U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 01:18 PM

21,843 posts, read 14,349,419 times

Advertisements

Yeah, dodge it. Move on.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:32 PM

6,536 posts, read 2,358,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I have a friend, more of a business partner, but we've become close in recent months due to some somewhat successful investment ventures that he found.

I've been invited to his home many times for meetings and even just to watch a game (he's a big Miami Heat fan).

He has this hot wife, she's 15 years younger than either of us, and when I come to his house, she straight up gives me a mouth to mouth kiss as a "greeting". She's from South America, and I don't know the culture(s) all that well, but where I'm from, a mouth kiss is generally reserved for someone you are romantic with. I think I would be lessed sketched out if she was just average, or maybe cute but older. But the fact that she's in her 20s and smoking (with a little plastic help), makes this whole thing uncomfortable.

Besides telling his wife to stop doing that, I was thinking of maybe dodging her kiss when we meet next and making it just an "air kiss" and hug.

I'd just say something to your friend. Explain that you realize it's probably just a cultural thing, but it makes you really uncomfortable when she kisses you on the mouth.

And then the husband can go to the wife and explain that it makes you uncomfortable. I'm sure she doesn't mean to. (For some reason, I'm thinking of Gloria on "Modern Family". I can so see her doing something similar, cause it'd just be her culture.)

Old 01-23-2019, 01:46 PM

104 posts, read 38,254 times
Quote:
Air kisses are like when you kiss to the side of their face but don't actually make contact.
thanks. I've seen that on tv but not in real life. Still seems odd

Old 01-23-2019, 01:53 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,418,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
The kiss upon meeting or departing is normal
I don't know anyone that does this.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:55 PM

12,686 posts, read 14,063,903 times
Quote:
....Besides telling his wife to stop doing that, I was thinking of maybe dodging her kiss when we meet next and making it just an "air kiss" and hug.
A significant missing fact: How does her husband react to her kissing you on the mouth? No unusual reaction, or is he hanging up your coat when this occurs? If he sees this and is giving it a pass with no comment, his feelings may be very far removed from your fidgetiness about it.

Consider this possibility: She is on to this as her thing. If you do something unusual next time, like turning your face away so she plants a smacker on your cheek, what is her reaction going to be? How will she react?
Is she going to find your conduct insulting? And how will she convey her feelings to her husband?

I had a similar thing occur many years ago. The woman slathered her lips with saliva and then kissed me on the mouth. I jerked back, and she wailed "Why did you do thaaaaaaaaat!!!!!" Very uncomfortable scene followed.

Now imagine that this is how your partner's wife reacts. Bad news.

You got yourself a winning business partner here - think money, amigo, and hasten slowly....whatever you do, do not offend his hot wife because she could shove a knife right into your wallet. Keep a sense of proportion. This is a fleeting kiss you do not want, it is not a wild crotch grab turning your gonads to hot lava.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:00 PM

9,253 posts, read 11,806,344 times
Exactly how close are you to your friend and is it close enough to give up a potentially wild times with this "hot -15 years younger" new and better friend?

Old 01-23-2019, 02:01 PM

4,802 posts, read 1,980,636 times
Quote:
I have a friend, more of a business partner, but we've become close in recent months due to some somewhat successful investment ventures that he found.

I've been invited to his home many times for meetings and even just to watch a game (he's a big Miami Heat fan).

He has this hot wife, she's 15 years younger than either of us, and when I come to his house, she straight up gives me a mouth to mouth kiss as a "greeting". She's from South America, and I don't know the culture(s) all that well, but where I'm from, a mouth kiss is generally reserved for someone you are romantic with. I think I would be lessed sketched out if she was just average, or maybe cute but older. But the fact that she's in her 20s and smoking (with a little plastic help), makes this whole thing uncomfortable.

Besides telling his wife to stop doing that, I was thinking of maybe dodging her kiss when we meet next and making it just an "air kiss" and hug.

Ignore it. Some women that hot like to make men think about them and all of the thoughts that follow. This is an ego thing. Next time that you go over there let her kiss you. Then don't let her catch you looking at any part of her. Catching you feeds her ego and so does talking about it to anyone she chooses to include.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:09 PM

5,412 posts, read 2,333,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Ignore it. Some women that hot like to make men think about them and all of the thoughts that follow. This is an ego thing. Next time that you go over there let her kiss you. Then don't let her catch you looking at any part of her. Catching you feeds her ego and so does talking about it to anyone she chooses to include.
Wow.

How do you know this? Sounds like a bit of your insecurities are showing, no?

Old 01-23-2019, 02:27 PM

4,802 posts, read 1,980,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Wow.

How do you know this? Sounds like a bit of your insecurities are showing, no?

Maybe her insecurities. In any event a kiss on the lips is over the top.
Intelligent people like to have their intelligence noted.
Attractive women like to be seen on the dance floor.

Like I said at the beginning of my post, ignore it.
Your post sounds belligerent from someone that I don't insult on a regular basis. I didn't stumble onto your MO, have I?

Last edited by Tonyafd; 01-23-2019 at 02:40 PM..

Old 01-23-2019, 03:25 PM

6,536 posts, read 2,358,678 times
I don't know...I really think a lot of it is South American culture.

Way back when (in the 60's) my parents had friends that had a 3 Foreign exchange high school students staying with them. One was a guy from Equador, and the other 2 were super smoking hot sisters from Brazil. I mean...hey, I was an 11 yr. old female, and I recognized hotness. And these girls walked around in teeny tiny bikinis often.

This was a source of consternation and concern to the wife of the family. LOL Not so much the dad. LOL

Have you ever seen pictures of Carnivale in Rio De Janeiro? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or