U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 08:13 AM

362 posts, read 136,066 times

Advertisements

One of my good friends, Sherry, all through HS and a few years after. After she graduated college we talked a few times but then didn’t seem to want to get together anymore. We lost touch. Throughout the years as social media became more prevelant searched for old friends. I found one that was a friend of mine and hers also. I wrote her. She wrote me back told me all about her life. I asked about Sherry and she said she was in her wedding. I asked if she had her email address and she ignored that question. Later when FB was becoming popular I looked for Sherry.

Didn’t find her. But found her sister. She friended me and gave me Sherry’s email address. I emailed her, she wrote back just giving me and brief update on her life. I responded sending her a few recent pics and said we should get together. She responded that her kids are very young and she would be to busy to get to together. Maybe when they are older. That was a total brush off so I stopped contacting her. Then a few friends were telling me they found her on FB and are friends with her. I couldn’t find her, or see her on anyone’s friends list. My husband checked and pulled her right up. So that means she blocked me from finding her. I wasn’t going to contact her because of the brush off email but still curious to see what she looked like 20 years later. I noticed her sister had unfriended me also. It just makes no sense. We never had a failing out. Never any problems. The only thing I can remember is she went to a top college and I was misguided hanging out with some questionable people but this was in the mid 90’s and I have since grown up. She is now extremely successful it seems and very rich. Picture perfect house and family per what my friend showed me on FB. She still is good friends with someone form HS who isn’t rich and successful so I don’t think she is not speaking to me because I’m not like her. It just bothers me. To go to the trouble of blocking me? I didn’t do anything. Just asked a few people how to get a hold of her since we were good friends. And stopped any contact after her brush off email.

Last edited by Adriank7; 05-08-2019 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 08:19 AM

9,039 posts, read 8,283,809 times
Why are you pursuing this after she's brushed you off? Being friends when you were young is no guarantee you'll be friends as adults.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:22 AM

I’m not pursuing it anymore but to block me and her sister on friend me? It wasn’t like I did anything or stalked her. I asked one friend and her sister for her email address. Wrote her and got brushed off. That was it.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:52 AM

9,871 posts, read 3,926,184 times
You seem to know the answer very clearly - she considers you kind of sketchy, and she wants to live her life associating with people who share her values and income/lifestyle.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:58 AM

So I’m sketchy because I hung around a few questionable people 25 years ago that she met once. She knew me well and knew I was nothing like those people. Just went through a rough patch. No drugs or anything. Just associated with a few strange people for a couple of years 1994 to 1996. I got myself together in 1997 and was doing some theatre and working (she was in theatre also in school) and we talked around that time on the phone but she never wanted to make plans. Plus her good friend from HS (we were all friends then) who she is still friends with. Does not share her same lifestyle. Sometimes I think she didn’t want to associate me because I didn’t finish my degree.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:21 AM

9,122 posts, read 3,534,321 times
I have blocked people from my past because they said things that hurt me. Even if others would think it's unjustified for me to feel that way or to block them. I do what I need to do, for my sanity and well-being.

I have also blocked a person who contacted me constantly asking for favors and help. I didn't bother explaining, I just blocked her and stopped talking to her.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
Does not share her same lifestyle. Sometimes I think she didnít want to associate me because I didnít finish my degree.
That just seems like a strange reason to block someone, though. Because they didn't get a college degree?

Old 05-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I have blocked people from my past because they said things that hurt me. Even if others would think it's unjustified for me to feel that way or to block them. I do what I need to do, for my sanity and well-being.

I have also blocked a person who contacted me constantly asking for favors and help. I didn't bother explaining, I just blocked her and stopped t
Ok but I didn’t do any of these things.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
Ok but I didn’t do any of these things.
Is she a born-again Christian or something like that? There are people who will only associate with people who go to the same church they do. I've experienced this.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:28 AM

No she is Catholic but not sure what her husband is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or