U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-06-2019, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
7,402 posts, read 4,558,183 times
Reputation: 27089

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Are you and your other siblings afraid of your brother? It sure sounds like it to me if you will let him mistreat your parents the way he is doing.

I don't think you or your other siblings are taking this seriously enough or dealing with it effectively or responsibly enough. You all need to step up to the plate and take care of your elderly parents and get the brother out of there. Your drug addict brother is taking advantage and abusing old people, living off them, coercing them and using them as a cover for selling drugs from the house. In a way he's keeping them, their finances and their house hostage to his criminal whims and practises. There's a good chance your parents feel helpless, afraid of him and unable to speak out to you and your other siblings or to do anything about the situation, plus they are confined by a sense of misplaced loyalty that he is playing on.

You and your other siblings need to be more pro-active and take more responsibility for the welfare of your parents. Report him to authorities for elder abuse and drug dealing from the elders' house, you can say you fear for the parents safety and well-being and for the safety of the house. Find out what agencies there are in your area that deal with the well-being of elders at home and make regular wellness visits to check up on elders. Report the situation to them and to the police. Report it again and again and again until one agency or another gets involved and cracks down on him. It's important that the parents get regular visits from agents, it will be disruptive to the brother's activities.

Stop making excuses.

Oh dear. You didn't read the whole thread, did you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2019, 03:35 PM
 
16,801 posts, read 14,449,165 times
Reputation: 37859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
Yes. And her mother married a responsible guy. My niece also spends time after school with my mother ... She has a good support team.
A bunch of us went to see her in a show last night.
Does CPS know the child is spending time in a drug house?

I think your brother, and both your parents, should go to prison, and face the full consequences of dealing lethal drugs. I have seen too many people die in my small community (friend's daughter just a week ago) to have one single ounce of sympathy for drug dealers and their enablers.

And I include you in that group. Sheesh. Exposing a young child to that world. Your own flesh and blood. No excuse. You live right down the road. You may complain, but you are not innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2019, 05:53 PM
 
6,621 posts, read 3,810,250 times
Reputation: 15313
Dead. He overdosed and his "friends" just let him die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2019, 06:39 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,102 posts, read 6,512,800 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Oh dear. You didn't read the whole thread, did you?

Oh dear. But I did. I read it from top to bottom - thrice to make sure I never missed anything. I'm calling BS on all the plain-as-your-nose excuses given for why the whole family is not doing interventions to get rid of the criminal addict and his cohorts, out of the house and away from the elders that he is victimizing. None of it is okay and there is no good excuse for it. There are lots of ways to get rid of the bum if the rest of the family will pull together and show some intelligent initiative to protect their elderly parents and the parents' home and property.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Status: "My privilege looks good on me." (set 6 days ago)
 
776 posts, read 167,997 times
Reputation: 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

You and your other siblings need to be more pro-active and take more responsibility for the welfare of your parents. Report him to authorities for elder abuse and drug dealing from the elders' house, you can say you fear for the parents safety and well-being and for the safety of the house. Find out what agencies there are in your area that deal with the well-being of elders at home and make regular wellness visits to check up on elders. Report the situation to them and to the police. Report it again and again and again until one agency or another gets involved and cracks down on him. It's important that the parents get regular visits from agents, it will be disruptive to the brother's activities.


Stop making excuses.


.
We've done this, but there's nothing they can do since my mom really doesn't want to put him out.


I don't know where you got the idea that we're "making excuses."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Status: "My privilege looks good on me." (set 6 days ago)
 
776 posts, read 167,997 times
Reputation: 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Does CPS know the child is spending time in a drug house?

I think your brother, and both your parents, should go to prison, and face the full consequences of dealing lethal drugs. I have seen too many people die in my small community (friend's daughter just a week ago) to have one single ounce of sympathy for drug dealers and their enablers.

And I include you in that group. Sheesh. Exposing a young child to that world. Your own flesh and blood. No excuse. You live right down the road. You may complain, but you are not innocent.
You're getting all kinds of righteous, yet you failed to read the entire thread. The police do not care (see post #16).
We've had interventions, but they didn't help.


I'm not going up there with a baseball bat, trying to physically remove him and getting myself locked up.
The real world is much different than a talk forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top