
The more to this story is that I like the sound of her voice- it's soothing when we speak face to face. Oh and when she asked me to do household chores, we would have close interaction, sometimes we'd brush our hands together and the way she dressed and acted around me made me feel happy. She had a tendency to wear revealing clothing and there's no way a woman would dress like that around her roommate if there wasn't trust. So there's more than just the host / guest business relationship and usual roommate dynamics. I also thought she trusted me since she keeps her bathroom door open when she showers, her bedroom door open too, almost tempting me to come visit her. But today when I was going upstairs, she slammed her bedroom door suddenly as I reached the top of the stairs, and I asked her why, don't you trust me? I thought you trusted me 90% like you told me before? Then she said, she's changing her clothes, it's private!
OK so I misunderstood her intentions when she was using me and getting close. I thought she was somewhat into me.
It sounds like you're into her. Which would explain why you have been rebooking this airbnb for over a year and staying there despite all the issues you complained about in your first post.

Last edited by Sundaydrive00; 01-21-2019 at 05:23 PM..

Old 01-21-2019, 05:14 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It sounds like you're into her. Which would explain why you have been rebooking this airbnb for over a year and stsying there despite all the issues you complained about in your first post.
Bingo!

Old 01-21-2019, 05:48 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
The first time she did it, it was her fault.

The second she did it, it was your fault, namely because you passively allowed it to go unchecked the first time.

Stand up for yourself. Ultimately, you're the only one who will ever do it for you.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:54 PM

359 posts, read 302,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
And just like what the other poster said... There it is.

P.S. I'm a female.... and I've had female roomies. If they're the type to wear "revealing" (whatever that means to you), it had absolutely nothing to do with trust. That's just what they liked wearing. Unless you mean like sheer items, and barely there negligee? Then... just wow... definitely not something I'd want to see, regardless of whether roomie trusted me or not. The fact you've tied "trust" into this is very strange.

OK I'll explain further. Whenever she asked me for help, especially when it required getting close, like 2 pairs of hands to build some furniture that she didn't have the strength to lift (remember she had an incident with "the other woman" -- he ex husband's new wife and was thrown to the ground, breaking and damaging her wrist), she had this tendency to wear a sweatshirt that she would remove when she got hot. And underneath was a tank top or sometimes blouses with deep neck scoops and her chest was right in my face. I could easily see the top of her chest and her bra too. Frankly, combined with her foreign accent, it turned me on. So I would continue helping her and try to look her in the eyes or at her forehead but with chest in my face and being somewhat attracted to her, it was hard to resist.

I once asked her if she trusted me and she said so so..well.. 90%. So if she trusts me 90% and wore revealing tops like I described above, touched my hands so I could feel her warm and soft skin, by accident or on purpose, it should not be a big deal to see each other in her pajamas, right? In fact she gave me a new pair of PJs for Christmas and I had this idea of changing into them and asking her if she thought the garment fit properly, but on one condition. I was going to tell her I'm shy for her to see me in PJs, and tell her, "if I show you mine, you show me yours". That will be the next trust test. If she resists the idea, I'll just counter, but I thought you trusted me? Or: we're friends right, so what's the big deal?

So there you go, now you know why I've stayed so long. I should probably spend more time taking action to get out of there rather than continue to do things for her / be nice...maybe when I lose my job and I have to move out as I can then no longer afford the rent, I will. But hopefully I'll move sooner than that!

Old 01-21-2019, 05:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
OK I'll explain further. Whenever she asked me for help, especially when it required getting close, like 2 pairs of hands to build some furniture that she didn't have the strength to lift (remember she had an incident with "the other woman" -- he ex husband's new wife and was thrown to the ground, breaking and damaging her wrist), she had this tendency to wear a sweatshirt that she would remove when she got hot. And underneath was a tank top or sometimes blouses with deep neck scoops and her chest was right in my face. I could easily see the top of her chest and her bra too. Frankly, combined with her foreign accent, it turned me on. So I would continue helping her and try to look her in the eyes or at her forehead but with chest in my face and being somewhat attracted to her, it was hard to resist.

I once asked her if she trusted me and she said so so..well.. 90%. So if she trusts me 90% and wore revealing tops like I described above, touched my hands so I could feel her warm and soft skin, by accident or on purpose, it should not be a big deal to see each other in her pajamas, right? In fact she gave me a new pair of PJs for Christmas and I had this idea of changing into them and asking her if she thought the garment fit properly, but on one condition. I was going to tell her I'm shy for her to see me in PJs, and tell her, "if I show you mine, you show me yours". That will be the next trust test. If she resists the idea, I'll just counter, but I thought you trusted me? Or: we're friends right, so what's the big deal?

So there you go, now you know why I've stayed so long. I should probably spend more time taking action to get out of there rather than continue to do things for her / be nice...maybe when I lose my job and I have to move out as I can then no longer afford the rent, I will. But hopefully I'll move sooner than that!
Good grief, you need help.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:14 PM

359 posts, read 302,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Good grief, you need help.

OK. You smacking your head is not helping me.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
OK. You smacking your head is not helping me.
You misrepresented yourself here.

You portrayed yourself as a victim, when really it just sounds like you're just too afraid to be a lesbian.

Now what do you expect us to do? Have you ever had therapy before?

Old 01-21-2019, 06:26 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You misrepresented yourself here.

You portrayed yourself as a victim, when really it just sounds like you're just too afraid to be a lesbian.

Now what do you expect us to do? Have you ever had therapy before?
I assumed the OP was a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships