U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2019, 07:33 PM
 
21 posts, read 6,486 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Thee might be a language barrier, possibly with us and also possibly you with her.

Asking for pictures OF HER in France sounds creepy, tbh. It sounds like you want pictures of her but to make it sound less creepy, you want them to be out and about where she lives so you can pretend you want to see France but it's really her you want to see.

If actually you wanted pictures of France, as in "show me what the area where you live looks like," there was no need to ask for pictures "of her" in France. So either that was your mistake with some language misunderstanding, or you really just want to see pictures of her, which may understandably creep her out.

If you wanted to see pictures of France and NOT of her - like, you genuinely want to know what France looks like - then you should maybe message her again and apologize for how you worded the last request, and say you just want to know what the area she lives in looks like. Like "send me pictures of your hometown in France, I want to see the scenery" or something of the sort. Leave out the "pictures of you" part.

If you DID just want to see pictures of her, then leave it alone because the way you worded it the first time suggested you want pictures of her, so no need to say it again unless you were misunderstood, like I said. I suspect she was a little weirded out by your request for pictures "of her" and that's why she isn't responding.

I'd be ghosting a guy I just met on vacation who later asked me for pictures "of myself" in my home country, as well. Women are often cautious around men they don't really know, even just talking to them long distance. As a man, you might not realize why she's creeped out, especially if you didn't quite mean to ask what you did and instead meant something more innocent and just got the wording wrong.
Thanks for the reply...honestly i just wanted to see some recent pictures of her because,because she almost never post pictures of her on facebook,instagram and any social media. But i didnt try some creppy in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-13-2019, 09:22 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,094 posts, read 6,507,733 times
Reputation: 13850
Quote:
Originally Posted by greglovesoldtrucks View Post
Maybe need to look at this one from another point of view. This is a "new" acquaintance I take ??

How does she know her pics will not end up being posted on " seedy" websites or altered distastefully, or put on less than desirable or respectful websites ? Once pictures are given to anyone, that person giving them away can never REALLY be sure, what may happen to them. JMO

This ^^^



Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
Thanks for the reply...honestly i just wanted to see some recent pictures of her because,because she almost never post pictures of her on facebook,instagram and any social media. But i didnt try some creppy in any way.

I was thinking the same thing that the poster above said about her being afraid of trusting you with her pictures. Maybe she has a jealous boyfriend or a husband that she never told you about and she doesn't want to risk having to explain to him about pictures of her showing up on internet that were posted by some stranger.

If she doesn't post many pictures of herself on fb or social media or whatever, it sounds like she is a very private, cautious and careful person anyway. As she should be. I think you should forget about getting pictures from her in Paris. Don't make a big deal out of it, don't say anything more to her about it. Send her the candies, and if she sends you some pictures in return then send her the other gift.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2019, 09:58 PM
 
21 posts, read 6,486 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
This ^^^






I was thinking the same thing that the poster above said about her being afraid of trusting you with her pictures. Maybe she has a jealous boyfriend or a husband that she never told you about and she doesn't want to risk having to explain to him about pictures of her showing up on internet that were posted by some stranger.

If she doesn't post many pictures of herself on fb or social media or whatever, it sounds like she is a very private, cautious and careful person anyway. As she should be. I think you should forget about getting pictures from her in Paris. Don't make a big deal out of it, don't say anything more to her about it. Send her the candies, and if she sends you some pictures in return then send her the other gift.

.
Thanks for the reply...so you think that she might felt a little uncomfortable but not to the point of stop talking to me or thinking im a pervert or something like that right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 01:34 AM
 
2,928 posts, read 1,526,666 times
Reputation: 3104
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
"the only reason i asked you for the pictures was because it been a long time since the last time we met...and a i wanted to see reason pictures of you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
i just wanted to know a little bit of france" ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
But i havent said we are close friends...i just said that when we text she always replies me in good way.

And my reasons are clear i just want to see some recent pictures of her. and why did you mean that you would no apologize because im all over the place with my reasons?
There are two different reasons stated above. One reason you asked for pictures (with her in them) is that you wanted to see more of France. You can see more of France if she is not in the pictures. The other reason is that you wanted to see pictures of your friend because you hadn't seen her in a long time.

Also, everyone has their own definition of what close friends means. That is why I said you are not as close as you think you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:06 AM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,094 posts, read 6,507,733 times
Reputation: 13850
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
Thanks for the reply...so you think that she might felt a little uncomfortable but not to the point of stop talking to me or thinking im a pervert or something like that right?

I don't know her or you so I can't answer that question. If she is an intelligent woman with good survival instincts then I think it's natural for her to feel cautious about sending her pictures to a new acquaintance that she doesn't know very well. If it was me in her shoes I would have said "No pictures".

I guess you will just have to wait and see if you hear back from her. If you don't hear back from her then yes, I think you probably made her suddenly uncomfortable and feeling like she can't trust you when you asked her for pictures. If you do hear back from her tell her you didn't mean to alarm her and that it's NOT important for her to send you any pictures of her. And don't ask her again. If you do ask her again then that will be a red flag for her and she will probably stop communicating with you.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 06:25 AM
 
21 posts, read 6,486 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't know her or you so I can't answer that question. If she is an intelligent woman with good survival instincts then I think it's natural for her to feel cautious about sending her pictures to a new acquaintance that she doesn't know very well. If it was me in her shoes I would have said "No pictures".

I guess you will just have to wait and see if you hear back from her. If you don't hear back from her then yes, I think you probably made her suddenly uncomfortable and feeling like she can't trust you when you asked her for pictures. If you do hear back from her tell her you didn't mean to alarm her and that it's NOT important for her to send you any pictures of her. And don't ask her again. If you do ask her again then that will be a red flag for her and she will probably stop communicating with you.

.
Well,i have to talk to her again because i have to tell her when i send her the gift...so i after i tell her i send her the gift i should tell her something like " Ahh btw about the pictures,honestly i just wanted to see some recent pictures of her buy if you cant send them, i understand it"
it would be okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 06:50 AM
 
4,494 posts, read 1,342,520 times
Reputation: 6298
OP, what exactly is your relationship with her? That's unclear.

It sounds like you still haven't heard back from her. How long has it been? And is that unusual?

And I disagree with the posters who have expressed serious paranoia about sending pictures. It's not like the OP asked for nude pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 07:00 AM
 
21 posts, read 6,486 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
OP, what exactly is your relationship with her? That's unclear.

It sounds like you still haven't heard back from her. How long has it been? And is that unusual?

And I disagree with the posters who have expressed serious paranoia about sending pictures. It's not like the OP asked for nude pictures.
It was last saturday. Well me met in canada last july...and since then we dont talk all the time, but something we do, and when we talk honestly always is fluid conversation.

Thats why i didnt see any problem on sending those gift to her And didnt see any problem on asking her for the pictures either.

The last thing i want to do is making her uncomfortable. Thats why i didnt know if a should ask her again, apolagize,not mention it again or what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 07:18 AM
 
4,494 posts, read 1,342,520 times
Reputation: 6298
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
It was last saturday. Well me met in canada last july...and since then we dont talk all the time, but something we do, and when we talk honestly always is fluid conversation.

Thats why i didnt see any problem on sending those gift to her And didnt see any problem on asking her for the pictures either.

The last thing i want to do is making her uncomfortable. Thats why i didnt know if a should ask her again, apolagize,not mention it again or what.
In your first post you said "a few months ago". Now it's "last july" (10 months ago). And it's still unclear what your relationship with her is. More info is needed.

And, again, is it unusual for her to go 5 days without replying to your text?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 07:48 AM
 
21 posts, read 6,486 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
In your first post you said "a few months ago". Now it's "last july" (10 months ago). And it's still unclear what your relationship with her is. More info is needed.

And, again, is it unusual for her to go 5 days without replying to your text?
Welll i think my relationship with her its we are just friends, and something we chat, but as i said when we do ( usually 1 time per month) We catch up with our life and i think she feels comfortable because she tells me everything wit a lot of details....as i said thats why a didnt have any problem sending her a little gift and didnt have any problem either adding those candies she wants me to add to delivery. (I guess if she didnt trust me she wouldnt ask me for it...and honestly i wouldnt spent money on a person who i dont feel any kind of connection with)

And one or two times she has replied my messages after 2 or 3 days...buts its more common she replies me the same day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top