Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:23 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times

Advertisements

OP, am I correct in assuming that you and your BF are still really good friends with Jake like you were before Betty came on the scene? You might have liked her when she and Jake were an item but she was never your BFF, was she? After she split up with Jake I think Jake is the one you owed your first loyalties to instead of Betty, he is the one you and your BF had the closest connection with first. If you were still irritated about the "couldn't care less" dirty stunt that she pulled on the three of you a year after it happened then you were already disconnecting from her so it doesn't matter if you stopped answering her texts and deleted her from social media after she split up with Jake.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 10:19 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
I does not sound like this person ever was a friend.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:48 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Yeah, I would've dropped her. Her actions were bizarre and showed she was untrustworthy to Jake, and to you guys that night. She's just weird. Not something good friendships are made from. Polite and acquaintance, maybe. But not friend material.

It's obvious that she had kept contact with the creepy guy, while she was still with Jake. Whether she was two-timing Jake, I don't know. I'd guess she was.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:11 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
The only right answer b and b is how do you feel about her? If your gut tells you to let the friendship go, then let the friendship go. I personally have a pretty high standard on who gets into my universe. No liars, cheats, chemically dependent people, and no rectums. Life is much nicer with good people in it. She would fall into the liar and cheat category and possibly rectum too. Three strikes and you're definitely out.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:42 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
She's lucky she wasn't a statistic....

Old 02-21-2019, 03:39 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,677,377 times
She apparently didn't think the guy was creepy or didn't care. It's her life in the end, but if it bugs you that much it is your choice. You can just put it all in the past and just move on too.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:44 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
I don't keep friends I can't respect. And I learned that when someone asks me to lie for them, to just immediately tell them I won't lie for them.

If this happened to me now, I would have told her, "Do whatever you like, of course, you're your own adult, but I won't like for you." And when she argued with me, I'd just keep saying, "No, I don't lie for people."

If you state something like it's a "rule" you have, people generally back down faster when they want to try to talk you into or out of something. "I don't like for people" is nice and clear and firm.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:43 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
OP, am I correct in assuming that you and your BF are still really good friends with Jake like you were before Betty came on the scene? You might have liked her when she and Jake were an item but she was never your BFF, was she? After she split up with Jake I think Jake is the one you owed your first loyalties to instead of Betty, he is the one you and your BF had the closest connection with first. If you were still irritated about the "couldn't care less" dirty stunt that she pulled on the three of you a year after it happened then you were already disconnecting from her so it doesn't matter if you stopped answering her texts and deleted her from social media after she split up with Jake.

Yeah, I thought of her as a friend but we likely wouldn't have been if she hadn't been dating him to begin with.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I haven't gotten many opinions on it from people who weren't already involved, and I've made a point of not repeating it to those in our circle who weren't there that night.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:34 AM

1,279 posts, read 851,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I was looking back on a friendship I ended and wondered if others would have responded similarly.

You (and Jake) did the right thing.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:04 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Before leaving, she told us both not to say a word about any of it to Jake.
My response to this would have been "I'm sorry, but Jake trusted us to make sure you get home. If we can't do that for whatever reason, we have to let him know."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships