U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 05:44 PM

3,182 posts, read 1,205,475 times

Advertisements

good for you.
as they say: the first step is admitting you have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 06:17 PM

86 posts, read 32,246 times
I feel a little bit better after talking about it. I think it wasn't just jealousy, I felt like my niece, nephew and my sister were treated unjustly when they were little over there. There was also a time a little after that I just said "hi" to one of the daughters and she just blew me off in a really rude way. We know all our immediate neighbors around us, even ones further down the street.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:05 PM

12,392 posts, read 7,452,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapeAritst View Post
They really do seem to have the perfect life. Parents with kids in their early 20s who all have expensive looking cars and they look like they get them detailed every single day. It just feels unreal, my mind is just blown away. I know the grass always seems greener on the other side and for all I know they are all up to their neck in debt but I just don't know. They all have kids too that they bring over to visit their parents.

I am not depressed or anything because of it but it is just super annoying. When the kids were younger, they use to play at their house; I tried to interact with their kids around my age but they were just so withdrawn. Eventually they took their soccer game to the backyard because they didn't want my niece, nephew or sister to play with their kids in their yard. Maybe that incident left a really bad taste in my mouth and I don't particularly care for them anymore after the way they treated the kids.
Since your neighbor has kids your own age, does that mean you are still living at home with your parents?

So your jealous that your peers have moved out from their parents house, have good jobs, nice cars, and have started families of their own. Are these all things that you want too?

Or is it just that you don't like these people and don't think they deserve to be happy in life?

Old 05-12-2019, 07:44 PM

86 posts, read 32,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Since your neighbor has kids your own age, does that mean you are still living at home with your parents?

So your jealous that your peers have moved out from their parents house, have good jobs, nice cars, and have started families of their own. Are these all things that you want too?
Yes and yes.

I think it is what I really want in my life. I want to work towards that and eventually achieve that. Something just screams out to be that I am really behind and need to pick up the pace. Maybe I can use that as motivation in my own life and eventually gain more positive energy.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:57 PM

5,309 posts, read 2,757,146 times
You need to pay more attention to moving forward with your own goals. That way, you won’t be wasting energy comparing your life with theirs.

It is fruitless to resent them for having done things that you have not done. This is in your control, not theirs.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:00 PM

6,762 posts, read 3,665,047 times
Ok, so what positive steps have you taken to accomplish it? Get a job, rent a place, move out on your own. That's the normal progression. Is something stopping you? Is there something else you haven't told us?

Old 05-13-2019, 02:48 AM

1,055 posts, read 623,256 times
all that negative energy spent on jealousy makes you an insecure person..get over it, forget the neighbors and work on being yourself..

Old 05-13-2019, 03:28 AM

6,063 posts, read 2,792,798 times
learn to define yourself, refine yourself and divine yourself. It really is seeking peace within yourself. Be you, whatever that may be.

I have zero desire to be as the poem Deserata ascribes " There will always be greater and lesser persons then yourself" What a terrible way to exist as if some are beneath us and some too high above to be in our company. Its a slighted style of arrogance.

Turn that jealousy into envy of the good kind. Which propels one to attain a certain quality. I Envy my friends disposition to be graceful. Nothing wrong with that style of envy. She glides into rooms where as I stumble with two left feet. Yet each day I put one foot in front of the other and find a bit of confidence . I appreciate a quality ....try to do that with folks....

Old 05-13-2019, 04:19 AM

12,255 posts, read 13,479,761 times
“Good morning neighbor!”

I HATE YOU!”

Old 05-13-2019, 05:56 AM

1,857 posts, read 532,279 times
Try this:
Imagine a for sale sign going up in their yard followed by neighbors from hell moving in. Loud parties, loud rap music at all hours, people coming and going at all hours making you wonder if they are selling meth. One day you come home and realize someone has stolen things from your garage.
Now, appreciate that you have quiet, respectful neighbors and be thankful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships