Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 02:55 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,574,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Did you say or do something 25 years ago that she took offense to? People don't just block others for no reason.
That's not always the case.

You're not the same person you were in HS that you are 25 years later.

OP is making too much of this.

She acts like blocking someone on FB takes a law passed by Congress to have it implemented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 03:50 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,136,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I’m not a bad person. Just hurt and confused.
Hurt and confused that someone you haven't been in touch with for 25 years does not want to connect on FB?
What if your friend is hurt about you not being in contact for such a long time?

If you are really hurt, get her contact details and reach out to her in real life.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:51 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,312,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
She also is completely fake now. Fake nose, fake teeth, boob job, used to have a healthy figure now looks too skinny. My friend ran into her and said she seemed like a Stepford Wife.
Here we go!
You have not even re-connected with your former friend, but these comments above say more about you than her.
You said that your HS friend went to top college and looks like she is well-off and doing well- guess she is smart?
I bet, she figured you out years ago. Hence, when she got a wind through some of her relatives and friends that you are inquiring about her- she made the first step and blocked you.
She does not need people like you in her life.
Get over it.
To help yourself “ getting over” ask yourself- why is it important to you to “ re- connect “ with her? Why are you” hurt” that she blocked you?
Figure this out first, but stop reaching out to her, her relatives, her current friends, stop spying on her through her friends in social media and do not discuss anything about her on- line or in person.
Focus on something else. You are borderline stalking her.
Good luck!

Last edited by Nik4me; 05-09-2019 at 04:12 PM..

Old 05-09-2019, 05:29 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,334,679 times
Some people solve this problem by just not having a social media account (Facebook, etc). That way no one can "block" them or "unfriend" them. If things that happen on social media often seem upsetting, perhaps taking down your profile is the answer. Just an idea. I know lots of people who aren't on Facebook. They say they aren't missing anything.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:34 PM

11,646 posts, read 12,890,495 times
Could she have blocked you by accident? Maybe she thought you were someone else? At times, people in high school tend to lookalike. And we're talking about 20+ years.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:01 PM

17,504 posts, read 38,984,566 times
I thought Facebook threads were not allowed on City-Data? I posted one a couple years ago that was promptly closed. Facebook is a waste of time anyway.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 PM

16,390 posts, read 12,405,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I thought Facebook threads were not allowed on City-Data? I posted one a couple years ago that was promptly closed. Facebook is a waste of time anyway.
It was just in this forum (non-romantic relationships), and that rule was done away with. Mods were probably getting tired of enforcing it.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:59 PM

6,421 posts, read 3,918,078 times
Is it even possible to block a single person from finding you on Facebook? Is it possible to block people from finding you at all? It can certainly be made less likely by not posting things like phone numbers by which people can search for you, but can you be completely un-find-able? (I can't remember, can you keep yourself from showing up in Facebook's directory at all, even if someone directly types in your name?)

I thought a block just kept a person from contacting you, not from completely knowing that you exist on a platform.

Plenty of people are choosy who they friend on Facebook. I don't accept every friend request that comes my way. The people I feel the need to be "friends" with from as long ago as high school are few and far between (and we have been in some contact pretty constantly since then; someone who suddenly contacted me now after hearing nothing for years, I probably wouldn't feel a pressing need to reconnect with). It's not even that they've done anything to offend me; there are plenty of people I think of fondly and might enjoy a short chat with but don't need to keep close anymore. I have simply moved on with my life.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:27 PM

838 posts, read 764,011 times
One thing that may have turned her off is that . . . instead of having her sister forward a message from you to her . . . you got her email & emailed her yourself, without her permission. That's a bit pushy. So is assuming that you'd just start up a friendship again. . . . It's always a good idea to allow the other person to give you their own contact information . . . if indeed they want to.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:34 AM

16,390 posts, read 12,405,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Is it even possible to block a single person from finding you on Facebook? Is it possible to block people from finding you at all? It can certainly be made less likely by not posting things like phone numbers by which people can search for you, but can you be completely un-find-able? (I can't remember, can you keep yourself from showing up in Facebook's directory at all, even if someone directly types in your name?)

I thought a block just kept a person from contacting you, not from completely knowing that you exist on a platform.
Yes, it is possible to block a single person from seeing your presence on FB at all. They can try to search for you but will find nothing. If you have mutual friends, they won’t see anything you post on those friends’ pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships