Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 03:01 PM

34 posts, read 32,136 times

Advertisements

Took everyone's advice and cut off my friend I previously posted about. A month ago. I just simply expressed my feelings in a diplomatic manner and asked them if they are bothered by me because as of recent they seemed to be stand offish with me. Well him and his girlfriend got really rude and started insulting me. I blocked them on FB where I messaged them and before I could block their cell numbers his girlfriend continued to text me and insult me more. It was too much. I then blocked both numbers.

Problem is I realized after a text message came through a month later I blocked his old number, not his new number. He out of the blue literally just texted profanities, insults, thought we were good friends, and saying he hopes I die. Like what the heck? It has been dead and over? Nothing prompted this. Then I looked through my blocked messages and his girlfriend even texted calling me all sorts of names. Like what the heck? I don't understand why they are causing drama? I realized I was going nowhere with them expressing my feelings and I realized how crappy of a friend he and his girlfriend was, so I just cut myself off and didn't respond to their hatred and insults. I don't understand why they keep insulting me and resurrecting old news. It has been a month and nothing was said about them, I just cut toxic people off and move on with my life. And they are in their 30's acting like children. It's quite pathetic. Any thoughts as to why he keeps insulting me and creating drama? It was literally out of the blue and I didn't insult them. I just cut the cord and moved on. I'm really baffled by all of this hate.

Side note: found out from one of his friends that he said he is going to tell 5 people off and tell them how he really feels. Lol, I guess I was one of the five. But instead of apologizing I guess insulting me and calling me every name in the book was better? It's disgusting how immature he is to put that out on Facebook. Plus I never insulted him, so it wasn't necessary. I just blocked them and that was it. Just really sad actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 03:24 PM

10,498 posts, read 6,967,754 times
Didn't you post this earlier today? Why did the whole thread get deleted?

So I'll just answer once again. You're playing a role in this drama. If you walk away from someone, you literally walk away.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:59 PM

23,025 posts, read 18,369,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearljam93 View Post
Took everyone's advice and cut off my friend I previously posted about. A month ago. I just simply expressed my feelings in a diplomatic manner and asked them if they are bothered by me because as of recent they seemed to be stand offish with me. Well him and his girlfriend got really rude and started insulting me. I blocked them on FB where I messaged them and before I could block their cell numbers his girlfriend continued to text me and insult me more. It was too much. I then blocked both numbers.

Problem is I realized after a text message came through a month later I blocked his old number, not his new number. He out of the blue literally just texted profanities, insults, thought we were good friends, and saying he hopes I die. Like what the heck? It has been dead and over? Nothing prompted this. Then I looked through my blocked messages and his girlfriend even texted calling me all sorts of names. Like what the heck? I don't understand why they are causing drama? I realized I was going nowhere with them expressing my feelings and I realized how crappy of a friend he and his girlfriend was, so I just cut myself off and didn't respond to their hatred and insults. I don't understand why they keep insulting me and resurrecting old news. It has been a month and nothing was said about them, I just cut toxic people off and move on with my life. And they are in their 30's acting like children. It's quite pathetic. Any thoughts as to why he keeps insulting me and creating drama? It was literally out of the blue and I didn't insult them. I just cut the cord and moved on. I'm really baffled by all of this hate.

Side note: found out from one of his friends that he said he is going to tell 5 people off and tell them how he really feels. Lol, I guess I was one of the five. But instead of apologizing I guess insulting me and calling me every name in the book was better? It's disgusting how immature he is to put that out on Facebook. Plus I never insulted him, so it wasn't necessary. I just blocked them and that was it. Just really sad actually.
Emotional garbage. Don't engage and stop writing about it.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:21 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,639,380 times
Are these people drug addicts? Did you meet in rehab or the psych ward or something? I can think of no other reason any 30-something person would behave this way, nor why any adult would post as if this bizarre behaviour needs to be analyzed or explained. What's the back story?

Old 03-11-2019, 05:25 PM

6,279 posts, read 4,158,219 times
You asked this already on another post , my answer is the same. You are part of the drama . There was nothing wrong with just letting the relationship fizzle. Leave it alone.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:36 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,554,022 times
As others have said don't respond. Don't even look at the texts, they will stop.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:41 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,125,629 times
The last time I had someone I knew act this way (texting after being blocked, randomly texting inappropriate things, etc.), the person was on some serious drugs. I just ignored and eventually the texts stopped. They usually just find someone else who will respond. OP, hopefully if you keep ignoring them eventually all communication will cease.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:52 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,639,380 times
Yep, drugs were my first thought too.

Meth?

Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,318,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are these people drug addicts? Did you meet in rehab or the psych ward or something? I can think of no other reason any 30-something person would behave this way, nor why any adult would post as if this bizarre behaviour needs to be analyzed or explained. What's the back story?
Personality disorders can make some people act this way.

I've met plenty of drama queens.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:27 PM

16,376 posts, read 12,371,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearljam93 View Post
Then I looked through my blocked messages and his girlfriend even texted calling me all sorts of names. Like what the heck?
As I said in your earlier post, if you had indeed blocked them, you wouldn't be able to look through the messages. They wouldn't have gone through at all.

Something smells fishy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships