U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:05 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,680,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51squirrel33 View Post
First: are you positive, Bob is still alive?
That's exactly what I was wondering. Are you sure he's okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,151,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
That's exactly what I was wondering. Are you sure he's okay?
95% sure?

Regardless, thanks everyone for their post. It's sad to see a friendship RIP but it is what it is. I will try to make the best of my new job while waiting for Bob to reply. He knows I'm waiting for a response so I won't bug him anymore. Sucks

Old 02-11-2019, 02:51 PM

5,578 posts, read 5,096,158 times
I think just wait a while, then say something like "sorry it didn't work out for you with company C, how about them Eagles?" Or whatever.

And if anyone at your new company asks what happened to your friend that you talked up so much, just say "I'm sorry about that, his current employer gave him an offer he couldn't refuse".

Old 02-12-2019, 02:49 PM

Last update - Spoke to both company C and finally got in contact with Bob. Supposedly there has been a "family emergency" and Bob has to withdraw from the interview. My contact with Bob was a basic text message, still haven't been able to have a normal conversation with Bob. Bob could always reschedule, but he hasn't done so. Company C says they will have to move on to other candidates (no surprise)

Old 02-12-2019, 02:57 PM

7,101 posts, read 2,916,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
Last update - Spoke to both company C and finally got in contact with Bob. Supposedly there has been a "family emergency" and Bob has to withdraw from the interview. My contact with Bob was a basic text message, still haven't been able to have a normal conversation with Bob. Bob could always reschedule, but he hasn't done so. Company C says they will have to move on to other candidates (no surprise)
He's probably got a lot more important things on his plate at the moment than upsetting his current employment situation. I'd still let him contact you.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:15 PM

3,965 posts, read 1,695,274 times
Quote:
If he had a family emergency, he may need to take FMLA or time off in the near future. It is probably not a good time for him to be looking for a new job... he clearly has other things on his mind.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:21 PM

5,695 posts, read 4,415,996 times
Quote:
Told ‘ya

Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
He's probably got a lot more important things on his plate at the moment than upsetting his current employment situation. I'd still let him contact you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
If he had a family emergency, he may need to take FMLA or time off in the near future. It is probably not a good time for him to be looking for a new job... he clearly has other things on his mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Told ‘ya
My fear, based on everyone's replies, is that the excuse is a lie. It's a very very sensitive topic so unfortunately nothing I can prove nor probe more on, but call me pessimistic but I'm calling a Bluff

Old 02-13-2019, 07:09 AM

797 posts, read 211,610 times
Quote:
My fear, based on everyone's replies, is that the excuse is a lie. It's a very very sensitive topic so unfortunately nothing I can prove nor probe more on, but call me pessimistic but I'm calling a Bluff
I agree. The fact that he has not been in touch with you suggests to me that he does not want to proliferate a lie.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:27 AM

1,229 posts, read 900,268 times
It’s over. Don’t go down this road again with Bob. In fact I’d probably just keep distance from him altogether from now on. As good as it might have been before, you left that job for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or