Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:12 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Yes, I see the person who causes more work for the restaurant as the aggressive jerk. People who always cause inconvenience in others lives just to make their own more comfortable. People who are never happy with the good things which are available, and always want to gently push for more.

Are you that way, possibly?
That's a bit extreme in your thinking, it seems like you have unresolved issues with these "friends".

Should I assume you're the one cursing at waiters since you see nothing wrong with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I agree. I don't think salad dressing on the side is an issue, and it's something that many in general seem to prefer.
So what types of modifications makes someone aggressive?

Old 04-28-2019, 08:26 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Well, the OP is confusing me but the one thing I DO know?

He would hate hanging out with me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-28-2019, 11:54 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So what types of modifications makes someone aggressive?
Anything that brings extra work to the staff, and causes other customers inconvenience by the delay resulting in everyone at the restaurant trying to appease the single jerk who can't be happy with the abundance of choices that were offered to him in the first place, some of which even came with options and substitutions built in already.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:05 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Anything that brings extra work to the staff, and causes other customers inconvenience by the delay resulting in everyone at the restaurant trying to appease the single jerk who can't be happy with the abundance of choices that were offered to him in the first place, some of which even came with options and substitutions built in already.
I think you may be more aggressive than the people you are talking about.

Really, this is no big deal. Why does it bother you so much?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-28-2019, 12:18 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,201,883 times
IF you are still going out to eat with these "jerks" and their behavior is upsetting to you, WHY do you continue?

You've been asked this before and you ignore it.

Once would be enough for me. Twice would seal the deal. Beyond that, it's on you that you put yourself into a situation that irritates you so.

I still think you have some really odd ideas about what constitutes "aggression," but then, I'm quite sure that I'm also on your "not too bright" list. And I can live with that.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Such as...?

Old 04-28-2019, 03:37 PM

12,831 posts, read 9,025,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
NOPE! I never eat at Burger King any more because after all those years of saying "Have it your way!", when you actually try to, they make you regret it. Usually a "special order" required you to receive your food approximately 10 minutes after everyone else in your party, or they would delay the entire order and when you finally receive it, everyone's food is cold except the special order. I remember the time we stopped on a day-long road trip at a Burger King by the freeway and I ordered a chicken sandwich with no mayo. My brothers ordered the usual hamburger and fries. Their meals were delivered in something like 2 minutes. They ate and we waited, and waited, for my chicken sandwich. About 15 minutes after brothers got their food, I got my sandwich, WITH mayo. I immediately gave it back to them and told them I'd ordered it WITHOUT mayo and been waiting so long my siblings had already eaten all their food. We wait another 10 minutes and they bring me a new chicken sandwich, WITH MAYO!! Why would I be waiting for a special order if it was just like a regular order??? I sent it back again as my brothers are rolling their eyes. Finally after about 10 more minutes my sandwich is delivered with great apologies. They served it open face so I can see no mayo on my FISH sandwich. Finally I told them to keep the frickin' sandwich and just left after eating only fries. We didn't have all day for FAST food!
Kind of funny isn't it? There's Wendy's near us that we've stopped going to because they can never get an order right. I'm not talking complex things but something as simply as "hold the lettuce." Took the kids in one time and the whole line was moving really slowly. Not only did they get none of our orders right, but after watching, every order had something wrong to be remade. Even the drive through. Pretty much every car was stopping and walking in because something was missing/wrong sandwich/something. Not talking about picky orders, but things like ordering a "single with cheese" and getting a chicken sandwich. Don't know how the place stays in business when at least 50% of orders have to be remade.

Quote:
Being polite and courteous doesn't negate that someone is still a jerk. You have to look at a person's ACTIONS to determine what they are truly doing sometimes.

For example, imagine a less aggressive but more emotional person getting visibly angry and cursing for a moment, but then apologizing and saying that he will be happy with the menu selection. Compare that to someone who is gently but firmly pushing the restaurant to meet his demands. Politely and courteously asking to speak to the manager when he realizes that his request is not going to be met.

Which of the two is really more aggressive? This is a rhetorical question, because anyone who doesn't know the answer is not that bright.
Aggressive: I do not think it means what you think it means.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:41 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
My husband loves machaca con huevos (shredded beef with eggs) and often asks (at Mexican restaurants) if the kitchen can prepare it if it's not on the menu. About half the time, they say ok. He tips well either way. It always kind of embarrasses me, but I can live with it.

Lately, he's started modifying MY order, telling the waiter, "She doesn't want rice," or something similar. That downright annoys me. The polite thing to do would be to ask me if I want rice, and let me modify my order. And no, I don't want the rice, but if I tell them that they put a bunch more beans on the plate, and I don't want that, either.

Old 04-28-2019, 04:01 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Kind of funny isn't it? There's Wendy's near us that we've stopped going to because they can never get an order right. I'm not talking complex things but something as simply as "hold the lettuce." Took the kids in one time and the whole line was moving really slowly. Not only did they get none of our orders right, but after watching, every order had something wrong to be remade. Even the drive through. Pretty much every car was stopping and walking in because something was missing/wrong sandwich/something. Not talking about picky orders, but things like ordering a "single with cheese" and getting a chicken sandwich. Don't know how the place stays in business when at least 50% of orders have to be remade.

Aggressive: I do not think it means what you think it means.
Well then give me a better word. Pushy? Demanding? The ones I know happen to be kind of aggressive types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships