U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:46 AM

2,539 posts, read 3,501,020 times

Advertisements

A guy I knew in college was prematurely gray, but in a nice looking way. Everyone called him "Silver".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 470 times
Default Nicky Names

My grandfather was called "Slick" and grandma was called Big One but it sounded like 'Begging'. My uncles have pretty cool names too: "Auto" he worked on vehicles, Uncle Bay(I don't know why this is his name), Uncle Man, Uncle Smooth, Uncle Dub, and Uncle Duke (he use to put his solid deposits in the bath water so no one wanted him in their bath water growing up).

Old 03-23-2019, 02:58 PM

18,254 posts, read 23,343,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyrabbit2 View Post
My grandfather was called "Slick" and grandma was called Big One but it sounded like 'Begging'. My uncles have pretty cool names too: "Auto" he worked on vehicles, Uncle Bay(I don't know why this is his name), Uncle Man, Uncle Smooth, Uncle Dub, and Uncle Duke (he use to put his solid deposits in the bath water so no one wanted him in their bath water growing up).
that's what my sister gave me for a nickname 40 yrs ago- slick
slick-rick

Old 03-26-2019, 10:17 PM

2,931 posts, read 2,086,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Of all your friends, acquaintances, even public figures you've heard of... Who has the coolest nickname of anyone you know?

Of course you don't want to put any personal details about your friends here, but what nicknames have been the greatest you have known?
They called him Dead-Eye (intenionaly left out his last name), because he had only one eye. His other eye socket was either glass or marble, but it looked very dead. I can see how that glass eye could scare somebody. My ex-wife at the time said he gave her the "creeps". Back in the 60's and 70's he was considered by many to be the toughest fighter in Muncie, Ind. Nobody wanted to mess with him too much.

When I was in my 10th grade of high school, my English teacher's name was Doris Day. (not the movie star)

Went to Junior High School with "Betty Davis".

Went to school with another girl whose name was Liz Taylor. She always tried to look like Liz Taylor and she did a pretty good job at it

Had a next door neighbor for about 10 years who went by the name of "Wahoo".

I have a cousin who goes by "Tater".
Have a friend who goes by "Cornbread"
Another friend goes by "Skeeter"
Had an uncle who went by "Buck" and his younger sister went by "Doe".

My Grandpa started calling me "Killer Diller" because I always had the prettiest girlfriends out of all his grandkids.

Right off the top of my head, some celebrities who I think have a cool nickname :

Michael "Air" Jordan
Clyde "The Glide" Drexler
Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain.
Waylon "Watasha" Jennings
Hank "Bocephus" Wiliams, Jr

Old 03-28-2019, 02:34 PM

60 posts, read 16,173 times
Had a gym teacher/coach in high school named Ed.

We all called him "Physical Ed"

Old 03-28-2019, 02:40 PM

36,835 posts, read 45,247,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma Male View Post
Had a gym teacher/coach in high school named Ed.

We all called him "Physical Ed"
Now, that is funny.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:42 PM

36,835 posts, read 45,247,132 times
When my son played baseball in high school, they called him Opie. He looked a lot like Opie Taylor from Mayberry. He did not like it, but I thought it was cute.

Old 03-31-2019, 01:19 AM

17,980 posts, read 19,723,845 times
A neighbor of mine was nicknamed Jaws. Dude flew jets in the navy.

One buddy I call Wrench. He’s a auto mechanic

One guy at work we call Baby Fingers. We throw stuff to him to catch and he freaking drops it. One day I go Jesus dude you got baby fingers or something? . It stuck

Pink Panther. A guy I hired literally looked and walked like the pink panther.

Ghost. Another guy we hired we could never find him. Guy showed up in the morning, nobody could find him most of the day and we saw him at the end of the day.

Big Black. Hugest black dude I ever saw. Guy couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs without basically needing oxygen. And when I say big I mean big 380 and maybe 5 09

Megamind. Buddy of mine graduated from MIT. Lost a bunch of his hair doing it. His sister threw that outwhen we went to his graduation. She goes geez he looks like megamind. . It stuck.

We had a buddy who wanted to be called Ace so bad he would introduce himself as “Name’s Mike but people call me Ace.” We call him Fruit Loop.

Elmer Fudd. buddy of ours talked like Elmer Fudd. Couldn’t be helped.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:57 AM

12,208 posts, read 13,431,936 times
Llama

Old 03-31-2019, 09:48 AM

3,331 posts, read 1,482,585 times
Our friends here call my husband "the Professor" (he's not one) because he tends to drone on about technical stuff beyond the average person's interest. We all just smile indulgently and whisper "It's the Professor".

This is in reference to "Gilligan's Island", so they call me "Ginger".

Our other friend is called "The Mayor" because he is avid about cleaning the beach. And tries to get everyone else onboard, but most of us are too lazy in retirement, LOL, and it's already pristine from his efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships