U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 10:25 AM

9,759 posts, read 5,435,621 times

Advertisements

Well, of course I notice.................

..........................but then again, I am a spy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 10:05 PM

12 posts, read 2,466 times
They are only careless ..................... Everything else is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2019, 07:24 AM

26,323 posts, read 24,422,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Personal business over the phone or in public ? Like I was checking out at the grocery store and the cashier was telling me about how she was working with her dad and she had to take a shower before she came to work and etc I mean honestly I don't want to know their personal business ever . also when they are on the cell phone while in the store and you hear how their mom is their best friend and how she is mad at them right now Oh please for god's sake and others stop airing your personal business out in public . Does anyone else seem to notice this ? I mean you cant help but hear it because some of them are speaking so loud .
we don't all think and feel alike, some people, as myself, are very open in forms, but in real life, they chose who they are telling all to...others, don't ever open up, and then there are people like my ex daughter in law, who never discussed anything with anyone...she felt as you do, doesn't make her wrong or right, simply is the way she is...as yourself.

we all own our very own special culture and beliefs...that is "Who" we are, but we cannot expect others to live up to the exact way we are, when we do, we set them and us up to fail.

Just b/c they do that, doesn't make them bad people...

what I notice more than anything is, that people text rather than making phone calls. That bothers me, but, I have to realize, my beliefs are not theirs, and I cannot expect them to call me...like we used to do before there were cell phones. I've had many people explain this to me...doesn't make it right or wrong, it simply is...

hope that makes sense.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:55 PM

2,812 posts, read 1,227,793 times
It's not just confined to younger people; I've heard plenty of older people blabbering away on mobile phones in public. I find it rude when they keep running their mouth on the phone while they are being waited on by the cashier , deli clerk, etc.

I tend to ignore it but it's amazing that some people talk so loudly on the phone in public. Personally I don't want people to know the details of my life so go off in a quiet area to take calls or go back to the car and talk on the phone. I'm sure that nobody else wants to hear me chattering away, either.

One of more memorable ones was a guy behind us in line at the grocery store on the phone with his daughter. He was very loud, berating her for going on a date with a non-Christian man and shouting at her that she was a harlot (not the exact word) and was going to go straight to hell for her behavior. He raved on and on about how she had no class. I felt like turning around and telling him that fanatics who scream on the phone in public have no f-ing class either but of course did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or