U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 01:17 PM

4,568 posts, read 1,738,959 times

Advertisements

If he was a true friend, what you said should not bother him. He can eat what he wants, obviously and so can you.

I think your friend is the one who sounds like a jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 01:37 PM

560 posts, read 135,548 times
I believe Chick-Fil-A offers kale salads and whole grilled chicken breasts, neither of which are processed. You could have gone to eat there and picked something else or you could have suggested somewhere else and then they could choose to go along or stick withe their original choice without you. Either way no commentary on their food choices needed to be made unless they asked your opinion on their diet.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:55 PM

237 posts, read 85,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
... I don't know if their chicken is processed. If it is a whole fillet, it is not processed food.... .

Chick fil a chicken is a whole breast fillet.
The 'original' is coated/breaded, BUT you can also get a PLAIN GRILLED fillet, which is about as healthy as you can get (sandwich or over salad).

Chick fil a nuggets are also WHOLE cuts of breast fillet (NOT 'extruded'/processed chicken scraps like McNuggets..)

pretty healthy stuff (just skip the Coke ...)

Old 04-23-2019, 02:30 PM

7,404 posts, read 4,562,334 times
It is possible to get chicken noodle soup and a fruit salad at Chick-fil-A. I do that sometimes.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:34 PM

7,250 posts, read 3,006,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancined View Post
I've decided to stop eating processed meats since they cause colon cancer. I've been going strong for the past few weeks, but today my best friend asked me if I wanted to go out to eat at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I told him no and that I still don't ever want to eat processed meat ever again. He argued that chicken isn't processed meat and that even if it was, the occasional piece of chicken won't hurt me. I told him that she was wrong and I said to him "Once you get colon cancer, don't say that I didn't warn you."

Now he's not answering my calls or texts and I'm wondering if it's really THAT big of a deal what I did. How do I talk to him about this? Who's the bad guy in this situation?
Meat causes colon cancer? Who knew.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:43 PM

35 posts, read 14,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Meat causes colon cancer? Who knew.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.can...es-cancer.html

Old 04-23-2019, 02:57 PM

805 posts, read 437,371 times
Quote:
I've decided to stop eating processed meats since they cause colon cancer. I've been going strong for the past few weeks, but today my best friend asked me if I wanted to go out to eat at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I told him no and that I still don't ever want to eat processed meat ever again. He argued that chicken isn't processed meat and that even if it was, the occasional piece of chicken won't hurt me. I told him that she was wrong and I said to him "Once you get colon cancer, don't say that I didn't warn you."

Now he's not answering my calls or texts and I'm wondering if it's really THAT big of a deal what I did. How do I talk to him about this? Who's the bad guy in this situation?
You. Frankly, you were the bad guy in this situation. Even if you meant to advise him, you used a rude way to give advice. First of all, the title you used for your thread is NOT true. You need to know that your friend was/is NOT mad at you for not eating processed meat; He was/is mad at you ONLY because of the statement you said to him that I colored in red.

It's like to say (indirectly): " I wish you get colon cancer in order to know/realize/understand how value & important was my advice"
OR
in other term: " One day, you are gonna get colon cancer, then you will remember my warning"

I know you might not mean that, but it would be taken/understood like this.

You shouldn't have said that statement in this PARTICULAR SITUATION. So, don't blame him to be mad at u.

Good luck

Old 04-23-2019, 03:07 PM

3,938 posts, read 2,561,557 times
Quote:
And yet millions of people have been eating meat for thousands of years and never get colon cancer. It's all about moderation.

And you were rude to your friend. You could have had a salad.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:24 PM

18,288 posts, read 23,418,375 times
a few years ago the world health organization which is pro vegan ...said eating processed meat with kill you..
well, there's not just one process meat.....but I believe the real food scientists without an agenda said if you eat 5lbs of processed meats a week loaded with nitrates/nitrites that increases your chances for cancer 15%

who eats 5lbs of processed meats a week??

everyone who eats veggies or any other foods will eventually die..

more and more research is saying sugars and carbs are the real food demons ..
cancer cells grow in sugars..... and sugars cause inflammation...

for 40 years the montra has been lean and low fat along with the food pyramid with minimal meats....well we are more obese than ever ….. and obesity causes more health illnesses than just about anything else..
combine that with most americans lack of exercise and here in lies many issues....and also many health issues are hereditery bias'd..

ive seen many health nuts that run everyday get illnesses they "shouldn't"

ive lost many family members too soon...many ate very little protein..... and processed meats .

no one dumps on ice cream or the processed foods in the grocery aisles...

watch the magic pill on Netflix...its an eye opener

Old 04-23-2019, 03:34 PM

22,457 posts, read 24,016,511 times
Quote:
You keep posting this--did you actually read the whole article or just the title?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or