Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 03:37 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times

Advertisements

I don’t approve of people suggesting making the dog sick. This is crazy. Also on another point my dogs shared my popsicles when I was a kid and I’m still alive. Lol. That being said leave the dog at home. Or they could just leave the dog in a bedroom and have the owners let it go potty periodically. But probably best at home or a boarding facility.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:39 PM

23,252 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
However if the OP would like to do something about future gatherings with the St. Bernard they could always slip the dog cheese, ice cream, Whipped cream, and other dairy products. While not toxic to dogs, dogs do not produce enough lactase to break down the lactose found in milk dairy products and it can trigger digestive trouble in dogs, including diarrhea.

With any luck at all, the results will convince the owner that future events are too much trouble.
What a HORRIBLE cowardly suggestion! Make the dog suffer for something it didn't even have control over. Disgusting.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:40 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Sucks View Post
No, they can't due to the logistics/circumstances involved.
What could those possibly be? She doesn't know one other person that is attending? That no one else owns a car?

You say your home is too small. People with small homes have parties. It is called renting a banquet room.

I think you are the only one that cares about the dog. Like I said in a previous post it is better than a damn cat. Those are the ones climbing around the kitchen cabinets and counter.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:48 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Since someone else is hosting, and the OP is clear that due to providing transportation for the honored guest there is nothing to be done about it this time around.

However if the OP would like to do something about future gatherings with the St. Bernard they could always slip the dog cheese, ice cream, Whipped cream, and other dairy products. While not toxic to dogs, dogs do not produce enough lactase to break down the lactose found in milk dairy products and it can trigger digestive trouble in dogs, including diarrhea.

With any luck at all, the results will convince the owner that future events are too much trouble.
That is horrible. Shame on you

Old 05-13-2019, 03:50 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
The dog owner isn't hosting, but a close relative is. The host is afraid to say anything to them.
This post implies that the host does not want the dog there either but is too chicken to tell their dog owning "close relative" that the dog is not welcome.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
No, they can't due to the logistics/circumstances involved.
Then it sounds like you have no other choice but to suck it up and enjoy the party.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
What could those possibly be? She doesn't know one other person that is attending? That no one else owns a car?

You say your home is too small. People with small homes have parties. It is called renting a banquet room.

I think you are the only one that cares about the dog. Like I said in a previous post it is better than a damn cat. Those are the ones climbing around the kitchen cabinets and counter.
Exactly, that response made no sense.

It's a family gathering so she clearly knows other people, and sounds like they all live in fairly close proximity to one another, surely someone else could drive her.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That is horrible. Shame on you
Hard to believe someone(and a regular on the board) would even suggest something so awful.

Old 05-13-2019, 04:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly, that response made no sense.

It's a family gathering so she clearly knows other people, and sounds like they all live in fairly close proximity to one another, surely someone else could drive her.
And considering she is the guest of honor... I would think everyone at the party would know her.

What would happen if the OP became sick on the day of the party, or couldn't go for some other reason? Would they just cancel it? That seems unlikely...

Old 05-13-2019, 04:29 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
The idea that dogs "suffer with diarrhea" from eating ice cream or whipped cream is so much BS.

They don't cramp up, don't howl in pain, don't even whimper They have loose stools and go on about their business.

It's the owners who have the problem, not the dogs.

Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships