Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 01:05 AM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
I have an idea. How about I buy a bunch of small gifts ($5 each max), come in on a weekend when I'm not working and leave a little note for each of the "victims" I may have looked at the wrong way, saying something like : Thank you for all you did for me in the past X # of months, I know we didn't always see eye to eye (literally), I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable but I hope we can move forward .. wishing you all the best!
I would NOT do this!! It can come across as creepy or that you are still trying to get some sort of reward out of singling them out, trying to get back on their good side for your own reasons. Forget it. The text of your note isn't contrite at all because it dismisses the real problem entirely. I don't think you have any idea how serious this stuff has to become before most women will report it. You are still minimizing what you do and that's a big problem. Just reading your description of what you did is creepy. Leering. Like you get some titillation out of relating the story to anyone who will listen.

OP first I would suggest getting some training or counseling about respectful conduct around women. You obviously have no sense of when you cross an acceptable line, and have no sense of how you are perceived. It's not just your workplace. It's in more aspects of your life than work. Your other threads show the same lack of control. This is a personal issue you need to deal with and it will take more than some apology to the people you've offended. You realize some people consider it a form of sexual assault right? You can be fired and sued over it.

OP actions speak louder than words. Get a handle on YOUR behavior and then demonstrate it. Be very very respectful, conservative in your dealings with these people. Stick to business topics and keep your eyes to yourself. Be humble and professional. If you can even remember what one of them happened to wear on a particular day it's not working! Maybe find a male coworker who can keep an eye on YOU and tell you when you are crossing the lines. Maybe you'll finally learn what most other people have already figured out.

Where's that electric shock collar for humans when we need one?

Old 02-16-2019, 01:15 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,530,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
I have an idea. How about I buy a bunch of small gifts ($5 each max), come in on a weekend when I'm not working and leave a little note for each of the "victims" I may have looked at the wrong way, saying something like : Thank you for all you did for me in the past X # of months, I know we didn't always see eye to eye (literally), I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable but I hope we can move forward .. wishing you all the best!
That's a bad idea. If you're moving on just get out of there and don't make things any more awkward and uncomfortable than they already are. From what I understand after reading all your posts, there is no complaint about you sexually harassing anyone, but rather other complaints that you think may be in retaliation for what you perceive as you making women feel uncomfortable in your office. Assuming your perceptions are correct, just move on. And learn to stop staring at any woman's breast unless she's your partner.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:43 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
Previously I thought the OP was a woman and was getting into little conflicts with a tattletale coworker and various managers due to some women's territorial, catty behaviors. So was surprised to read this thread where instead the OP is constantly checking out these women and their figures. Lol...no wonder the coworkers and the managers constantly had complaints! Stop looking and don't say or do anything else to worsen the situation.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:02 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
You don't sound sorry, so don't apologize.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:29 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships