Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 11:44 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,121,978 times

Advertisements

I would not give her the satisfaction of a response - ever hear the phrase "Better to be hated than ignored?". Any one who writes vile trash (especially about your mommy) wants a confrontation. I would ignore any communication from them. Never let them see you sweat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 02:25 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Dude, why do you even care? Someone who is no longer connected to you said something mean about you and your family. Whoopty do? This is not exactly blood feud material.

What I'm thinking is that it is weird that you've reached adulthood with this mentality and you were going to marry someone of a similar mentality and probably compound the issue. It's good you didn't react to this. Now get yourself a therapist and start to figure out why you wanted to do that so badly. There is no reason to go through life with that kind of mindset. It does not make for a happy life.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:23 PM

245 posts, read 341,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Haha. That will happen or something similar. Then we well see a new post, from a new poster that is composed of 1 paragraph with 100 run-on sentences asking "what should I do next?" at the end.

Cut it out.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Like others have said, why would you go to her employer? It makes no sense to me and I'm sure will make less sense to them.

You never married your ex-fiance; the girl messaging you is not your sister in law. Thankfully.

You said your ex fiance is slandering you. Where is she doing this? Is she posting it on facebook? Did you screen shot any of it?

As for whatever your ex's sister said, make sure you screen shot it if you block her because if I remember right, once you block her, you'll lose the message, same if she puts her profile offline. You may even want to print it out for proof if you need it later.

I'm being harassed online by someone. I've been screen shotting and printing for the day I've had enough and I go to the cops to get a restraining order placed. You could do the same.

I agree with others, block the ****** and if you want reply with a yawn (I like that suggestion) or say is that all you have? LMFAO! then block. I also agree with reporting it to facebook. Maybe they'll give her a few days time out. I've had my harasser banned from find a grave with 3 accounts she used. Now she's IP banned. I never had to reply. She tried emailing me on my fathers birthday 2 years ago from an email account that had my fathers name; I replied back with a nasty 3 page letter she wrote my father. She didn't know I had that.

As someone who's being harassed and who's name is being trashed, I know how you feel. It sucks. I have a feeling your ex will start dating quickly which will show everyone that she was to blame for the break up. She's not in control of your own friends, by all means vent to them.

Good luck and you're really lucky this happened now before you get a few years into marriage with possibly a kid then you could be responsible for child support and being tied to this toxic family for life.

Thanks so much for the insight and yes I did screenshot the message worth three screenshots. And my ex-fiancé is slandering my name to her family so it’s pretty obvious since three of three removed me from Facebook.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
You thinking you should contact this person's employer or place of employment makes you sound mentally disturbed, emotionally disturbed, emotionally immature, and have very poor judgment.

Not sure why several people (or more) are saying you "dodged a bullet with not having this person or other family members as your in-law relatives" when it is you who sounds mentally disturbed with poor judgment.

And you asking if 'public shaming' is something you should do to this person is more evidence of your mental disturbance, radically poor judgment, and lack of emotional maturity.
Man shut your mouth

Old 03-01-2019, 09:04 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,774,941 times
Who cares? Block your ex-fiancee and all her relatives. Problem solved.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:40 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I've noticed that people in forums (including CD) sometimes (or even often) take up a stance of excessive support, excessive empathy, and excessive sympathy for dubious questionable characters and the stance includes that the poster has done little or no wrong or is a victim and just by the mere fact that the poster is willing to share time and a problem with other posters.

The responding posters respond with an unspoken sense of gratefulness and thankfulness that the OP is willing to spend time with others on the forum and this elicits a ridiculous level of gratefulness/empathy/sympathy and a ridiculous level of loyalty to questionable dubious characters.

All of the above excessiveness is carried out when very little to nothing is known about the OP or when the OP's behavior or personality are questionable. One does not know who the person is behind their online identity. Thinking you know the person behind the online identity is very naive. Excess loyalty in gratefulness is seen for a regular poster (or even any poster) who fills up the time of readers and acts like a 'friend'. And an OP (or any poster) tells other posters who he/she is through their posts, but excessively grateful or loyal responding posters refuse to see it or pretend not to see it.
Thank you Dr. Freud. We gave OP simple advice. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill. Nobody is taking a stance of excessive support. Going by what the original post stated without asking a billion questions the advice given was basically stop contact, move on with your life. Keep the messages in case Ex’s family decides to escalate the situation. St Rent es like this is why I absolutely positively don’t give a F about social media. The people who need to reach me have my number

Old 03-01-2019, 09:41 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Legend View Post
Hey guys,

Is there anything I can do here? She really disrespected me and wrote a whole bunch of crap and lies to make me look I’m the pos here.
Your ego is hurt and it sucks to be lied about. Having someone execute an ad hominem attack is hurtful and unfair.

That said, what I learned decades ago is this: always take the high road no matter what, no matter how difficult it is. You will never be sorry if you choose to remain calm and reflect internally instead of lashing out. It's totally human nature to want to lash out and strike back and try to hurt someone who's causing you pain and anguish. But it accomplishes nothing and there's already enough hurt as it is. Adding to it, even to defend yourself or worse, trying to get revenge, just creates more misery.

If you can mentally wish peace to whoever just did something hurtful and continue on down the road on your own journey, you'll come to feel a lot better. Easy? No. But I swear it's both powerful and positive.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Thank you Dr. Freud. We gave OP simple advice. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill. Nobody is taking a stance of excessive support. Going by what the original post stated without asking a billion questions the advice given was basically stop contact, move on with your life. Keep the messages in case Ex’s family decides to escalate the situation. St Rent es like this is why I absolutely positively don’t give a F about social media. The people who need to reach me have my number
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Your ego is hurt and it sucks to be lied about. Having someone execute an ad hominem attack is hurtful and unfair.

That said, what I learned decades ago is this: always take the high road no matter what, no matter how difficult it is. You will never be sorry if you choose to remain calm and reflect internally instead of lashing out. It's totally human nature to want to lash out and strike back and try to hurt someone who's causing you pain and anguish. But it accomplishes nothing and there's already enough hurt as it is. Adding to it, even to defend yourself or worse, trying to get revenge, just creates more misery.

If you can mentally wish peace to whoever just did something hurtful and continue on down the road on your own journey, you'll come to feel a lot better. Easy? No. But I swear it's both powerful and positive.
Thanks guys. Never understood someone’s negative input like that internet ego poster above. He probably dwells On nothing but negativity anyways. Just keep silent and scroll past this thread if you have nothing positive to say. As for her and her family, I just gotta pray and home they come at peace. Find an even better lady that will be 1000% better.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:45 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Legend View Post
Cut it out.
I guess you should take your own directives. This is a great solution to that ex-fiancé and her sister. Cut them out of your life by ignoring them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships