Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 12:29 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,372,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
He is 28 years old, but emotionally he is about 10.
You've got that wrong. It is who is emotionally 10 that you feel so entitled that others need to take care of you like this, and pay for your Uber, give us a break! You are old enough to drink, then take care of your own transportation with Uber and stop being a burden to others. You come across as a real user of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 12:30 AM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm assuming this is the guy...

Does anybody know a person who has a problem with people drinking any alcohol?

If so, the OP really shouldn't be surprised that he's being unreasonable about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Well I'm glad you went digging for that thread and posted the link, because that one linked to another one of the OP's threads about his friend that confirms the OP is a man, not a woman. And a rather catty man for that matter.

It also made clear in the post a year ago that the OP and the group of his other catty male friends don't have a respectful opinion of the neighbour. They all think he's a toady. They all make a fool of him and OP likes to gossip online and make fun of him and expects the friend to kowtow to him. People can't hide stuff like that so the neighbour is going to be aware of what his so-called friend really thinks of him.

So you think the neighbour is being unreasonable for refusing to be a bullied toady that gets taken for granted by people who pretend to be his friends while they're dog-piling on him and bossing him around. That doesn't speak well for your own character or judgement of character. I don't think the neighbour is being unreasonable at all, I think he's being sensible. I also think the neighbour needs to find some better, respectful, un-bossy friends for himself and rid himself of the bullying 'friends' that he has right now.
Whoa...settle down. I haven't even read that other thread (yet).

Old 01-28-2019, 01:20 AM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm assuming this is the guy...

Does anybody know a person who has a problem with people drinking any alcohol?

If so, the OP really shouldn't be surprised that he's being unreasonable about this.
Quote:
Well I'm glad you went digging for that thread and posted the link, because that one linked to another one of the OP's threads about his friend that confirms the OP is a man, not a woman. And a rather catty man for that matter.

It also made clear in the post a year ago that the OP and the group of his other catty male friends don't have a respectful opinion of the neighbour. They all think he's a toady. They all make a fool of him and OP likes to gossip online and make fun of him and expects the friend to kowtow to him. People can't hide stuff like that so the neighbour is going to be aware of what his so-called friend really thinks of him.

So you think the neighbour is being unreasonable for refusing to be a bullied toady that gets taken for granted by people who pretend to be his friends while they're dog-piling on him and bossing him around. That doesn't speak well for your own character or judgement of character. I don't think the neighbour is being unreasonable at all, I think he's being sensible. I also think the neighbour needs to find some better, respectful, un-bossy friends for himself and rid himself of the bullying 'friends' that he has right now.
Ok, I checked out that other thread. Either you're very confused or I'm very confused. It's after 3:00am here so it might be me, but I don't think so.

In the thread I just read -- How can I get my friend group to stop joking that another friend and I are a couple? -- the OP is the one who is being picked on. I don't know how you possibly came to the conclusion that it was the neighbor being picked on by the OP and his friends.

I need to sleep, and you need to re-read that thread.

Last edited by redplum33; 01-28-2019 at 01:41 AM..

Old 01-28-2019, 01:26 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Some drinkers don’t know when to quit. Then they make fools of themselves or get sick in the car. No thanks. Take an Uber.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:11 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Yeah, that isn't a bad idea. This is bugging me, but being that our other friend will be speaking to him, I don't know if I should make things worse and more awkward for them by texting him tonight. I am thinking of texting him the idea you just gave me, and if he still says no(which wouldn't make sense since I won't have drank anything on the ride there) I'll tell him I'm more than happy to only go out with the other two. I really have to rethink my friendship with him unfortunately.
Correct. OP, who even invited this Putz, and why would you even want a guy like this at "your" party?

This guy is not your "friend", at best he is an "associate". Friends make simple accommodations for one another to help each other out. This guy just revealed his true colors. At best, treat this guy like an "acquaintance" and find yourself some real friends. Remember the movie "Good Will Hunting"? You want a friend like Ben Affleck's character in that movie. Anybody else is just a passerby in life, a person you'll describe one day as "Somebody that I used to know", not "Yeah, he and I were best friends once". I've only had three or four people in a long life that I would put in the latter category, and even though we don't all see each other much anymore, if one of them called me at 3:00 AM to bail them out, I'd be getting dressed without thinking about it. I've had dozens, maybe hundreds of acquaintances in this life, but very few "real" friends. Another example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8RuIu4FuY

"Millenials". Sigh.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:27 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
When politely asking....do not assume the answer will be YES!.

I sense that you came across as drafting him BEFORE he even had a chance to think about it. You upsold the idea that because he is a non drinker that he CAN/SHOULD/ and Would give you a ride.

Mind you I am all about tending to my friends....making sure they get home safely. I can clean up a spill in the car...but not the regret or a visit to a morgue for them ....

The old saying...its better to ask forgiveness then to ask permission seems to be playing out here....You assumed that the person would say yes long before the favor was asked....

if there are bars ...there are usually Uber drivers or taxis available to get the person home....

Old 01-28-2019, 04:06 AM

666 posts, read 643,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
Birthday, big deal. Short trips cost like $6-7.00 with Uber. No reason to expect friends to enable your careless behavior. Such entitlement from drinkers, unreal.
So arranging to not drive after having any amount of alcohol is "careless behavior". What an interesting idea.

Xxblue you are not in the wrong and the friend is being weird, but I wouldn't expect him to pay for the Uber either.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:11 AM

666 posts, read 643,221 times
Quote:

This is in no way a correct assessment of OP'S threads from a year ago or any time, in any way. This should not have been brought here.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:29 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
"No" means no.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:33 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,427 times
I'm amazed at all the high and mighty people on here that couldn't possibly be a wee bit inconvenienced when helping a friend celebrate a birthday. Yikes. But then I don't run with the drink til you puke crowd so I guess it always depends on the circumstances.

But even more amazing is a 28 year old being grounded. That's probably my WTF for the month right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships