Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 07:42 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times

Advertisements

Not under any obligation to be your personal cab driver if they don't want too. Since your an adult, make an adult decision and hire a limo or über yourself. Either that or do what most responsible adults do, don't drink
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 09:18 AM

17,739 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
If he knew he was mocked and bashed behind his back, this would have a different outcome. Likley the same people he is meeting up at this party were among those doing the mocking too. What a horrible thing to do... the butt of all the jokes and insults and doesn't even know it while pretending to be his friend. It's disgusting.
And none of that is accurate.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:36 AM

87 posts, read 58,362 times
He probably doesn't want to stay out late and be responsible for a drunk person. Get your own uber and pay.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:01 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
It actually sounds reasonable to me. Obviously, your pal doesn't want to deal with the fallout of your night out.
Yeah. It's his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Sorry, I'm with your friend. Don't assume that the non-drinker wants to be your chauffeur. If you've ever had someone puke in your car, you would understand.

I don't care how "responsible" my friends claim they're planning to be. I don't want drinkers in my car anymore.
Indeed. And puke or no puke, he's not OP's servant. That has been made clear.

Case dismissed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
I have it and am going to use it.
Problem solved. I don't get your original issue. It's his car, his time, his life. His "refusal" to be your driver is your issue, not his.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:34 PM

14,484 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Checking back in on this thread, and it seems like the more pages there are, the less people are actually reading.

First... This was NOT some uninterested, uninvolved stranger the OP asked to take her to the party... it was one of her friends, who is already planning on attending. All the posts about the guy not wanting to be around bars or people who are drinking... are not paying attention. He's going to be there, wants to be there... already!

Second... If I had a friend who I actually thought might drink too much at an event I'm going to be at... I would OFFER to drive them. This is a FRIEND, remember? Not some stranger off the street... Someone you want to help keep safe and legal and sound, and do nice things for, I'd think. Or do I not understand what friend means to all of you?

Third... the guy has since decided to drive... so... All's well that ends well.

People are nothing, if not funny.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 01-31-2019 at 05:59 PM..

Old 01-31-2019, 05:42 PM

937 posts, read 743,990 times
I'm on the side of the OP with thinking this friend is odd. I think this 'friend' is immature and socially backward based on the OP's descriptions. Moving forward if I were OP, I'd keep a nice distance from the guy. He lives at his parents' pushing age 30, plays kid video games, watches kid movies, and dramatically runs out of the room to his bedroom (at his parents' house) when upset with others and then pouts. OP should just chalk it up to asking an odd and emotionally delayed and/or possibly socially inept person for a ride, and avoid said person in the future. Call an Uber or get someone else to give him a lift. This individual is too much of a hassle to deal with.

Last edited by Chloe333; 01-31-2019 at 06:43 PM..

Old 01-31-2019, 08:38 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Checking back in on this thread, and it seems like the more pages there are, the less people are actually reading.

First... This was NOT some uninterested, uninvolved stranger the OP asked to take her to the party... it was one of her friends, who is already planning on attending. All the posts about the guy not wanting to be around bars or people who are drinking... are not paying attention. He's going to be there, wants to be there... already!

Second... If I had a friend who I actually thought might drink too much at an event I'm going to be at... I would OFFER to drive them. This is a FRIEND, remember? Not some stranger off the street... Someone you want to help keep safe and legal and sound, and do nice things for, I'd think. Or do I not understand what friend means to all of you?

Third... the guy has since decided to drive... so... All's well that ends well.

People are nothing, if not funny.
Except the OP is a dude with major entitlement issues.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 PM

14,484 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Except the OP is a dude with major entitlement issues.
No… Not major ones... minor if any…

Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That's it, exactly. Why would you expect someone who doesn't drink, to be willing to be an enabler of your alcoholism? You're lucky he's coming to your party, at all.
Wow, a few drinks on your birthday equals alcoholism?

You must be a real blast at parties, Steve.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:12 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
No… Not major ones... minor if any…

If you don't think demanding the other person pay for the Uber fare to and from the bar isn't a major, major entitlement issue, what exactly is?

Or, just as bad, sending a friend to go harangue the other guy for declining? If I were that third person, I'd say, "Dude, are you kidding? Grow a pair and take care of your own business."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships