U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 08:43 PM

2,184 posts, read 913,212 times

Advertisements

I went to my 5 year reunion. Never went to another one and itís now been 46 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 08:55 PM

3,114 posts, read 799,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hi yall,
I have a bit of scenario I would like yalls input on.My 10 year reunion is coming up this summer.Im debating on whether or not I should go.I was part of a class of hundreds and I think only 12 people or so are signed up to come with quite a few more interested in goin.I wont like the food they are serving at the venue.Its also 50 bucks to come.Most of the people i dont know or dont remember but I still think I would prolly enjoy talking to them but I think it lasts 6 hours.Not very many of friends are going so thats not appealing so idk what I should do.My dad weighed in his opinion and he doesnt think I should miss it and Ive been looking forward to it since I graduated.What do yall think?
If it actually happens, and you're confident you want to go and will have a good time, go. If not, wait for the next one and see how you feel.

From my class of 303 we received exactly 6 responses and ended up cancelling our 10th. Maybe 15th...

Old 03-03-2019, 09:34 PM

4,054 posts, read 3,069,814 times
Quote:
Hi yall,
I have a bit of scenario I would like yalls input on.My 10 year reunion is coming up this summer.Im debating on whether or not I should go.I was part of a class of hundreds and I think only 12 people or so are signed up to come with quite a few more interested in goin.I wont like the food they are serving at the venue.Its also 50 bucks to come.Most of the people i dont know or dont remember but I still think I would prolly enjoy talking to them but I think it lasts 6 hours.Not very many of friends are going so thats not appealing so idk what I should do.My dad weighed in his opinion and he doesnt think I should miss it and Ive been looking forward to it since I graduated.What do yall think?
I have never gone to a high school reunion. Usually I would recommend not to bother with it for those that are on the fence (50%/50%) but you seem to have a strong curiosity about it so I'll change my recommendation and say attend it if the reunion actually takes place. You can always leave early if it sucks and you'll have a baseline for contemplating future reunions (if there are any). I am honestly surprised a recent class like 2009 is doing reunions. They are a bit old fashioned in the era of social media.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:12 AM

9,008 posts, read 2,939,193 times
The people who were focused on scoring popularity points while in high school, were the same ones who organized the 10-year reunion. They did not send out invitations to those who they did not consider as popular enough to be worthy of mingling with them. So attending was not an option for me, even if I had wanted to mingle with them again. I don't know if they and their select classmates had a good time at the reunion and do you think I cared even a little bit?

Old 03-04-2019, 12:32 AM

1,328 posts, read 816,322 times
I didn't go to mine, mostly because many of my high school friends weren't going to go, so there was little point. Seemed those who did, were still living around the area.

Old 03-04-2019, 02:46 AM

320 posts, read 71,309 times
I organized our 10 years reunion and can tell you that with Facebook, twitter etc a lot less people were interested in going. We still had around 100 come out of 250 people. It's no longer what it used to be. As for your question, do you wonder what happened to so and so, or what someone is doing with their lie whom you haven't seen in 10 years? If so, i wold go. Otherwise maybe skip it. Basically it depends if there is someone you potentially want to catch up or reunite.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:09 AM

678 posts, read 456,434 times
My graduating class was around a 100 so they cancelled the 10 year due to lack of interest and the 20 year they had a small one, I looked on facebook and it was mostly the people who peaked in high school who were going so I passed.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:27 AM

234 posts, read 81,864 times
I'm only half kidding, but I plan to attend my 70th reunion in 2044. It would be my first.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:40 AM

6,359 posts, read 2,280,949 times
When I was in high school, I attended the public high school for part of my sophmore year, and then attended a Christian school for the rest of it, and my junior year, and then back to the public high school for my senior year. So...all that to say that I didn't know all that many people my senior year. Although, I did have a small (very small) handful of friends.

I went to my 5 yr. reunion because I was dating someone at the time, who graduated from the same school, same year as me...although I didn't know him at the time I was in school. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have gone. Turns out, we had fun.

I also went to my 10 yr. reunion...it was OK...but I was done, after that.

Interestingly, my mom, who is in her 80's, has gone to every high school reunion her class has ever had. She went to a school in Tulsa, OK. I think all the kids she went to school with, she'd known since 1st grade...and to her, (and she's said this) she felt like she was friends with the whole class...she never felt like there were cliches, and she liked everybody.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:25 AM

866 posts, read 887,028 times
Quote:
Hi yall,
I have a bit of scenario I would like yalls input on....What do yall think?
My recommendation is that you go. My second recommendation is that while there, try to avoid using the word, "yall".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or