U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 04:07 PM

21,156 posts, read 11,761,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Kind of funny isn't it? There's Wendy's near us that we've stopped going to because they can never get an order right. I'm not talking complex things but something as simply as "hold the lettuce." Took the kids in one time and the whole line was moving really slowly. Not only did they get none of our orders right, but after watching, every order had something wrong to be remade. Even the drive through. Pretty much every car was stopping and walking in because something was missing/wrong sandwich/something. Not talking about picky orders, but things like ordering a "single with cheese" and getting a chicken sandwich. Don't know how the place stays in business when at least 50% of orders have to be remade.

We go to Wendy's a handful of times a year and the last couple of times, they can't even get a basic order, no substitutions, correct. Different locations too. It's kind of weird actually, I order a Number [Whatever] sandwich as is, and they don't get it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 04:13 PM

22,533 posts, read 24,125,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Well then give me a better word. Pushy? Demanding? The ones I know happen to be kind of aggressive types.
You haven't said what behavior you consider "aggressive" other than something that makes more work for the kitchen. Someone politely asking if a dish could be made without onions, or if they can get roasted vegetables instead of potatoes or whatever isn't inherently pushy, demanding, or aggressive.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 16,605,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
We go to Wendy's a handful of times a year and the last couple of times, they can't even get a basic order, no substitutions, correct. Different locations too. It's kind of weird actually, I order a Number [Whatever] sandwich as is, and they don't get it right.
This just happened to us at Burger King. I asked for bacon on my chicken sandwich, but they didnít put it on. My bf and I both ordered onion rings but we got one onion rings and one fries. Of course we didnít look till we were back on the highway.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:15 PM

7,604 posts, read 4,680,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You haven't said what behavior you consider "aggressive" other than something that makes more work for the kitchen. Someone politely asking if a dish could be made without onions, or if they can get roasted vegetables instead of potatoes or whatever isn't inherently pushy, demanding, or aggressive.
What strikes me as bizarre about all this is that restaurants are almost always quite happy to comply with a request if they can.

If a customer knows they can make a bacon cheeseburger exactly the way he likes it (with a fried egg, for example), he's going to come back and order it again.

But this thread isn't really about people who order off the menu. It's about the OP's discomfort around other people in public. I think most of us realize that she's transferred that unease into false concern for the amount of effort food service workers have to put in.

So here are the next few thread titles:

Aggressive people who use the restroom during a meal
Aggressive people who don't bus their own dishes
Aggressive people who don't put their recyclables in the correct containers
Aggressive people who pay for their meal by counting out change
Aggressive people who ask for more bread
Aggressive people who request a water glass refill
Aggressive people who always want to see the dessert menu but don't order anything

Oh, come on, let's all play!

Old 04-28-2019, 07:07 PM

10,518 posts, read 12,730,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Those questions have already been answered. It's all been covered. I'm not going to repeat myself.

As far as I'm concerned this thread has run its course. I haven't gotten much help and I don't expect to now.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:22 PM

21,156 posts, read 11,761,610 times
Quote:
Anything that brings extra work to the staff, and causes other customers inconvenience by the delay resulting in everyone at the restaurant trying to appease the single jerk who can't be happy with the abundance of choices that were offered to him in the first place, some of which even came with options and substitutions built in already.
So to clarify, you are saying that ANY modification to a menu item other than options specifically listed in the menu such as a choice of sides or type of dressing is aggressive?

Your original post made it sound more like they wanted some random item that wasn't on the menu at all, as opposed to something like - for example - my requesting fatijas without bell peppers? I know that some places make up a fajita veggie mix where they have the onions already combined in a bin so they can just grab a handful. So I guess I'm aggressive by assuming that even a kitchen who doesn't have those items prepped separately can handle cutting up another onion to cook without the pepper for my dish?

FWIW, I never lie and claim allergies, but I have no problem requesting what I like when it's very easy to cook a dish to order without one particular ingredient. And I've never had a restaurant say no, which is a good thing because the reality would be that if they did, I would not order anything and never return again.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:49 PM

7,072 posts, read 1,775,797 times
Quote:
What do you think of these people? Do you enjoy eating out with them?

Apparently you are fine with it since you keep going to eat with this person.

If the requests are for health, weight loss or allergy reasons then I see no issue with it. If its only to be difficult and make the staff work harder that is not nice.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:33 AM

4,688 posts, read 1,418,054 times
Quote:
Oh really? You have met them?
Quote:
Oh really? I have a "lot" of these friends?
Quote:
And it does NOT have a darn thing to do with diet restrictions.
Quote:
I couldn't tolerate that at a deli standing behind them in line. That is exactly why guillotines were invented.
Quote:
How has what I have been describing NOT aggressive and pushy?
Quote:
This is a rhetorical question, because anyone who doesn't know the answer is not that bright.
Quote:
Well then give me a better word.
Quote:
I'm not going to repeat myself.

^^^^^^ aggressive comments, IMO.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:36 AM

56,004 posts, read 54,508,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I had to laugh at this, because I had my own Wendy's experience.

Wendy's sent coupons in the mail a couple of years ago. There were two coupons that said Buy a small fries and a small drink, get a free hamburger. 75 cents extra if you want cheese on the burger.

I took the coupon to my local Wendy's. Handed it to the guy behind the counter. I said, "I want this deal, and I do want cheese on the burger, and I'll pay the extra 75 cents."

The kid didn't say ONE WORD to me. He looked at the coupon, looked at me blankly, looked at the coupon again, and then set it on the counter and disappeared into the back.

A minute late a big older man, I guess the manager, comes out and asks if he can help me. I repeated exactly what I said to the first guy. The guy looked at me and said, "There is a charge of 75 cents because you want cheese.' I said, "Yes, I just said that I want cheese and that I understand there is a charge for that."

I got my food and left, just sort of amused.

THREE WEEKS LATER, I went back with the second coupon. Different kid behind the counter but the exact same thing happened. He looked terrified and didn't speak a word to me when I handed him the coupon and instead vanished from sight and sent out the big manager man, and the exact conversation happened all over again. I told him what I wanted and that I wanted to cheese and that yes I knew there was an upcharge of 75 cents, and he AGAIN looked at the coupon and me and said, "There is a charge of 75 cents..."

It was like being in the Twilight Zone.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:00 AM

12,160 posts, read 10,339,034 times
Gotta agree with the Wendy's comments here. They are the worst. I always get a burger plain and when I ask this it's like I'm asking them to solve the world's greatest mystery. They look so perplexed and repeat, so just meat and bun? Or cheese? What about ketchup?????? And pickles???? No plain. And they still mess it up, every single time, no matter what. Heck about once a year I get an order that isn't even mine when I go to Wendy's drive through. I go maybe once a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or