U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 08:09 PM

21 posts, read 6,514 times

Advertisements

Hi, i have a friend who made in a trip we made to canada a few months ago, she is from france…ive been texting with her for a few weeks recently, so i decided to send her a gift , she asked me for some pictures of the gift and i sent her the pictures, she later asked me if a could send her some national candies, and i told her that i had no problem on sending the candies to her …later i asked her if she could send me some pictures of her in france, because i wanted to know france at least in pictures and she didnt reply that message to me…so i dont know if i made her feel uncomfortable asking her for that pictures…or if I should try again or I should never ask her for those pictures again because she felt uncomfortable…what shoud I do?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 08:22 PM

253 posts, read 71,166 times
We have no idea what happened. Don't ask again. Send another text in a few days to say hi and see if she replies. Don't ask about pics again.

I'm thinking she felt it was too much effort to deal with pics. She might not have any she likes with her "in France". She's always in France so what does that mean? Way too vague. Drop that idea.

I don't recommend texting or email to stay in touch. Too digital. Only real phone calls.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
We have no idea what happened. Don't ask again. Send another text in a few days to say hi and see if she replies. Don't ask about pics again.

I'm thinking she felt it was too much effort to deal with pics. She might not have any she likes with her "in France". She's always in France so what does that mean? Way too vague. Drop that idea.

I don't recommend texting or email to stay in touch. Too digital. Only real phone calls.
Thanks for the reply...
I asked her for the pictures,because as she was confident to ask me if i could ser her national food, i believed there was nothing wrong on asking her for the pictures.

Thats why i wanted to know if there was something wrong about it

Old 05-12-2019, 09:06 PM

14,627 posts, read 12,128,965 times
National candies?

Old 05-12-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
National candies?
Yes haha...i live in mexico, so after i told her i wanted to send her the gift i want to send her...she asked me i could send her some mexican candies too, because she wants to know how they taste. I told that i had no problem and after that if when i asked her i she could send dome pictures of her in france, and she didnt reply that message.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:36 AM

6,831 posts, read 2,787,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
Yes haha...i live in mexico, so after i told her i wanted to send her the gift i want to send her...she asked me i could send her some mexican candies too, because she wants to know how they taste. I told that i had no problem and after that if when i asked her i she could send dome pictures of her in france, and she didnt reply that message.
There is always the chance she lost the message in some way. No way to know. Seems reasonable to send her a simple "Hi, I hope you enjoyed those national candies!" in a week or so. If she got the request for pictures she may bring it up on her own or send some to you. Give her a chance, then drop it for good.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
There is always the chance she lost the message in some way. No way to know. Seems reasonable to send her a simple "Hi, I hope you enjoyed those national candies!" in a week or so. If she got the request for pictures she may bring it up on her own or send some to you. Give her a chance, then drop it for good.
So you recommend me not to bring it up myself? for example when i send her the message that i hope she enjoyed the candies i shouldnt add something like "Sorry if i made you feel uncomfortableabout the pictures...i just wanted to know a little bit of france" ??

Old 05-13-2019, 01:55 AM

4,532 posts, read 1,350,256 times
I get the feeling that this thread belongs in the Relationships forum.

But perhaps the OP's friend would think it's in the correct forum (Non-Romantic Relationships).

Old 05-13-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I get the feeling that this thread belongs in the Relationships forum.

But perhaps the OP's friend would think it's in the correct forum (Non-Romantic Relationships).
Firstly i put the thread on the relationships forum but it was moved here.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:02 AM

6,831 posts, read 2,787,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_1222 View Post
So you recommend me not to bring it up myself? for example when i send her the message that i hope she enjoyed the candies i shouldnt add something like "Sorry if i made you feel uncomfortableabout the pictures...i just wanted to know a little bit of france" ??
Yes. Give HER the chance to bring up the requested pictures herself. If she got your message about them and she's remotely considerate she'll say something about them in return for your gift. If she doesn't mention them at all, I'd forget it. After all, you can't force her to do anything. This isn't a treasured close friend, just a casual acquaintance that you'll probably never see or speak to again. Probably no great loss in the grand scheme of things. Release her as a not-too-polite person and move on. You can find many pictures of France on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or