Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 09:48 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,726 times

Advertisements

I have a friend, more of a business partner, but we've become close in recent months due to some somewhat successful investment ventures that he found.

I've been invited to his home many times for meetings and even just to watch a game (he's a big Miami Heat fan).

He has this hot wife, she's 15 years younger than either of us, and when I come to his house, she straight up gives me a mouth to mouth kiss as a "greeting". She's from South America, and I don't know the culture(s) all that well, but where I'm from, a mouth kiss is generally reserved for someone you are romantic with. I think I would be lessed sketched out if she was just average, or maybe cute but older. But the fact that she's in her 20s and smoking (with a little plastic help), makes this whole thing uncomfortable.

Besides telling his wife to stop doing that, I was thinking of maybe dodging her kiss when we meet next and making it just an "air kiss" and hug.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:55 AM

6,294 posts, read 4,192,051 times
Don’t give a rat’s backside about her description, totally not relevant unless it just makes you helpless putty and controlled by your plumbing. You just simply step back and be formal ,or dodge it every time, or you say it makes you uncomfortable.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:37 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Next time, ask her, "IS this kiss approved by your husband"? Make a joke out of it, while, as Spuggy suggested, stepping back, to fend it off.

And NO, people don't do that in SA! It's harassment, but she's betting you won't mind, because she's ego-driven and superficial.

P.S. I was called to do a massage once, at a guy's house, who was married to a Brazilian woman. She was running around the place in her underwear the whole time. She looked like she'd had a boob job. Beauty is such a HUGE industry in Brazil, with even poor people getting enhancements from a surgeon who made it his mission to make the surgeries affordable, that women being stuck on their own hotness seems epidemic. And then, there's Venezuela, which has a huge Miss Universe-prep machine, to groom women to win such competitions, in a similar way to the Soviet Union's had sports and ballet special training schools.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-23-2019 at 10:46 AM..

Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,016,027 times
Just tell her she can't hug or kiss you because you have herpes sores in your mouth and the virus is contagious. Problem solved. No more kisses, no more hugs.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,164,338 times
I'm assuming no tongue action is involved. Just turn slightly so she gives you a peck on the cheek instead.

R4T, you give massages and make house calls?

Old 01-23-2019, 12:45 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,637,093 times
Maybe she’s just the exuberant type. I’d just go along unless or until it goes further than that, especially if this is in front of her husband, implying he sees it as normal behavior for her. I wouldn’t want to take the chance of offending a good friend.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:49 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
Hmmm. Exactly what is the problem here?

Old 01-23-2019, 12:49 PM

104 posts, read 84,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I have a friend, more of a business partner, but we've become close in recent months due to some somewhat successful investment ventures that he found.

I've been invited to his home many times for meetings and even just to watch a game (he's a big Miami Heat fan).

He has this hot wife, she's 15 years younger than either of us, and when I come to his house, she straight up gives me a mouth to mouth kiss as a "greeting". She's from South America, and I don't know the culture(s) all that well, but where I'm from, a mouth kiss is generally reserved for someone you are romantic with. I think I would be lessed sketched out if she was just average, or maybe cute but older. But the fact that she's in her 20s and smoking (with a little plastic help), makes this whole thing uncomfortable.

Besides telling his wife to stop doing that, I was thinking of maybe dodging her kiss when we meet next and making it just an "air kiss" and hug.
I wouldn't involve him, he isn't doing it. Just turn to the side quickly and give her a hug. Air kiss, not sure what that is but it sounds odd. She will get the hint

We have friends where the husband likes to kiss me. I think the wife got mad last time and now she kisses me and my husband. Next time i saw him, I stood back. She kissed my husband and I didn't kiss hers. maybe she's figured out I am only being polite, it doesn't bother me either way. Maybe before she thought I liked him too much but it's doubtful now. We've been friends about 8 months so not too long, still getting to know them. I adore them. Good Luck!

Old 01-23-2019, 01:05 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,236,582 times
The kiss upon meeting or departing is normal, but it's usually a cheek or air thing. I think you can dodge it pretty easily if it makes you uncomfortable.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:17 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond1 View Post
I wouldn't involve him, he isn't doing it. Just turn to the side quickly and give her a hug. Air kiss, not sure what that is but it sounds odd. She will get the hint

We have friends where the husband likes to kiss me. I think the wife got mad last time and now she kisses me and my husband. Next time i saw him, I stood back. She kissed my husband and I didn't kiss hers. maybe she's figured out I am only being polite, it doesn't bother me either way. Maybe before she thought I liked him too much but it's doubtful now. We've been friends about 8 months so not too long, still getting to know them. I adore them. Good Luck!
Air kisses are like when you kiss to the side of their face but don't actually make contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.